Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary O'Neil - tactics

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always thought when Neves and Moutinho left it would be start of the Mendes exodus....
I think its slowly coming home to roost that we have to part with prize assets to aid our PL survival.

Plus of course all our star players will have a desire to seek lucrative contracts and/or regularly play top European football.
Agents will be well aware of their clients wishes which is something our club can't offer right now.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its slowly coming home to roost that we have to part with prize assets to aid our PL survival.

Plus of course all our star players will have a desire to seek lucrative contracts and/or regularly play top European football.
Agents will be well aware of their clients wishes which is something our club can't offer right now.
Was always going to be the way for a club our size really.....we were spoilt really when we first game up.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question.
Which is the better midfield 3: Neves, Moutinho and Donk or Lemina, Gomes and Doyle?
In my view there is no black and white answer to that, it depends on the style and tactics that you wish to play (also which Mouts - the one from the first or the one from the last season).

I can unequivocally say that Ruben was better technically than Doyle and both João and Mario were better than Donk at pressing etc.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question.
Which is the better midfield 3: Neves, Moutinho and Donk or Lemina, Gomes and Doyle?

Also my point was a comparison of the two that left to the one who came in during the summer.

Lemina and Gomes were signed in the Jan during operation survival

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also my point was a comparison of the two that left to the one who came in during the summer.

Lemina and Gomes were signed in the Jan during operation survival
Yeah, but I think it’s fair to say Gomes and Lemina were signed in preparation for Neves and Moutinho leaving. Doyle just cropped up as an opportunity and actually replaced Hodge in the squad.
I do agree with you and wicked that it probably largely depends on which aged Moutinho you have.

Also we’ve usually been at our best with a midfield 2.
Neves & Gomes could potentially have been a wonderful partnership.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, but I think it’s fair to say Gomes and Lemina were signed in preparation for Neves and Moutinho leaving. Doyle just cropped up as an opportunity and actually replaced Hodge in the squad.
I do agree with you and wicked that it probably largely depends on which aged Moutinho you have.

Also we’ve usually been at our best with a midfield 2.
Neves & Gomes could potentially have been a wonderful partnership.

Neves and Gomes would have been a top tier partnership!!!!

Gomes and Lemina was a great piece of succession planning. I will never say they weren’t and look at my posts about the Jan and their impact not just on keeping us up, but for getting us to be as strong as we are in the midfield area.

It was the concept of saying that gaining Doyle (had a great debut prem season) but losing neves and moutinho in the same win window is an upgrade which it patently isn’t or cannot be rationally explained to be

Back
Top Bottom