Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary O'Neil on Monday night football

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Producer to Gary

" Great to have you on tonight Gary, tonight's running order is 15 minutes Ange, the greatest Aussie since Skippy the Bush Kangaroo. Then the rest of the show we will ask you what did you think of Liverpool beating Everton / United winning at Sheffield United and Arsenal coming from two down to get a draw ? . ................ Sorry but can you help refresh my memory, who is it you manage ! "

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Producer to Gary

" Great to have you on tonight Gary, tonight's running order is 15 minutes Ange, the greatest Aussie since Skippy the Bush Kangaroo. Then the rest of the show we will ask you what did you think of Liverpool beating Everton / United winning at Sheffield United and Arsenal coming from two down to get a draw ? . ................ Sorry but can you help refresh my memory, who is it you manage ! "
Also the producer to Gary:

"Mate can you please back off breathing into the microphone just a tad. A bit more. There we go."

(I'm a supporter of his, of course. Just having a laugh.)

Last edited:

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Carra just say ‘I don’t normally look after Gary’s’?

Ha, ha, fair play. Genius line.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, no doubt about it, he knows what he’s talking about. Makes his scouse partner here sound like an amateur.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've mentioned on here before, I know somebody who has links to first team staff. O Neill is very highly thought of at the club, he impresses everyone.

I suspect him being on MNF is calculated PR by the club to get the fans on side by seeing what they see.

It's turned my opinion on him for sure, was an incredible bit of analysis. Didnt give alot away but there was enough there too see what we were trying to do

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gary strikes me as a bloke who has been garnering grudging respect his whole life.

On the other hand, he started playing professionally at 16 and he managed a Prem club at 39 (and a second Prem club at 40), so...kind of seems when decision-makers see the man (or boy...ffs Tony Pulis gave him his debut at 16, and Tony Pulis is not exactly a sentimental sort) up close, they like him.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've mentioned on here before, I know somebody who has links to first team staff. O Neill is very highly thought of at the club, he impresses everyone.

I suspect him being on MNF is calculated PR by the club to get the fans on side by seeing what they see.
Could be but also a bit of a shop window to impress future potential employers.

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m very impressed with what I’m seeing and hearing . He’s confident enough to know he’s not giving anything away. He’s definitely adept enough to adjust with whatever he’s faced with.. to say we’re nowhere near where wants us to be leaves me salivating! We could have a gem on our hands .. extend his contract now!! Lol

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, that was a properly impressive explanation by Gary. I was highly critical of Gary only a few weeks ago, but watching that I can see why Hobbs was impressed. Insightful and very clearly explained. As someone said earlier, PE Teacher my ****.

Well worth a watch for anyone with access to MNF. More to come at 10:30 too.

Back
Top Bottom