Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary O’Neil

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Bellegarde, the Paraguay kid, Bueno at CB and Tommy Doyle have turned us, in your eyes, from “nailed on for relegation” to a team that “should be comfortably mid table”.??

Have a day off Muggy.
In fairness, he never said or implied that.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to judge many things from the tv.
Do you think the players are running more because they are fitter or from motivation or a bit of both?

They certainly were working hard during the city game and I attributed that to motivation.
I think they’re running more because they’re pressing harder which will come from management

Reaction score
Neto was bang in form like this for Portugal in the summer……. He was sensational in their games and was very good against England and extremely unlucky not to score.

So did GO get him back and looking like he is now when he played in the summer? Of course not.

Or is Neto just finally fully fit and back to his pre-injury levels? As the kind of injury neto had is no lies a potential career ender and will have taken a long time to get physiologically back from.

Neto is playing like the Neto of old as he is finally injury free which he wasn’t for any stage for JL
I'm commenting on what I have seen from the start of the season until now. I've not seen any of his games in the summer.

Yes Neto is fully fit & that has a lot to do with his form.

I think the manager likes Neto & thinks he is a very good player. He believes in him.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I'm commenting on what I have seen from the start of the season until now. I've not seen any of his games in the summer.

I think the manager likes Neto & thinks he is a very good player. He believes in him.
Good points. He's made Neto the "main man" and is game planning around him. For example, he moves him around so that he can be the most effective offensively (opposite Ake instead of Walker). And encouraging him to take risks and make things happen.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would worry if he didn’t like Pedro, his personality is infectious and fit or not he clearly loves being at the club.

Also, who wouldn’t think he is a very good player? He had multiple Portugal senior caps and was much coveted all over Europe before his knee injury for fees greater than neves was getting offers for based on what I have heard from clubs who wanted both neves and Neto.

If he didn’t like him or didn’t think he wasn’t a very good player, I wouldn’t want him at the club a day longer!

Neto is currently the sole attacking threat going forward before the ball goes into the box. So he is the life raft GO is hanging onto as without Pedro in his current form we aren’t where we are now.

We need to make sure we start spreading the load as Pedro will start to get rougher treatment and double marked.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sammy Chapman cared about the club. He was so limited in what he had to work with and kept us going. Always had respect for him
I have only just read that Sammy Chapman was involved in the betting scandal in 1964 where many footballers had prison sentences for placing bets on matches they were involved in.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to make sure we start spreading the load as Pedro will start to get rougher treatment and double marked.
I was always double marked when I was at school. One teacher would give me a very low mark and then another teacher would be given the job to reduce it further.
Mind you the teachers obviously liked me as virtually every day they would invite me to spend more time with them after school hours. :eek:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahh threads started in summer being bought back to life, love it. The early pages always give me a chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom