Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary Neville

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appointed Valencia manager. Good luck to him, a good manager in the making IMO. A big miss for sky sports though - was always impressed with his analysis

Last edited by a moderator:

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to how he does as he certainly talks a good game.

He's got a very good squad available to him at Valencia, bet Phil feels a bit miffed!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need to watch MNF anymore then, a real shame in that respect.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Unexpected to say the least, especially with Phil already being there.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Massive challenge for him, a very demanding fan base.

Needs to learn the language ASAP, apparently Phil is already fluent which is brilliant from him so he will be effectively running things in the short term I would imagine.

They had some stick over the years but the Salford documentary and various other aspects of their professional life show they are both determined, driven and ambitious. It's hard to not see them doing well as you know they will give it everything they've got and Gary in particular from Sky seems to know his onions.

D

Deleted member 4436

Interesting. Best of luck to him.

I mentioned Phil Neville would be very much a target of mine personally should KJ move on.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Interesting. Best of luck to him.

I mentioned Phil Neville would be very much a target of mine personally should KJ move on.
I would have loved either of them here in a managerial / coaching capacity. Think they will do well.

Wonder if he will carry on with England.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I know it is only until the end of the season but if he makes a good stab at it he will probably continue longer and will then be nailed on to replace Hodgson with Phil possibly his Number 2

F

FLEET WOLF

I know it is only until the end of the season but if he makes a good stab at it he will probably continue longer and will then be nailed on to replace Hodgson with Phil possibly his Number 2

Yes and I think I would be fairly happy with that.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. Didn't expect that. Good luck to him. He will be missed on Sky.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
For those who may be interested..

Outside football, Gary Neville is increasingly becoming a big player in the Manchester property market.

Apparently, when Man Utd were playing away, while the rest of the players were playing cards, reading a book or newspapers etc on the coach or plane, Gary would have his head buried in a property magazine..

Not content having played a leading role with Hotel Football, built next door to Old Trafford, he continues to have property aspirations and works closely with Manchester City Council, led by big City fan Sir Howard Bernstein. Always some footy banter between those two.. Neville has now become a valuable and sought after speaker, marketing the city and projects close to him, and has accompanied Marketing Manchester and MCC to the South of France for MIPIM, a major international property convention in Cannes. Neville has several important projects in the pipeline, one notibly worth 150 million at Jacksons Row, and all the work that will entail. On top of his Sky TV and England work, plus his other interests, he has now been made manager of Valencia. More work.. down in Spain. It is quite remarkable how he manages his time..

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...gary-neville-jacksons-row-manchester-10028941

At the MIPIM property festival last year he admitted he would now rather put on a suit and go to property meetings than pull on a pair of football shorts.

D

Deleted member 4436

Outside football, Gary Neville is increasingly becoming a big player in the Manchester property market.

Apparently, when Man Utd were playing away, while the rest of the players were playing cards, reading a book or newspapers etc on the coach or plane, Gary would have his head buried in a property magazine..

Not content having played a leading role with Hotel Football, built next door to Old Trafford, he continues to have property aspirations and works closely with Manchester City Council, led by big City fan Sir Howard Bernstein. Always some footy banter between those two.. Neville has now become a valuable and sought after speaker, marketing the city and projects close to him, and has accompanied Marketing Manchester and MCC to the South of France for MIPIM, a major international property convention in Cannes. Neville has several important projects in the pipeline, one notibly worth 150 million at Jacksons Row, and all the work that will entail. On top of his Sky TV and England work, plus his other interests, he has now been made manager of Valencia. More work.. down in Spain. It is quite remarkable how he manages his time..

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...gary-neville-jacksons-row-manchester-10028941

At the MIPIM property festival last year he admitted he would now rather put on a suit and go to property meetings than pull on a pair of football shorts.

He's a very impressive guy. Similarly I guess to many entrepreneurs, it becomes more of a project management exercise after you have developed the necessary team with any project.

Still, he's got an eye for it. Well connected in all senses and a jolly nice bloke to boot: http://www.theguardian.com/society/...-manchester-hotel-not-average-homeless-hostel

Good luck to him and Phil. You often hear about their exceptional work rate.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
He's a very impressive guy. Similarly I guess to many entrepreneurs, it becomes more of a project management exercise after you have developed the necessary team with any project.

Still, he's got an eye for it. Well connected in all senses and a jolly nice bloke to boot: http://www.theguardian.com/society/...-manchester-hotel-not-average-homeless-hostel

Good luck to him and Phil. You often hear about their exceptional work rate.

Thanks for the video link Nat. A great building and fascinating viewing.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to him for not taking over before the Barcelona game this weekend and dropping his brother in the $$$$!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him, hope he does well. Valencia can be demanding.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best of luck to him, i will miss not seeing him on MNF.
Valencia have a really good squad, considering they are mid table and on the brink of going out in champions league their season shouldnt get any worse so in that respect he doesnt have anything to lose, the only way is up

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive club to start managing at! Have a feeling it's going to be a disaster but wish him all the best with it.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Just needs to stay on his horse : ) - good luck to him - never heard him disrespect Wolves

I know, at the foot of his tomb in Burgos Cathederal it says 'The Wolves - my boyhood club'

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved him as a player and coach with England and loved him as TV pundit.
Good luck to him, would have preferred him to stay in England.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Valencia are owned by the same guy who has a 50% stake in Salford City so it's not all that surprising really.

I only found that out today - makes sense. I wondered why they'd appointed Phil Neville as a coach in the summer...

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Valencia are owned by the same guy who has a 50% stake in Salford City so it's not all that surprising really.

I only found that out today - makes sense. I wondered why they'd appointed Phil Neville as a coach in the summer...

Jobs for the boys.

I wonder if the Spaniards will bemoan an foreigner with nothing on his CV coming in and nabbing a top job?

S

singwolf_1

That's Peter Lim, Singaporean billionaire who made his money being a stockbroker... big Man U fan and owned the Red Devils Sports Bar franchise in this part of the world. Co-owns McLaren too, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to how he does as he certainly talks a good game.

He's got a very good squad available to him at Valencia, bet Phil feels a bit miffed!

I think Phil is too nice. Not like his hard faced bro. And it will Bro Gary who gets the flack if things go wrong.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was sat at the table next to me last night getting boozed up and eating crispy duck (in London). I congratulated him on the new gig and he let us have a photo with him. Top bloke.

Back
Top Bottom