Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary’s De-Presser

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I'm not against Gary at all and I can't see myself turning on him anytime soon for the record. What I will say, however, is that it feels as if I went to sleep one night and the mood around the club was great, and when I woke up everything was on fire!

GON himself seems to have changed the way he talks/goes about things lately. Can't put my finger on it yet but TBH I could see him walking as it stands. Or, more accurately, as it falls over and slowly dies on the side of the road.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does O'Neil need the money that much that he will allow himself to be walked all over? I'm not sure, which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk away with what's coming up.
He has a fair few years in the game, growing up as a Millwall supporter, and spending most of his playing career at Championship level, with some forays into the lower half of the Prem. He's only now starting to make some real money from his coaching gig, but he's not working (coaching) because he's bored and tired of spending his days taking money baths in his sauna. So I do not see him walking away on principle like Julen (who has had decades of big paychecks from coaching big clubs), but I also do not see him saying no to someone else who tempts him. just as Graham Potter was tempted by Chelsea. I'm sure this went into the calculus when WWFC decided to hire him, so to hear him today trying to swat back (weakly) at his current employer, I'm not sure he has the gravitas to cash the checque he's written ...

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not against Gary at all and I can't see myself turning on him anytime soon for the record. What I will say, however, is that it feels as if I went to sleep one night and the mood around the club was great, and when I woke up everything was on fire!

GON himself seems to have changed the way he talks/goes about things lately. Can't put my finger on it yet but TBH I could see him walking as it stands. Or, more accurately, as it falls over and slowly dies on the side of the road.
I think we all feel very strong feelings after a loss like today. We all love Wolves and we want to win and celebrate! But I remember after we signed Andy Gray and beat Arsenal, I was about 10, and I thought Wolves would win everything and it would get boring.....
It didn't work out like that! So as Wolves fans we have had brilliant times and terrible times and despite tonight we're still in quite good times! I'm really ****ed off tbh. But tomorrow, I'll look forward to the next game. Always Wolves ay we! Genuine club and Genuine fans. I hope your day at Molineux will be the first of many.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I think we all feel very strong feelings after a loss like today. We all love Wolves and we want to win and celebrate! But I remember after we signed Andy Gray and beat Arsenal, I was about 10, and I thought Wolves would win everything and it would get boring.....
It didn't work out like that! So as Wolves fans we have had brilliant times and terrible times and despite tonight we're still in quite good times! I'm really ****ed off tbh. But tomorrow, I'll look forward to the next game. Always Wolves ay we! Genuine club and Genuine fans. I hope your day at Molineux will be the first of many.
Absolutely agree with everything you've said there and yes I'm already looking at the Palace match for my next one.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JFC lol! His recent comments have been pretty eyebrow raising, albeit spot on. He sounds very frustrated understandably. After January he can’t feel completely confident he’ll be backed properly in the summer, and that we will add quality/depth he wants and is needed? I certainly don’t. We should have added at least a couple in the last window, and to be frank not doing so has helped derail a very promising season completely.

The strong likelihood IMV is we sell at least 2 first teamers in the summer, and I can’t see the owners reinvesting any more than half of the proceeds tbh? If an attractive offer comes in for GON at any point, I think we’d certainly struggle to hang on to him. This summer is huge and I am praying it doesn’t take anything like the shape of last years debacle.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff has said, in his typically vague way, that Wolves will be "more free financially" as a result of last Summer. Given we had a net spend of -£62m, I dread to think what his idea of being more free financially is. I suspect it will be net zero, backsliding into another negative net spend and more broken promises.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff has said, in his typically vague way, that Wolves will be "more free financially" as a result of last Summer. Given we had a net spend of -£62m, I dread to think what his idea of being more free financially is. I suspect it will be net zero, backsliding into another negative net spend and more broken promises.
After last night they can sell and do whatever they want. People are past caring. At least if we go down there is no VAR.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After last night they can sell and do whatever they want. People are past caring. At least if we go down there is no VAR.
Until they introduce it to the championship given the rewards for promotion are so high. Seriously can see some big clubs advocating it if they were to get some decisions that prevented their promotion push.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMV I just can’t see us spending anything over half of what we bring in. Prob one or two frees and 3/4 10-15 million signings, to replace 2/3 of our best players leaving. Season ticket prices increased and still nothing in the ground being painted.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until they introduce it to the championship given the rewards for promotion are so high. Seriously can see some big clubs advocating it if they were to get some decisions that prevented their promotion push.
Too much costs involved they would have to set up a new stockley park and employ double to VAR the entire championship

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too much costs involved they would have to set up a new stockley park and employ double to VAR the entire championship
Agreed. But if last night decisions were to go against Leeds or Leicester for example and it had a catastrophic impact on their promotion push, I could see them bemoaning the lack of VAR.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. But if last night decisions were to go against Leeds or Leicester for example and it had a catastrophic impact on their promotion push, I could see them bemoaning the lack of VAR.
Maybe, but who’s funding it? The FA have just refinanced half of Wembley.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'd be fascinated to know how much managers really know or understand about the finances of the club. I think Lopetegui just believed what Shi told him until the Summer arrived and he got told he couldn't spend. I think O'Neil probably was the same, he seemed to buy that Lopetegui was unreasonable, but he must have had his eyes opened a bit in January. He's done well, but he's also not going to get a bigger job than Wolves, so I'd hope they at least tell him the truth, it's not so much the lack of funds, but the lack of honesty I think would be hard to deal with.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Santi out definitely
Cunha and Hwang ok
Neto close but not ready yet

Toti slight doubt

So basically one “fully fit” cb……

Well done jeff!! Another shining example of how **** he has been in setting the squad up….. have only 4CB’s in the squad whn you play 3 at a time…..

Said in Jan before this we were looking worse with depth at the back than up top….. and we were lucky. Well the luck has seemingly run out

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So basically one “fully fit” cb……

Well done jeff!! Another shining example of how **** he has been in setting the squad up….. have only 4CB’s in the squad whn you play 3 at a time…..

Said in Jan before this we were looking worse with depth at the back than up top….. and we were lucky. Well the luck has seemingly run out
We went into the season intending to play a 4 with 3 CHs, then signed 1 and went to a 5. Given the suspension rules this season, and Dawson's age, it's a miracle we've got this far without a proper crisis.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Santi out definitely
Cunha and Hwang ok
Neto close but not ready yet

Toti slight doubt
Any slight doubt tends to translate into unavailability
Looks like Doc and Max as CB pair, or Alfie Pond if he’s remotely fit.

Only good thing is Rob Edwards might get to keep Luton up and Notts Forest can self-combust

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We went into the season intending to play a 4 with 3 CHs, then signed 1 and went to a 5. Given the suspension rules this season, and Dawson's age, it's a miracle we've got this far without a proper crisis.

But we were back to a 3cb formation before the Jan window.

Aug - Jan i accept we tried something so understandable we were short. Not ideal, but understandable as with the plan to play 2 CB’s 4 was enough.

But we changed long before Jan, 3 x cb’s was the trend.

Jan to current we needed to add a body or have kept Mosquera around as 4 to cover three was never enough! That was **** poor planning

Back
Top Bottom