Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary’s De-Presser

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Wonder what the players think. They obviously care and have worked themselves into the ground, only to be let down by a disfunctional club whose sole objective this season was minimising the damage inflicted by its hapless CEO.
I would imagine most, if not all, the players are very happy playing for us. Do you really believe they’re thinking they’re being let down by a ‘disfunctional club’?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It's not only JL. This is something that's gone on for a long time. Look at Nuno's last season for example....
wtf has that got to do with anything
You originally said JL was ridiculed for experimenting with kids he wasn’t. Then you edited it and took the kids bit out cos he didn’t play any.
There’s no denying that’s a far stronger team that he had than anything GoN can put out.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would imagine most, if not all, the players are very happy playing for us. Do you really believe they’re thinking they’re being let down by a ‘disfunctional club’?
If l was a player and thought that l was being run into the ground and put at unwarranted risk of serious injury l would not be happy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wtf has that got to do with anything
You originally said JL was ridiculed for experimenting with kids he wasn’t. Then you edited it and took the kids bit out cos he didn’t play any.
There’s no denying that’s a far stronger team that he had than anything GoN can put out.
I actually said that JL was criticised for experimenting. My comment about the kids likely to play tomorrow was because l would hate their confidence to be destroyed.

My editing was for clarity. You stick to your agenda though.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100%

It’s so disappointing that we’ve pressed self destruct on a potentially brilliant season but at least we can moan about it, as you say, from a position of safety.
Still a brilliant season and something solid to build on next season. Let's enjoy the upward trajectory.

Yes it would have been nice to get Europe and a FA cup semi final this season, however seeing more improvements and ending next season in the European places next year will be all the more sweet.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dunno if I'm going to bother going now... team news, plus it's late kickoff, on telly.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thank heavens these injuries didn’t happen a dozen matches ago or we would have been in deep, deep trouble.

The situation is embarrassing and Mr Shi has said how he sympathises with GON, who I will repeat for the umpteenth time has done a brilliant job.

Mr Shi, as a lifelong Wolves fan will you please ensure we keep this current squad and head coach together and add 3-4 new signings in the summer. Otherwise **** off!
Do we know Mr Shi is a lifelong Wolves fan? I think it improbable that Wolves were a popular choice in 1980's Shanghai?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is when the players need us more than ever . I’m going to support them and as Keegan once said I will love it if we beat them . Unlikely but that’s what being a supporter is all about .
I will be there tomorrow cheering the lads on.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we know Mr Shi is a lifelong Wolves fan? I think it improbable that Wolves were a popular choice in 1980's Shanghai?
It’s me who is the lifelong Wolves fan, obviously not Mr Shi. Maybe my wording was misleading.

If he supported my hometown team like I do (after 60+ years) and many others do, he would be aware of how the majority of us are all feeling atm, with lack of investment both on and off the pitch.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I need to bite my tongue because I’ve had a few drinks tonight, but this is a nasty, offensive thing to say imo.
I've had a few drinks too so will say nothing other than l'm not going to have a row but frankly it's a disgrace for a club in its sixth successive season in the PL to find itself in the mess that we appear to be.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
No Semedo (overload issue around calf) or Cunha (calf) tomorrow and limited input from Hwang.

Pablo has groin strain but ok... however unlikley to be able to play all 3 games this week. Mario is tired and the same issue.

Some debuts for the kids coming up
At least there’s been no 10-30pm injury bomb dropped…

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder what our senior professionals and best players think about the situation we are currently in with injuries and total lack of squad depth.

Players like The Pitbull, RAN, Neto, Cunha etc are young and have ambitions, but must be thinking if those ambitions are with Wolves.

The club needs to show those players they have ambitions to match their own and it has to start in the summer!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had a few drinks too so will say nothing other than l'm not going to have a row but frankly it's a disgrace for a club in its sixth successive season in the PL to find itself in the mess that we appear to be.

Would be interesting to know how many non Big 6 + Everton clubs have managed 7 consecutive seasons in the Premier League in the last 30 years. Not many, is my guess. And if are a disgrace, then what are Chelsea, Palace, Everton? How were Albion doing after their 6th consecutive season in this league? Or Leicester?

We are not competing against some mythical level, but other clubs. And as long as all that's ahead of us in the league is the filthy rich Sky 6, a couple of others having their 5 minutes of fame (Villa/Brighton) and a few others very arguably better run than us, then I think we are doing about as well as we are entitled.

If this is a mess, I'd rather take this mess than whatever is going on at the 81 league clubs beneath us. We may not be perfectly run, but we're well run enough to overtake a load of other clubs who were ahead of us for decades and stay ahead for those 6 seasons, after 30 years of mediocrity.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed…totally agree.

….”dysfunctional club”……….that’s nonsense. I hope we never experience that.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If l was a player and thought that l was being run into the ground and put at unwarranted risk of serious injury l would not be happy.
“Run into the ground”……..really? That’s, imo, a huge exaggeration.
They only play one game a week.

Risk of injury? Remember Boly was injured in training.

And a valid argument could be made that it would be easier on the younger players to play than some of the older injured players.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully they’re not that fragile if they are they are not cut out for top flight football
Exactly….if anything they’ll be over the moon. They’ve worked/trained hard for years to get these chances and most likely are chomping at the bit to play.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder what our senior professionals and best players think about the situation we are currently in with injuries and total lack of squad depth.

Players like The Pitbull, RAN, Neto, Cunha etc are young and have ambitions, but must be thinking if those ambitions are with Wolves.

The club needs to show those players they have ambitions to match their own and it has to start in the summer!

Re your last sentence.
There may be a silver lining with all these injuries.
Jeff, Hobbs and Gary will most likely to fix this in the summer window.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be interesting to know how many non Big 6 + Everton clubs have managed 7 consecutive seasons in the Premier League in the last 30 years. Not many, is my guess. And if are a disgrace, then what are Chelsea, Palace, Everton? How were Albion doing after their 6th consecutive season in this league? Or Leicester?

We are not competing against some mythical level, but other clubs. And as long as all that's ahead of us in the league is the filthy rich Sky 6, a couple of others having their 5 minutes of fame (Villa/Brighton) and a few others very arguably better run than us, then I think we are doing about as well as we are entitled.

If this is a mess, I'd rather take this mess than whatever is going on at the 81 league clubs beneath us. We may not be perfectly run, but we're well run enough to overtake a load of other clubs who were ahead of us for decades and stay ahead for those 6 seasons, after 30 years of mediocrity.
Bang on.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Superbly said

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Run into the ground”……..really? That’s, imo, a huge exaggeration.
They only play one game a week.

Risk of injury? Remember Boly was injured in training.

And a valid argument could be made that it would be easier on the younger players to play than some of the older injured players.

Do you have any idea on how physically demanding a proffesional/elite sport season is? They have been run into the ground.

Ignore elite sport, even semi pro can see you physically run into the ground over the course of a season.

From pre-season, 38 games in the league, fa cup, potentially internationals and then internationals theN onto that they have to train. That is a significant strain on the muscles and the heart.

Their bodies get a great deal of punishment, strain and fatigue over a season.

Also if they weren’t being run into the ground, why do we have so many overload and over use injuries this season?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who will people blame without Semedo playing is what I want to know
Sa, Kilman, either of the Buenos, Doc, Lemina, Gomes..... normally (with a relatively small number of exceptions) the player who makes a mistake that leads to conceding a goal tends to get the blame for conceding the goal, funnily enough.

The 'scapegoat' theory is massively overplayed IMO - Semedo did come into perhaps more stick than was warranted, but it's more down to O'Neil tweaking the system and his individual responsibilities to mitigate his weaknesses and play to his strengths. You get some idiots who have made their mind up already but I don't think it's half as prevalent as is made out

GON is not entirely innocent, though. How many games did the two Buenos - both decent substitutes - spend sitting on the bench for us, while RAN and Dawson cream crackered themselves on the pitch?

How many games did Tommy Doyle and Boubacar do the same while SuperMario and Pitbull walked off at the end completely drained of energy?

Yes, there are weaknesses in the squad - cover at RWB and underrepresented up front, as we all know - and, yes, Fosun (not just Shi, who probably just dances to the Fosun tune) bears much of the blame, but GON could have IMV spread the workload around to a much greater extent.

I take the point that the bench players named above are arguably not automatic starters for us, and might never be, but there's talent there that could have been used to a greater extent, which in turn might have resulted in longer injury-free periods for some of our starters.

Only my opinion, probably well in the minority here.
I agree with you to some degree, but Santi Bueno showed he wasn't ready against Ipswich and is still getting to grips with English football, and Hugo Bueno showed why he hasn't been trusted against Coventry (despite his excellent finish).

The counter argument to that is that we've lost IIRC 10 points from winning positions late on in games, and O'Neil certainly mid-season was very reluctant to make substitutions. Also that Santi Bueno was only going to become more ready with exposure and that would have been better served alongside Dawson.

I sympathise with O'Neil because when you're in winning positions and already over-achieving AND on a run of good form, I'd also be loathe to disrupting that even if it did mean the squad being depleted later in the season. Momentum is a powerful thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom