Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary’s De-Presser

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to see how the pro-FOSUN types manage to defend our tiny squad literally being run into the ground. Disgraceful neglect.
Firstly, Fosun is not an acronym. Secondly, yes our tiny squad is due to a poor recruitment policy that Jeff presumably rubber stamped.

The same Jeff that rubber stamped the decisions that led to our ascension from mid table championship club to mid table premier league club. That would be his "fault" too.

I'm all for heads rolling on account of poor decisions. I also believe good decisions should be remembered when considering rolling a head.

Hopefully the non spend this last year enable us to reset. Hopefully lessons have been learned as to why a reset has been necessary. It has been necessary.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's either showing a good sense of humour or he's taking a big side-swipe at Fosun/the board
I’m seeing is as a swipe. Passive aggressive but definitely a swipe. He said after Fulham away how bad decisions are making him look like he’s doing a worse job than he is so I don’t reckon he’s seeing this as a joking matter. And rightly so.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jaysus that’s horrendous. Well, I was looking forward to watching it immediately after work, rather than having to sneak glances at a 3pm kick off. Put paid to that then.

loppers86

Reaction score
i have two tickets and i’m not going to go. i’ll look at the result and if we don’t get totally hammered i’ll watch on motd.

shi now has us in the position that I wouldn’t watch it if it was free.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON has had opportunities to rotate certain positions almost all season but by and large hasn’t really wanted to do that. Bueno and Doc have been around all season for Semedo and RAN support. Sasa and Fabio got frozen out and shipped out. Santi has been around all season to give Dawson breaks when needed. We’ve also got players out on loan who maybe should have been kept and won over by GON to stay and be part of the squad - this one is hindsight and wishful thinking, admittedly.

The amount of injuries in this period has genuinely been unlucky but I’m not fully on board with GON bemoaning the squad structure and depth when he refused to use it when we actually had depth, regardless whether he rated the players highly or not.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
With Ricihe Sunak's attack on the sick note culture this morning whilst at the same time having a pop at unacceptable immigration levels, I fear in the summer Cunha, Hwang and Neto will all have to leave and next season DWP will be making us sign people currently on PIP to ease our striker crisis

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what's normal in this situation, but look at the tickets available for the game tomorrow on the site.

There's absolutely loads available in all four stands from re-sale.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON has had opportunities to rotate certain positions almost all season but by and large hasn’t really wanted to do that. Bueno and Doc have been around all season for Semedo and RAN support. Sasa and Fabio got frozen out and shipped out. Santi has been around all season to give Dawson breaks when needed. We’ve also got players out on loan who maybe should have been kept and won over by GON to stay and be part of the squad - this one is hindsight and wishful thinking, admittedly.

The amount of injuries in this period has genuinely been unlucky but I’m not fully on board with GON bemoaning the squad structure and depth when he refused to use it when we actually had depth, regardless whether he rated the players highly or not.
Good post
Im not saying Fosun get off scot free with this but GON has to take part of the blame too
Plenty of chances to rest players or bring them off earlier,he has admitted as much himself
Very unlucky with injuries the past few months it has to be said,but some were avoidable or at least could have been lessened by better game management
It is what it is and there are more winnable games to come,lets just hope Fosun back GON in the summer or its going to be a long old season next time round

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what's normal in this situation, but look at the tickets available for the game tomorrow on the site.

There's absolutely loads available in all four stands from re-sale.

Can understand why. No players left, no attack left. No chance against Arsenal tomorrow. Thanks for the small squad Fosun and Jeff. January was a disaster of a month for us transfer wise when you look back at it and most of warned what might happen with the squad being far too weak and guess what.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good post
Im not saying Fosun get off scot free with this but GON has to take part of the blame too
Plenty of chances to rest players or bring them off earlier,he has admitted as much himself
Very unlucky with injuries the past few months it has to be said,but some were avoidable or at least could have been lessened by better game management
It is what it is and there are more winnable games to come,lets just hope Fosun back GON in the summer or its going to be a long old season next time round
Agree 100%. He needed backing regardless of what he did or didn’t do with the players at his disposal, we all agree on that, but he can’t moan about it when he had players to use but hardly did. I know it’s a huge drop down when you bring our first choice forward line off but sadly that’s where we are as a club; we don’t have top class players on the bench. As with everything the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle but, I dunno, I’ve always preferred the approach of making do with what’s at your disposal and then improving when possible.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Along with most others I'm horrified at the current state of affairs and understand fully GON's dark humour iro a missed Science lesson. But, as a club we came perilously close to exceeding the limits of PSR so where we could have spent £m's recruiting additional players is difficult to understand. We have made some serious blunders in the recent past but that is water under the bridge, and it's no good repeatedly revisiting the scenes of the crimes. The worry for me is that the summer will not witness a spending spree other than funds from sales, and if we don't have fully fit players to sell there won't be much comfort to be found there!

loppers86

Reaction score
How can a club that has spent the last 6 years competing in the richest league in the world end up with a squad weaker than Sheff Utd’s. Total incompetence from Jeff and co.
that team tomorrow would almost certainly struggle against any National League side.

Incompetence is not the word to describe Shi - gross negligence is better but even that doesn’t quite do his performance justice.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But it was the use of those “main players” that got us to an (outside) sniff of a European place and an FA Cup 1/4 final.
There would have been an outcry if RAN, Semedo, Lemina, Gomes, or Cunha been rested (when otherwise fit) and Hugo, Doc, Traore, Doyle or Fraser played instead.
There were plenty of posts about “best team available” for the FA Cup for eg. Thats what GON has done, and we suffering for it now but in reality he had no choice and plenty would have moaned if had rotated.

stevev53

Reaction score
This thread should be renamed Gary's Depresser
I have just watched the press conference in full and I am very impressed with everything GON says about the team and the situation facing the team over the last 6 games . There are a lot of guys on here who should take a good look at themselves and be ashamed of their constant winging every time we have a set back . I will be there tomorrow and Wednesday and next Saturday to do what Gary has asked for which is to cheer on the players .

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can a club that has spent the last 6 years competing in the richest league in the world end up with a squad weaker than Sheff Utd’s. Total incompetence from Jeff and co.
The fees paid out for Silva, Guedes, Cutrone, etc etc, along with the failure to cash in on Adama at the right time and so on.
A shorter answer would have been, “ Jeff Shi”!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But it was the use of those “main players” that got us to an (outside) sniff of a European place and an FA Cup 1/4 final.
There would have been an outcry if RAN, Semedo, Lemina, Gomes, or Cunha been rested (when otherwise fit) and Hugo, Doc, Traore, Doyle or Fraser played instead.
There were plenty of posts about “best team available” for the FA Cup for eg. Thats what GON has done, and we suffering for it now but in reality he had no choice and plenty would have moaned if had rotated.
It was, I agree, but I’m talking about during the game with all the red zone stuff and not even considering two senior forwards we had at our disposal for the first half of the season but largely ignored, neither were his type of player but both were 100% waaaaaaay better options than the kids we’ve played since.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will see if I have still got my old football boots, I might get a game tomorrow… :)

I can see the headlines now. Arsenal outgunned by young Frank Lincoln… !! :)
I’ll play wide left, Frank, and get the ball into the box as quick as I can for you to glide past Gabriel and Saliba. Pick your spot and give Raya no chance.

Just like the old days when I played in the Wolverhampton Sunday League and you were playing in the er, er, er League!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The worst thing about this complete farce is experience tells us that its very possible that not a great deal will change next season.
We all expect several big names to leave and it's highly likely that only a fraction of the incoming money will be reinvested as Fosun have abandoned any idea of progression. The tiny squad idea is from the top and GON will have to like it or leave.

Back
Top Bottom