Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary’s De-Presser

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I rarely watch the whole of press conferences as I start to lose interest along the way. But today I watched the whole 20 minutes engrossed by GON. I still feel so terrible that I doubted this guy and said bad things about him in August based on nothing at all apart from that ****ing Bournemouth idiot with Dazzling Dave. His replies are always considered and thoughtful and you realise just by listening to him his knowledge of the game is 100%. I urge all on here to give the PC a listen as he certainly has a way of inspiring confidence which must be amazing for the players.
Sounds amazing... GON is building something. Where can I watch it, on the club's YouTube?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, have I missed something?! Is Hugo Bueno unfit?

We really are down to the bare bones. Unfair on Gary and the players, Fosun take note!
I guess looking at the numbers he is not yet considered a senior player.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s fair for GON to have a little moan about squad depth.
However I don’t like him discounting H Bueno when he does his calculations of available senior players.
Discount : Gonzales, Fraser, Chiwome, mini lemina .
But I think H. Bueno should be considered a genuine senior player now.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers. That's pretty good I guess, with my Wolves hat (the only one I have) on I want to say sod the Copa America, but I guess if you're keeping the player sweet then you have to understand that. To be honest I'd be very excited, but we all (including O'Neil) have the shadow of Neto cast across us.
Tell you what though, wouldn’t it be nice to actually care enough to want to watch the Copa America, with AT LEAST one Wolves player likely to start…for Brazil.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
I rarely watch the whole of press conferences as I start to lose interest along the way. But today I watched the whole 20 minutes engrossed by GON. I still feel so terrible that I doubted this guy and said bad things about him in August based on nothing at all apart from that ****ing Bournemouth idiot with Dazzling Dave. His replies are always considered and thoughtful and you realise just by listening to him his knowledge of the game is 100%. I urge all on here to give the PC a listen as he certainly has a way of inspiring confidence which must be amazing for the players.
No problem there were quite a few that doubted GON so you weren’t alone. I think it just shows that all managers deserve a chance to show they can do the job and by giving GON some time he has proven that.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really enjoy GON’s press conferences obviously loves his job and has great ability to articulate whatever the situation is in a very positive way, we all complain about the small number of players we have but as he points out the challenge can be a large squad of average players or more money invested in a small number of exceptional players, which is fine until they get injured. Without doubt there are conversations being had about next season, hopefully this summer we build on the foundation that both GON and the club have built.

Rowzed

Reaction score
What do the tea leaf readers make of today?
Will Dawson start the game, will HeeChan finish it ?

Or is this just Gary being Gary and neither willl be anywhere near the bench ?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
What do the tea leaf readers make of today?
Will Dawson start the game, will HeeChan finish it ?

Or is this just Gary being Gary and neither willl be anywhere near the bench ?
I think GON likes to muddy the waters for the opposition. Hwang probably won't be in the squad. I reckon bench at best for Dawson. Probably bench for Cunha too, but a possibility of him starting.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't it keen the one saying that Lopetegui was staying or happy and then he left a week or two later .

Just saying as personally if all was happy behind the scenes this wouldn't even be a story and GON wouldn't make the comments he has .

But that's just my view on it .

I suppose if we in the various jobs we all do are told things by management or the board and they kept changing wouldn't most of us be looking at other jobs or opportunities. Just saying as I see .

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Such an obvious 'come get me' plea to West Ham. It's over and he's taking the iPad with him.

"So there’s no doubt in my mind that I’m desperate to finish this season strongly desperate to have a really good summer with Matt Hobbs and the recruitment guys and try to get some things in place that will help us within the guidelines that the club give us.

“And then I’ll look forward to having my first ever pre-season with a group.
"

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised to see O'Neil backtracking and it's probably the right thing to do.

He made his point strongly, but it shouldn't overshadow what he's done - and it won't.

He doesn't have the reputation of Lopetegui, so he can't follow through with any threat (if it's perceived that way). Wolves helped him as much as he helped us by taking the job, and he's not done enough to warrant a step up just yet.

Equally so, the excellent job he has done means he can't allow himself to be walked all over, and his comments on Tuesday gave us an insight into how he felt about it all.

Now it's put to bed and we'll see what the summer brings when it can be properly judged.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything is in pace to have a really good summer window and a strong 24/25 season.
For me summer will be a big indicator on what Fosun want to achieve with this club in the next 5 years. On the simmer plate or turning up the heat a bit.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It appears Madeley was instructed to spread the word. Same quotes.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do sense a slight shift in the sands - from being over the moon at being given the opportunity at Wolves to perhaps realising that things aren't straightforward here as a manager (hands tied with a tiny squad) - in terms of direction and investment - same as others before him discovered - and perhaps realising that he might need to leave sooner than he initially thought to reach his own potential... As usual, it's over to Jeff and the owners - hopefully they'll give GON what he (and the squad) needs in the summer - you never know, stranger things have happened...

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such an obvious 'come get me' plea to West Ham. It's over and he's taking the iPad with him.

"So there’s no doubt in my mind that I’m desperate to finish this season strongly desperate to have a really good summer with Matt Hobbs and the recruitment guys and try to get some things in place that will help us within the guidelines that the club give us.

“And then I’ll look forward to having my first ever pre-season with a group.
"
Am I misreading your first paragraph?

There is nothing in the comments that makes me think GON has made a ‘come and get me’ plea to West Ham at all imo.

Gary obviously gets on really well with Matt Hobbs, who gave him the job and it’s obvious he will get help in the summer.

It will also be his first ever pre-season with a group, having been so harshly dismissed by Bournemouth. That is a very big plus, although the European Championship might be disruptive.

Things could change, I know, but I very much doubt it. We have a very good manager/head coach, who is very appreciative of the position he has been given.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised to see O'Neil backtracking and it's probably the right thing to do.

He made his point strongly, but it shouldn't overshadow what he's done - and it won't.

He doesn't have the reputation of Lopetegui, so he can't follow through with any threat (if it's perceived that way). Wolves helped him as much as he helped us by taking the job, and he's not done enough to warrant a step up just yet.

Equally so, the excellent job he has done means he can't allow himself to be walked all over, and his comments on Tuesday gave us an insight into how he felt about it all.

Now it's put to bed and we'll see what the summer brings when it can be properly judged.
“Backtracking “?………….really? Is that the way you genuinely interpret his comments of today or are you the one backtracking ?

I take him at his word.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything is in pace to have a really good summer window and a strong 24/25 season.
For me summer will be a big indicator on what Fosun want to achieve with this club in the next 5 years. On the simmer plate or turning up the heat a bit.
Maybe simmer, unfortunately.
They’ve seen the massive money that Chelsea and United have spent and it still gets them nowhere.

I hope that Fosun don’t think that it’s futile to reach for the brass ring.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think his comments have been taken way out of proportion, mainly by the local journalists. Between the end of the Burnley game, Gary has said absolutely nothing that hasn’t already been said.
I do think that the context of what happened last summer helps to explain that at least in part. Particularly given that both Nuno and Lage asked for strengthening before they went too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was being sarcastic, soz. That said, he does say he's looking forward to his first season with the group, but he doesn't say what group. Hmmmm! ;)
That's how l'd read it. Emojis (if they work for you - they don't for me) are your friends, lol.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

It appears Madeley was instructed to spread the word. Same quotes.
I expect he was at the same press conference

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe simmer, unfortunately.
They’ve seen the massive money that Chelsea and United have spent and it still gets them nowhere.

I hope that Fosun don’t think that it’s futile to reach for the brass ring.
Chelsea and United are prime examples of how not to spend money and should be embarrassed and ashamed.
Off the top of my head I can’t think of one player they spent £multi, multi millions on who has impressed this season.
Fernandez, Caicedo, Mudryk, Disasi, Badiashile are examples at Chelsea. Mount, Casemiro, Antony, Martinez,Onana are examples at United.
We brought in Dawson, Sarabia, Gomes and Lemina for peanuts compared to those 2 clubs and they have been great for us.
Just saying.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Gaza and his press conferences, for some managers this is the hardest part of the job, he is a such a good communicator and always recognises the endeavours of his players, when you consider the pressure and expectations placed on premier league managers he comes across as someone very comfortable in his role, you would think he has been managing for years, I remember even the great Nuno hated the press conferences.
I would add that the bar was low this season, will be interesting to see how he handles the situation when or if we have a very poor run.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he will walk out, but if a West Ham were to come in, he'd be off.

I don't think we will have longevity of managers under Fosun anymore - anybody worth their salt is going to get frustrated very quickly.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Backtracking “?………….really? Is that the way you genuinely interpret his comments of today or are you the one backtracking ?

I take him at his word.
Problem is, Gary is sending out mixed messages at the moment. On the one hand, he says he doesn't want what he said post-Burnley to be taken as a criticism of the board. Then, in the same conference he says this: "We tried, we worked hard on it, and in the end financially we couldn't get anything done that we felt would help us. It's something that I think it's important we learn from for next season."

Which my lying eyes tell me, is a criticism of the financial mistakes that have been made, hence the need to learn from them. It's no wonder some Wolves fans are worried.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he will walk out, but if a West Ham were to come in, he'd be off.

I don't think we will have longevity of managers under Fosun anymore - anybody worth their salt is going to get frustrated very quickly.
Would he?

Equally frustrating owners and hugely impatient fans.

He’s got it very, very good here. He’ll already know what we can’t and can’t do in the summer.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would he?

Equally frustrating owners and hugely impatient fans.

He’s got it very, very good here. He’ll already know what we can’t and can’t do in the summer.
West Ham squad is better than ours player for player and he'd get financial backing and maybe a European challenge.

He also still lives in London.

He's as West Ham a manager as could ever be.

Back
Top Bottom