Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham verdict

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Just been on the Fulham forum, what a delusional bunch they are!
So glad we won. Thought their cheering and waving when Neto got injured, considering Raul’s history, lacked class. But you know, this is a club who erected a statue and the most appropriate person they could think of was alleged fiddler Jacko. Meh.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic result and a pretty heroic second half performance given the circumstances.

Shouldn’t have been risking Neto in this game and him pulling up along with the Bellegarde injury means we really are at breaking point. Just have to get through next week and regroup during the international break.

Some really good individual performances. Semedo excellent (again), Kilman very good, Lemina and Gomes getting through a ridiculous amount of work. MoM by a fair distance though was RAN. Have been saying it for 2 plus years though but he is headed straight for the top. Just a ridiculous talent.

Sa 7
Semedo 8
Bueno 7
Kilman 8
RAN 9
Lemina 8
Gomes 8
Sarabia 7
Bellegarde N/A
Neto 5
Fraser 7

Doyle 7
Toti 7
Doherty N/A

As I say, this squad and Manager have been nothing short of heroic this season. Just have to hope their efforts aren’t undermined by injuries and not having enough depth in the squad in forward positions.
Absolutely
But Doyle also 8
Tbe lad is class
And Gomes 9

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant result today. Lemina is a monster of a player.

I reckon we're about 5 injuries away from ****ing this league!

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in the NBU as l am every home game after a 150 mile trip. The only two people l saw leave early are two 70+ year olds who are bad on their feet for health reasons. Thanks for your superfan views though, much appreciated, PMSL.

Tbf mate the North Bank lower tier is always half empty at 90 mins

But let’s not dwell on that negativity after todays performance

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Hobbsy skills selling Collins for £23m and signing this guy for £9m
He's absolute class is Santiago.

He's come in and out of the team, not seemed to complain, and played with more and more assurance. It's not easy coming into a settled defence - most managers would rather get a player through a difficult period of form than to change it. Santiago's come in and each time the glove's fitted better and better.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's absolute class is Santiago.

He's come in and out of the team, not seemed to complain, and played with more and more assurance. It's not easy coming into a settled defence - most managers would rather get a player through a difficult period of form than to change it. Santiago's come in and each time the glove's fitted better and better.
I loved him showing a bit of the South American darkarts today too. The Fulham forward who tried to rough him up ended up in a heap after the next challenge lol....

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
I loved him showing a bit of the South American darkarts today too. The Fulham forward who tried to rough him up ended up in a heap after the next challenge lol....
He reminds me with his calm stature of Alan Hansen. But he does have the look of a man who will not hesitate to use the Uraguayan dark arts, should those, sadly, become necessary :)

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did my ears hear correctly that the Tarquins were singing “we pay your benefits”?
Yeah, I mean come on, we all know Fulham fans have their trust funds in the Cayman Islands.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glimpse of the future today. Santiago and Kilman have the makings of an excellent CB pairing.

And Ait Nouri has the making of a floating, attacking, roaming playmaker/goalscorer. What a player.

I definitely think RAN will be wasted at left back particularly in a four. Defensively he can do it but its a waste of his ability. I watched him play for Algeria as a LB and it was so boring no wonder he clearly loves GO'N he gets a lot of trust and license to show what he can do. Other managers haven't quite accepted him for the player he is in the same way so explains why we are getting these performances now.

Lee Naylor on the post match podcast on the official site basically said no way RAN is a left back lol. He's always been weirdly harsh on him though.. forgot Naylor was the world's best left back with how he talks about RAN. But he was very complimentary otherwise tbf. :D

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A brilliant result. Every player was committed and fantastic today. Next week is absolutely massive make no mistake.

Just a quick word on the North Bank. That word is pathetic. Hope you all beat the traffic and got home in time for tea.
Sorry but it's that sort of tiresome comment that's pathetic.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A team fit to wear the Old Gold and Black and a team that give their all for our famous colours. A team that play for the club and the city. A team we can rightfully be proud of!!!
I think you need to get a banner made with this on

Rowzed

Reaction score
Well loads of people saying it was a good job we went to a back 3 at half-time. Maybe it's just me, but I thought we were more of a back 4 after half time than before.
Not just you, me too. I liked the back 4 with Santi and I th8nk we will see it next week. Unless he decides he needs Dawson to manage Simms.

RAN as part of a back 5? could have fooled me second half, he was everywhere but !
Bueno and Kilman played as a pair with Semedo and RAN, then Semedo and Toti,
Closest we got to a back 5 was when Doc came on for Nathan

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great performance and win. Huge spirit and some real warriors.
I have a feeling that bellegarde going off was a blessing in disguise, nothing against him, but it changed our approach. We were understandably lost end of 2nd half but Gary and the lads had ht to then get the shape sorted.
Incredible performance from RAN, 9 out of 10 for me. He was everywhere.
As was Lamina. Gomes, Kilman, fraser and semedo were very good also. Fraser better hold up play then Hwang...yes.
And I enjoyed seeing Bueno get tired and show his Uruguay internationalness by holding and shoving his way to full time.

Rode our luck but great win, we have to accept with GON that his swashbuckling approach is going to win and lose, but should be great fun

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love those back to wall performances gets the atmosphere going . There was definitely some needle left from that first game at Craven Cottage.
I just felt things turned when Toti came on and we went back to our normal formation.
Lemina was my MOM all over the pitch. Ait Nouri was his mercurial best. Fraser let no one down gave it his all.

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Well loads of people saying it was a good job we went to a back 3 at half-time. Maybe it's just me, but I thought we were more of a back 4 after half time than before.
I thought GON was true to his starting system until Fraser went off. Then tweaked it again with Doc. Just moved players into different positions. Lemina is now our left wing or false nine first choice

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I thought GON was true to his starting system until Fraser went off. Then tweaked it again with Doc. Just moved players into different positions. Lemina is now our left wing or false nine first choice
Yes, I'd say
4231 all the first half, just Lemina moving.
4411 second half until Fraser went off.
541 late on maybe Sarabia up top, Lemina trying to play everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom