Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham verdict

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% effort and determination dragged us over the line today

The 3 points in the bag. On track to smash the 50pts barrier which will be even more impressive with a trip or two to Wembley

Wet spam
Gunners
Cherries
Mad hatters
Palace

All left to play at Molineux. Have to say minimum of 7 points

Lemina, Toti, Ait-Nouri & Gomes was outstanding. Can’t fault them. Such good vibe in the camp. Winning ugly like that means more. Officially safe with the 41pts.

Well done Gary, Shaun and the lads everyone can be proud of the efforts this season. Beach towels away till May!! Thank you please

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON deserves huge credit for that. Firstly, for adapting to the personnel we had available and changing the system. Secondly, for sticking with it after a few key injuries.

5 atb and Bellegarde as CF and I don't think we score 2 goals in a game like that, we certainly don't win.

Tactics were spot on today. Huge 3pts which I don't think many people expected with our injuries and Fulham's form. Superb.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant second half after a disappointing first for all sorts of reasons. Everyone played their part, but Lemina was outstanding with Joao not far behind. When Sa went down late in the game, I half expected Lemina to go in goal as he'd already covered all the outfield players' positions. So proud of the way the squad rose from the disappointment of more injuries disrupting our small squad!

Last edited:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the adversity we suffered in the first half, it really was a heroic second half performance. The character on show was commendable, as was the home support driving them on. Rayan Ait-Nouri was absolutely superb (MOTM), as was Lemina. Sadly, the injuries are starting to mount now as predicted with this small squad. They are having too much asked of them physically and it's starting to show. Presumptively losing Neto for Coventry is a blow.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second half was a really victory for team spirit and the willingness to fight for the result. Lemina was outstanding.. he was also almost the only player who was having a decent game first half.

Not sure was that starting plan was by GON. We looked completely disjointed and open to conceding in any moment. Toti coming on for Neto was a blessing in disguise for today, but obviously long-term it's another blow.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Fantastic result and a pretty heroic second half performance given the circumstances.

Shouldn’t have been risking Neto in this game and him pulling up along with the Bellegarde injury means we really are at breaking point. Just have to get through next week and regroup during the international break.

Some really good individual performances. Semedo excellent (again), Kilman very good, Lemina and Gomes getting through a ridiculous amount of work. MoM by a fair distance though was RAN. Have been saying it for 2 plus years though but he is headed straight for the top. Just a ridiculous talent.

Sa 7
Semedo 8
Bueno 7
Kilman 8
RAN 9
Lemina 8
Gomes 8
Sarabia 7
Bellegarde N/A
Neto 5
Fraser 7

Doyle 7
Toti 7
Doherty N/A

As I say, this squad and Manager have been nothing short of heroic this season. Just have to hope their efforts aren’t undermined by injuries and not having enough depth in the squad in forward positions.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another win :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

However, we were lucky that they didn’t get a couple before the half. and a couple after.
Especially in the first half, Dawson’s absence was obvious.

But Gary has instilled grit and a never-give-up work ethic…….the harder we work the luckier we get.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another win :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

However, we were lucky that they didn’t get a couple before the half. and a couple after.
Especially in the first half, Dawson’s absence was obvious.

But Gary has instilled grit and a never-give-up work ethic…….the harder we work the luckier we get.
We'd always need some luck today, they were in excellent form and we had some big players missing.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result. Rode our luck first half with Fulham fluffing their lines in front of goal. Great work rate and belief second half. Great cut back from Toti and lovely finish from Ait Nouri. Got a little bit of luck with the second Semedo shot going wide deflected in, so will go down as an own goal. Some good saves from Sa too, pity the late goal meant we didn’t get the clean sheet.Hope Neto injury isn’t to bad, but let’s not rush him back too early. Ait Nouri MoM for me, just pipping Lemina. Thought Fraser did OK put himself about played others in when he got the ball and looked to get in the box, we probably need to change the way we play a bit to get better service to him

Arthur

Reaction score
Just got home how serious are neto and bellegarde's injuries ?

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
A superb win. Every time I feel like we're out on our feet and our season will fizzle out, Gary finds a way.

Spirit is great on and off the pitch.

Can't fault anyone today - Neto looked hesitant even before his injury, and it didn't come off very often for Sarabia - but special mentions to Sa for some stunning saves, Tommy Doyle for coming in and bossing it, and of course Gomes and Lemina. Doherty continues to be a sensible sub option too.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me that thinks he may manage better with lower expectations on him?

Not sure, he seems too intelligent, adaptable and driven.

Not just someone who's found a good stable formula at a lower table club.

He's been handed such a **** show this season and the consistency has been outstanding.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think any previous Wolves team would have come out and played like that 2nd half. I fully expected us to protect the 0-0, but no, this team and GON won't do that, even if it means attacking with a LB, CM and a (barely) 19yo up front. Outstanding mentality.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Game seems like it was a scrap from what I've read on here, if that is the case, then matches like this are always hard to win. Got to praise the lads for coming away with a result today.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the options available and injuries during the game we had absolutely no right to win that game.

Fraser ran himself into the ground and played a part in the goal, but he doesn't yet have the pace for the prem - but worked very hard and showed some nice touches.

Lemina, Gomes, and RAN were outstanding. Killman and Bueno also played well.

But full credit goes to GON. He got into them at half time, but also reorganised the tactics to cope with the new situation. I think we may well have stumbled on a very good young coach here you know

Well done lads, fantastic effort.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good things just seem to happen for you when you have a strong team spirit.

First-half could.have been a disaster, but the team got in goalless. Second half was really good stuff.

Special shoutout for the double windmill move Fraser did out of sheer joy celebrating the second. Such innocent excitement.

Back
Top Bottom