Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham verdict

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
I was at Alvechurch today. That verdict is boy, do they miss Ian Long as manager.

Just looking at the comments during the second half, and Pat Murphy's effusive words on Wolves' performance, managers are really important.

Yes, head coach, but blimey, Gary's has had to manage all sorts of situations this season, and in his coaching career so far. So for this evening at least, he's a manager!!

I really wish he hadn't started Neto but that's gone now and I've had my moan.

What a superb, fast-developing and decent manager we have.

I don't doubt that whatever 22 hamstrings start next week, enormous effort and a plan will pour forth from Gary's management.

And let's get Long back at the Church!

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
What character and belief this team has. Brilliant. And that is all down to coaching. GON you have performed bloody miracles with this small squad.

41 points puts us level with last season’s total haul. With 10 games left, could we go on and beat our best ever 59? I wouldn’t put it past this group. Believe.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
The players are fantastic, but GON is special. We must keep hold of him, I think he's the brightest young English manager in a while. He can go on to have great success at this club. I really believe it. He's got the spirit, the attitude and it seems he has the coaching know-how as well. We've found a gem here.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Great result! With the injuries we’ve had up to today and then up to half time with extra ones… I was hoping for a 0-0!

What an Amazing team, with such great team spirit to get us a 2-1 win! Massive credit to GON and his staff.

Injuries are a show for how we play unfortunately, the quick pace attacks with do the quick attackers in due course and unfortunately it’s happening… after Cov there’s an international break that can’t come sooner!

Keep it up Wolves! What an amazing season thus far!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love this group of players. I just hope there are enough breaks and we have enough time between games just to get over the line as best we can.

In terms of the game, first half we were disjointed and the injuries didn’t help but the second half we were fantastic. Lemina and Toti were fantastic second half but RAN was unbelievable all game. The lad is world class and I honestly don’t think there’s a better left back in the league right now.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive credit to him for improving his fitness. He’s still balling in the 90th minute whereas last year he was knackered after 60

Credit to Gary and the staff for also getting him to that level, they obviously identified his fitness levels straight away. Been great since they came in.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Fulham fans are so salty over on Twitter. It's glorious.
Good. I don't want to be a club that people like. I hate the "oh yeah Wolves good club" response. I want to be a club that people hate because we always win and that's what everyone should want. Let them be salty. Better side won today. I am very, very hyped LOL.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Lemina - 10. Unbelievable performance.

Battling performance considering the circumstances. Really enjoyed that win. Felt quite comfortable after 2 up.

Massive game next week. Gary will get us through no matter who is available.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive credit to him for improving his fitness. He’s still balling in the 90th minute whereas last year he was knackered after 60

He looks happier too? always smiling. Last season he genuinely looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch at times.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a really good second 45 to get 3 really handy points on the board, which sees us match last season’s points total with 10 games to go.

This squad has buckets of belief and sheer depth; not least through Lemina who delivered another majestic performance in the middle and Ait-Nouri who is fun in attack.

Bring on next Saturday, for what could be another historic afternoon!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what the contract length for RAN is but please Wolves extend it and pay him handsomely. Superb player!
Two years left. Desperately needs a new deal sorting in the summer, hopefully Mendes isn't advising him against that. Lemina is also out of contract in 2025. Those two would be top priority for me.

Semedo and Sarabia also up in 2025 but Sarabia will be 33 and Semedo 32.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN, Gomes and Cunha are the untouchables for me come the Summer.
Imo if Hobbs is to be believed and we need to raise funds one of these players will go as we can't shift Neto due to injury concerns.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imo if Hobbs is to be believed and we need to raise funds one of these players will go as we can't shift Neto due to injury concerns.
Sell all the deadwood first to raise funds Gomes Ran and Cunha are the future of the club.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN, Gomes and Cunha are the untouchables for me come the Summer.
Cunha the only one for me that is absolutely untouchable. We have somebody who can replace Gomes already, as good as he is. For all of RAN's brilliance he does tend to be wasteful, so I don't view him as untouchable if a big offer came in. Cunha I genuinely don't think we can replace what he gives us, at least not without a pot of gold. Indispensable.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're honest we got away with one there but this is the season that keeps on giving and GON and his team keep working wonders when adversity strikes. Funnily enough things got better after Neto went off and you knew this team would die for each other out there. The spirit and togetherness and never-say-die attitude is amazing and imo matches and even surpasses what we saw under Nuno.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha the only one for me that is absolutely untouchable. We have somebody who can replace Gomes already, as good as he is. For all of RAN's brilliance he does tend to be wasteful, so I don't view him as untouchable if a big offer came in. Cunha I genuinely don't think we can replace what he gives us, at least not without a pot of gold. Indispensable.

In 2 years, Gomes is one of the very best CM's in the PL.

His upside is the biggest of the lot IMO and no way do we have a like for like for him.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Thought it was a poor first half, very disjointed and glad not to have conceded.

Don't think Gary was able to get them to understand exactly what he wanted with having to take Neto and Bellegarde off. The half time team talk evidently did wonders because for once we scored not too long after the restart.

Lemina MotM for me. Fraser had a good go and with a run in the team can only get better. He's got to start against Coventry.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell all the deadwood first to raise funds Gomes Ran and Cunha are the future of the club.
Some people on here seem to have their heads in the sand. It's Hobbs who has said we need a big sale in the summer. If Neto can't go because of his injury record then the only other 'big' players we have are Gomes, RAN or Cunha.

Back
Top Bottom