Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham H Team

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone left to play up front?
Rest players for Cov or get the three points for safety?

Will surely be a case of playing the the 14-15 players who are fit and able.

Below will depend on fitness but to kick you off….

Bentley
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Bueno
Sarabia Bellegarde RAN

Subs King Doc Bueno Traore Fraser Chiwome Lemina +2

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bentley
Kilman Dawson Toti
Sarabia Bellegarde RAN

Safety?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're two points away from a place that's likely to get Europe.

It's gutting to hear fans talk about resting players for Coventry when we've got an outstanding chance of making Europe via the league, or we should anyway. But, I understand why some hold that view.

I personally wouldn't rest anyone. They're either fit to play, or they're not. It's a week from Newcastle to Fulham, and it's a week from Fulham to Coventry. It's not a busy period.

On the basis I do think Neto is injured, I'd go with this.

Sa
Kilman, Dawson, Toti
Semedo, Gomes, Lemina, Bueno
Sarabia, Bellegarde, Ait-Nouri

I don't think Fraser is ready, and Adarabioyo and Bassey will bully him. I'd rather use him as an impact sub when they might be tired, the game might be a bit more stretched.

Bellegarde did okay at times on Saturday to be fair, even if he's not great.

Looking at the strength of Fulham's squad from the win over Brighton, really hard to see anything other than an away win. Sad really.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I do think that, although it probably changes a lot about how we play, playing RAN in the attacking areas and asking Hugo to play LWB is probably a good idea. Bit more recovery time now, so hopefully the likes of Neto can get through.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bentley
Kilman Dawson Toti
Sarabia Bellegarde RAN

It's difficult but Bellegarde as CF just does not work. Fraser obviously isn't PL level but he couldn't do any worse, at least he knows how to play his position.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo Kilman Dawson Toti

Gomes Lemina B.Traore

Sarabia Fraser RAN

A bit of a change in terms of set up / formation but think as a one-off it could work, and potentially needed to help re-energise the small squad for the final slog of the season.

B.Traore & Gomes would add energy, which we were (understandably) lacking yesterday. RAN being given license to work his magic further up the pitch could help to act as a Cunha "lite" replacement from the point of view of helping us in transitions and moving us up the pitch 20 / 30 yards.

Fraser starting is a gamble but I think he deserves it - scored a few goals already in relatively few minutes and did ok vs Newcastle. If it works and he takes the chance then great, and if not he can be slowly be introduced from the bench again whilst we continue with the Bellegarde makeshift approach until we get numbers back.

Bellegarde, Doyle and potentially Neto (not sure of the extent of his injury) on the bench to rotate and change formation within the game if needed / not working.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Wouldn’t risk Gomes or Neto. As we’ve seen with Cunha and Hwang, if their hamstrings go properly, they are probably out for the rest of the season. Give them an extra week to recover fully and have a go against Coventry.

Sa
Kilman, Dawson, Toti
Semedo, Traore, Lemina, RAN
Sarabia, Bellegarde
Fraser

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-5-2 for me

Bentley
Bueno Dawson Kilman
Semedo Lemina B.Traore Doyle RAN
Sarabia Fraser

Rest those with little knocks or strains for the cup game. Gomes, Sa, Neto. Toti looks like he needs a rest. This team will be able to compete so the extra man in the middle should help us.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti Gomes, Doc or Mario Lemina as emergency no9?

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d start Fraser but would give Doc a run up forward for the last 20mins depending on how the game is going….. would do nothing for young Fraser’s confidence if Doc started as a 9 and not him.
Doc knows where the goal is, has the knack of drifting in at the back post and has a good leap/ header.

Sa
Kilman, Dawson, Toti
Semedo, Doyle, Lemina, RAN
Sarabia, Fraser, Bellegarde.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way things are right now, whoever can walk off the bus unaided gets a game!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping Neto & Gomes are ok for training this week.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Kilman
 Dawson
Bueno
RAN

Lemina
Boub

Bellgarde
Fraser
Sarabia

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the points aren't critical and we'd like a day out at Wembley why not rotate as many as possible ? Flum usually set up in 4-2-3-1 so match them for numbers in midfield.

4-1-4-1

Bentley
Doherty S. Bueno Toti H. Bueno
Doyle
Sarabia Traore RAN Bellegarde
Fraser

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Due to current circumstances, I'd be erring massively on the side of caution and resting as many of our more influential players as practically possible.
There's some assumption that Neto, Gomes and even Cunha may be fit for Coventry but that's not a given.
Worse case scenario is we don't have them plus a couple more injuries sustained from next week's game.

Too, too risky for me. Rest as many as possible so that we have a better chance to get to Wembley, even if it is at a cost points wise.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Due to current circumstances, I'd be erring massively on the side of caution and resting as many of our more influential players as practically possible.
There's some assumption that Neto, Gomes and even Cunha may be fit for Coventry but that's not a given.
Worse case scenario is we don't have them plus a couple more injuries sustained from next week's game.

Too, too risky for me. Rest as many as possible so that we have a better chance to get to Wembley, even if it is at a cost points wise.
For me he should have done that Saturday at Newcastle......being 2 days after Brighton....full week break Fulham, full week Coventry is different....

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
We have a week's rest before this game and then another before the fa cup. That's been a rarity for us. Due to this I do not feel there is much of a risk as we had last week, as it gives everyone proper time to recover between these games.

Fulham are back in form and scoring goals. Muniz looks a steal for 7 million atm

Although Adama has been in form, he is still coming back from injury and I believe that Harry Wilson will start then Adama will come on for him towards the end. Much like he did for us. A forever sub.

Team for me:

Sa
Semdo kilman Bueno Toti Nouri (as an orthodox wing back)

Lemina Gomes Doyle
Sarabia Neto

Smother the midfield, limit the effect Palhina has

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he should have done that Saturday at Newcastle......being 2 days after Brighton....full week break Fulham, full week Coventry is different....
I take your point, but still concerned we may pick up something next Saturday and there won't be sufficient recovery time.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take your point, but still concerned we may pick up something next Saturday and there won't be sufficient recovery time.
Yes I get that with Neto etc......but for me if we was gonna throw a game as such Newcastle for me was the one..... especially with the short turn round.....the likes of Doherty, both Buenos , Fraser etc she uid have played in the game...the circumstances was easier to accept than a home game with a break either side against Fulham.....granted wouldn't risk Neto.....but would still go as near to full strength as possible...

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Even if we want to make the cup a priority; I think playing our best team v Fulham will give us a greater chance to beat Coventry. There are enforced changes to the team due to injuries so trying to establish a new consistent 11 would be best I think.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have concerns about Sarabia . I would rest him. At 31 he is being pushed. Perhaps he can pace himself better than the younger ones.
Don't want to lose him for FA Cup or rest of the season.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Even if we want to make the cup a priority; I think playing our best team v Fulham will give us a greater chance to beat Coventry. There are enforced changes to the team due to injuries so trying to establish a new consistent 11 would be best I think.
I think our recent change in fortune has made me slightly apprehensive , that's all.
I get the "best team" approach (I'm assuming you'd play Neto then), but as a say recent circumstances have started to haunt me somewhat.
Perhaps I'm taking a selfish approach, but just want to be sure that every member of the team will be available for the 6th Round.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think that, although it probably changes a lot about how we play, playing RAN in the attacking areas and asking Hugo to play LWB is probably a good idea. Bit more recovery time now, so hopefully the likes of Neto can get through.
Might need both RAN and Hugo on the LHS to double up on Adama.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone is a doubt of any sort (Neto, Sa, Gomes) then they should not be in the squad at all. We just cannot risk any niggles becoming season ending.
It’s not about “resting them for Coventry”, it’s about managing them so they can hopefully see out the season. We are threadbare and cannot risk things getting too much worse.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentley
Semedo Kilman Bueno Toti RAN
Doyle Lemina Gomes
Fraser Sarabia

Slow down the pace of our play. Recognise we're a bit in the ****. Grind out a very ugly one nil win.

Back
Top Bottom