Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Frank Soo

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fascinating article. It appears our Billy supplanted him in the England team. I'd never heard of him, has anyone else?

Yes. He never got the credit he deserved.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fascinating article. It appears our Billy supplanted him in the England team. I'd never heard of him, has anyone else?

Yes remember him playing for a local non league side near where I lived in the 50s, was a bit of a legend in those days and still is down this way,

Last edited:

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fascinating indeed.

Women who married immigrants automatically lost their British nationality and became foreigners.

I thought this was astonishing, wonder when it stopped.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of mine who supports Leicester City told me his father spoke about Frank Soo. He was made Leicester captain after the Second World War, but he was only at Filbert Street for a season before being transferred. Apparently, he was a decent player, but struggled to impress, which is why Leicester put him on the transfer list.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fascinating indeed.

Women who married immigrants automatically lost their British nationality and became foreigners.

I thought this was astonishing, wonder when it stopped.
Looked it up, and I may not have fully understood it, but it appears 1948, although it seems they didn’t lose it after 1933, as long as they didn’t become a citizen of their husband’s country.

Back
Top Bottom