Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Four Away Games In Ten Days

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Starting with Bratislava we have four away games in ten days. Ouch!

Bratislava 24th

Newcastle 27th

Villa(LC) 30th

Arsenal 2nd

I for one would forgive the management for fielding a very youthful side in the league cup.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously the squad will need to managed.

lot of criticism about the squad being too small over the last couple of months but worth noting on Sunday that we beat the champions while Jota was out, Saiss came off after 10 minutes and we were still able to have Doc and Jonny coming off the bench

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bratislava 24th

Newcastle 27th

Villa(LC) 30th

Arsenal 2nd

I for one would forgive the management for fielding a very youthful side in the league cup.

We can win that cup , bring it on !

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good job our counter attacking game plan has recently come up to speed!

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I say go for it on all fronts but selection will be determined by who plays internationally.

We will surely put out a much stronger team against Villa than Reading but Patricio,Doc and Neves will not start.Hopefully Jota will be fit.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know they are our local rivals, but in the grand scheme of things the game I care least about is the Villa one.
I know what you are saying, but I won't feel like that at the end of the match if those **** heads are taking the **** like the last time we played there.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you are saying, but I won't feel like that at the end of the match if those **** heads are taking the **** like the last time we played there.
That would be a bitter pill to swallow I agree, but we get to play them in the league not long after.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this team, I always feel more confident playing away: well-organised in defence, and possibly the fastest team on the break in the PL when we put our minds to it (as we did v. City). I can see us winning 3 of these. I feel least confident about the Newcastle game.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on the teams for me...if we put out a young team and they field their first eleven then it means nothing.....unless we win!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I´m of that age that makes me up for the cup,in normal circumstances.
This time however,I hope that we airs the squadplayers against Villa.
League Cup cannot be a priority of ours in the light of EL and Premier League.
I don´t care it´s Villa..at least it ain´t baggies.

Gedwolf

Reaction score

Bratislava 24th

Newcastle 27th

Villa(LC) 30th

Arsenal 2nd

Yeah it will be the same for all teams still in Europe, including Arsenal who we play 4th although I appreciate they all have bigger squads than we do

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I dont get people saying play the youth against Villa, we have a VERY decent back up 11 which should be starting that game.

Ruddy

Doherty
Bennett
Coady
Boly
Vinagre

Saiss
Moutinio

Jota (build fitness after injury)
Cutrone
Neto

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I imagine they’ll fly from Bratislava to Newcastle and we’ll train at facilities up there, tough run however way you look at it.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d rather rest players vs Arsenal than Villa. I couldn’t careless if we finish 7th or 14th in the league I want some silverware.

I’ve got a feeling we’ll rest a few at Newcastle and go for a decent line up at Villa Park.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d rather rest players vs Arsenal than Villa. I couldn’t careless if we finish 7th or 14th in the league I want some silverware.
Havnt won a proper trophy in nearly 40 years. This is our best chance of doing it.

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont get people saying play the youth against Villa, we have a VERY decent back up 11 which should be starting that game.

Ruddy

Doherty
Bennett
Coady
Boly
Vinagre

Saiss
Moutinio

Jota (build fitness after injury)
Cutrone
Neto

Great ‘back up 11’ apart from the fact that a lot of them are regular first 11 starters!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
We just need to keep our level heads on .We have got back on track but realise there will always be blips and that we can’t win all of our games and that we have injuries to contend with this season
The oldest cliche in the book is one game at a time and it is certainly one of Nuno’s mantras so at the minute all I am thinking of is Southampton.
Call me boring but that is the the most important.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Win, Win, Win, Win

Obviously.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, you really think we would rest players against Villa? We just beat Manchester City after a 4,000 mile round trip and looked fresher than they did. No doubt at all that we will go gungho in each of these fixtures.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Havnt won a proper trophy in nearly 40 years. This is our best chance of doing it.

I agree. Also worth noting the Bratislava game is not do or die. We could get a draw over there and still have a pretty good shot at qualifying from our group.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have shown we have enough ability in our 18 to rotate within that within a short period of time.

No way will we go into a derby with kids.

It’ll be a slightly under strength side with vinagre cutrone and neto starting I imagine.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just need to keep our level heads on .We have got back on track but realise there will always be blips and that we can’t win all of our games and that we have injuries to contend with this season
The oldest cliche in the book is one game at a time and it is certainly one of Nuno’s mantras so at the minute all I am thinking of is Southampton.
Call me boring but that is the the most important.
You're boring :)

North Bank

Reaction score
*4 days rest after Southampton (H)*
Bratislava 24th - Rotate a few, try to grab an away point and they'll still be another 3 games to go in the group (2 at home).
*2 days rest*
Newcastle 27th - Play as strong a line up as possible
*2 days rest*
Villa(LC) 30th - Rest a few, play some of the U23's, keep a strong core to the side
*3 days rest*
Arsenal 2nd - Play as strong a line up as possible

There's then a 5 day gap to Bratislava at home and then 2 days to Villa in the league. Hectic period.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bratislava 24th

Newcastle 27th

Villa(LC) 30th

Arsenal 2nd

4 wins then, although the U23's might have a tough game against Villa. :)

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is exactly how I felt. The worst draw possible.

Local derby to qualify for a semi final?

Couldn’t have asked for a better draw

Ohhhh let’s rest and try and win at arsenal so we finish 10th not 12th. Woopdey ****ing do

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bratislava 24th

Newcastle 27th

Villa(LC) 30th

Arsenal 2nd

I agree, as much as I would love to put out the 1st XI in the League Cup, as we have a realistic chance of winning it, we can't compete on all fronts. You never know, our second string have proved capable in the past and might get past Vile. I won't lose sleep if they don't though, we can show them what life with the big boys is like in the league game.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Local derby to qualify for a semi final?

Couldn’t have asked for a better draw

Ohhhh let’s rest and try and win at arsenal so we finish 10th not 12th. Woopdey ****ing do

Apart from the obvious error, we have every chance of being in the top six, so a win at the Emirates would go a long way to achieving that.

Back
Top Bottom