Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun's Gamble

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said "it seems very likely", making it clear this was supposition rather than assertion. The rest of the post makes it clear it was an educated guess based on what's going on, not a prediction or a claim to know what's going on. Others have replied to the thread suggesting I may have got it wrong, and I'm grateful for those posts: the discussion is all useful in trying to work out what's happening.
From my point of view, there didn’t appear to be anything ‘educated’ about it and I don’t mean that rudely.
Fosun have said we’re not up for sale, they’re not ‘asset stripping preparing us for a sale’ and if City hadn’t come so late for Nunes, he wouldn’t be going anywhere.
So, for you, or any other poster to state ‘seems very likely’, I assumed you had other information rather than the rest of the frenzied nonsense being spouted on here.
Fosun haven’t got the cash to bale us out anymore and it’s a realisation that’s come as a bit of a shock to a lot of supporters. However, after spending so much last season, costs have had to be recouped. That’s not asset stripping.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From my point of view, there didn’t appear to be anything ‘educated’ about it and I don’t mean that rudely.
Fosun have said we’re not up for sale, they’re not ‘asset stripping preparing us for a sale’ and if City hadn’t come so late for Nunes, he wouldn’t be going anywhere.
So, for you, or any other poster to state ‘seems very likely’, I assumed you had other information rather than the rest of the frenzied nonsense being spouted on here.
Fosun haven’t got the cash to bale us out anymore and it’s a realisation that’s come as a bit of a shock to a lot of supporters. However, after spending so much last season, costs have had to be recouped. That’s not asset stripping.
You may well be right, but my post makes it clear that I don't think Fosun are asset stripping. They've also been economical with the truth repeatedly since taking over ("Lambert is our man" when they'd already informed him he was being replaced).

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. China escaped our financial crisis. Theirs is just beginning. It’s going to make our financial crisis look like a teddy bears picnic.
From all I’ve been reading, the Chinese government will step in. The 2008 financial crisis set a precedent for government and national banks to interven.
However, it could, and probably will have a global impact……but it won’t be huge.
Mostly it will and has already made companies extremely wary of investing in China.

It’s not just the Chinese economy…..investors are very, very worried about China invasion of Taiwan.
Warren Buffet , ( Berkshire Hathaway), just sold their entire his stick in TSMC …..if that’s not a bad sign, what is?

Reaction score
If they no longer have the cash, then they need to sell us to someone that does because we simply can’t continue like this and relegation is looming large even this early in the season. The mood on X (aka Twitter), FB and elsewhere seems to be changing with numerous #Fosun Out posts I think the fans have finally had enough of these shysters and want them gone.

I wish I’d got a pair of your rose coloured glasses and Happy Clapper stick as they’re obviously magical allowing you to see things that the rest of us can’t or are they just showing you things that don’t exist/aren’t happening.

D

Deleted member (smith)

If they no longer have the cash, then they need to sell us to someone that does because we simply can’t continue like this and relegation is looming large even this early in the season. The mood on X (aka Twitter), FB and elsewhere seems to be changing with numerous #Fosun Out posts I think the fans have finally had enough of these shysters and want them gone.

I wish I’d got a pair of your rose coloured glasses and Happy Clapper stick as they’re obviously magical allowing you to see things that the rest of us can’t or are they just showing you things that don’t exist/aren’t happening.

when these Shysters bought wolves they were a mid champion#hip side. They have invested hundreds of millions of pounds. The limit on losses that a shareholder can make good is 105 million over three years . They have quite probably between 22 and 2023 exceeded that already so no matter how rich the shareholder is and no matter how willing he is to spend money to satisfy the desire for losses he cannot do so within the FFP rules. your venom is misplaced and if they are indeed forced to sell let’s hope the new owners have unlimited wealth they dont mind losing .

Reaction score
when these Shysters bought wolves they were a mid champion#hip side. They have invested hundreds of millions of pounds. The limit on losses that a shareholder can make good is 105 million over three years . They have quite probably between 22 and 2023 exceeded that already so no matter how rich the shareholder is and no matter how willing he is to spend money to satisfy the desire for losses he cannot do so within the FFP rules. your venom is misplaced and if they are indeed forced to sell let’s hope the new owners have unlimited wealth they dont mind losing .
They can put more money into the club to offset the potential losses for FFP but they WON’T as they want us to be self supporting :rolleyes: My venom as you call it is most certainly NOT misplaced - these shysters are no longer interested in this club that much is obvious (to most people anyway) and we will be well rid of them. Villa, Birmingham, Albion all have had or have Chinese owners and none have done/did well under them and the same applies to us. We will do no better than hang around the relegation zone (or actually get relegated) whilst they’re in charge is that really what you want because I sure as hell don’t :mad:

Back
Top Bottom