Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun out?

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I didn’t realise Fosun were making millions off the club.

Based on the accounts the club release, it appears they’ve probably lost money.

But if you’re saying the accounts are incorrect and they have in fact been illegally drawing money from the club, then the Press should pick up on this scandal. You should send them the information you have and your sources.
If you think of it like buying a house that needs work, you buy it, stick in a certain amount of cash to do it up then it’s worth double what you invested does that mean you have lost money or gained?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think of it like buying a house that needs work, you buy it, stick in a certain amount of cash to do it up then it’s worth double what you invested does that mean you have lost money or gained?

Depends if I take out a massive mortgage on it or sell it. Otherwise I just have to pay for its upkeep.

And if I’ve already kitted it out with great furniture, I’m not going to randomly buy any more to keep in the shed just in case I might need it. Especially at a time where it’s expensive to buy furniture. And especially when a couple of great items are in the process of being repaired.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Some people need a big bowl of concrete and harden the **** up.

I'm sure it's only recently that people are calling for the owners to sell up when we lose a game

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun gave to pull a few rabbits out the hat or the money we get from Neves Traore Kilman and if Neto plays well him will just fund a slow decline.

Their model is we can find better players cheaper; we will see. I think it is a better plan than old burnley model of grind out survival but it is a risk.

To not improve is in the Prem is to decline.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Can’t believe how short some memories are.

In the last few years I’ve watched us beat city and united, I’ve been to Wembley, braga and Barca in the fa cup semi and europa respectively and I’ve had the pleasure to watch the best wolves team of my 30 odd years following them.

We were in league one a few years ago

And we’re now saying fosun out? Crazy.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Depends if I take out a massive mortgage on it or sell it. Otherwise I just have to pay for its upkeep.

And if I’ve already kitted it out with great furniture, I’m not going to randomly buy any more to keep in the shed just in case I might need it. Especially at a time where it’s expensive to buy furniture. And especially when a couple of great items are in the process of being repaired.
They did it with a loan to themselves so not quite a mortgage, unless the mortgage is paying it to yourself the analogy doesn’t really work tbf.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want them to go, but I want them to get their **** together and start looking like they give a toss. They have taken their eye off the ball, more interested in esports and the 'brand' than investing for the here and now on the playing side, which we desperately need. Do Fosun not realise the whole 'brand' idea is flawed if the product on the pitch is sell your best players, replace with inferior ones and slowly but surely drift down the table? I hope I'm very wrong but I just don't see a squad this size being able to keep pace. I expect to be in midtable come the end of the season - all very avoidable if they'd bothered to back the manager properly. One thing that will not wash however - not backing the manager but raising ticket prices again.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure Fosun will sell when it suits them just as Mendes will move on to "New Friends".

Both are more interested in the money than the glory .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a joke of a thread, a complete over reaction to losing one game, yes they need to back Bruno more, but wanting them out :laughing:
To be fair nobody looks at one game ( and I can tell you dont by your comment ) but fans tend to get a feeling for a trajectory and one game can encapsulate that feeling.
SOME fans think Fosun have given up trying to drive the club forward. This last window actually weakened our team. And how many Premiership teams actually weaken their team in a window. Not many .

Last edited:

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless they can find someone who is prepared to spunk out a shedload of dosh to modernise and expand the ground and is prepared to give Bruno a transfer budget of £100 million per annum, then probably not.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair nobody looks at one game ( and I can tell you dont by your comment ) but fans tend to get a feeling for a trajectory and one game can encapsulate that feeling.
SOME fans think Fosun have given up trying to drive the club forward. This last window actually weakened our team. And how many Premiership teams actually weaken their team in a window. Not many .
Nail on head.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of you wouldn't be out of place on AFTV or that channel Goldbridge fronts

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah, lets get Morgan and Moxey back! Fosun have got most things right. Not exactly "If Carlsberg did football club owners" but not far off. Many clubs would swap with us.

Last edited:

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The drama queens on here are increasing in numbers. What a stupid thread.

The entitlement is strong in this one.
110%
Been following Wolves since 1970 and the quality of the players we have now has never been better. Significantly, we have many players who are young of age and keen to make something of their careers. Instead of enjoying their development, some people simply want to criticize every single time something doesn't work out as planned.

It's been a very long time since we had it this good and it seems that some people can never be satisfied.

Fosun have done a magnificent job and clearly have a plan. Those of us who lived through the troubled times respect and admire what they have done with their quiet dignity. Whereas some folks think that throwing money at it to "take us to the next step" is of paramount importance, those of us who have been up and down the leagues know full well it is never as simple as that.

All that matters to me is enjoying the football on offer and over the last four to five years we have had far more ups than downs. We are the top Midlands side, and that in itself is some achievement, let alone 7th placed finishes and European football. I really don't get why the sourpusses are as they are. We have come a long way and our owners clearly do know what they are doing although that will never be enough for some.

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
Wow there’s some loonies on this board.
Fosun have given me (and many others) the best few years of my football following life. Why on earth would anybody want them out.
The other point that the ‘Fosun out’ brigade seem to consistently forget is that for them to ‘get out’, Somebody has to want to buy them out. Last time I checked, there wasn’t a queue of billionaires lining Waterloo road wanting to throw a few hundred million at converting a mid-table premier league club into a top 4 club.
Welcome to the real world. Fosun have done amazing things for our club and will hopefully continue to do so.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
What a ridiculous and embarrassing thread. It's an obvious attempt to destabilise our club. Troll alert!

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun out... yes, yes, I can clearly see where the OP is coming from. Just the other day I was remeniscing to a colleague about days gone by and how much we yearned for the return of owners like the Bhatti Brothers. How exciting it was, going to bed every evening wondering if we'd still have a club in the morning. Those were the days. What jolly times we had....

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I see both sides of this the arguement.

The sellers are massively frustrated as they see an opportunity is slipping away and wonder what’s the point of Fosun if they aren’t going for the big prizes now.

The keepers have looked longitudinally and seen where we were and are more content with that improvement

My view is that I concur with the poster who said if we don’t improve we go backwards and my other concern is that Fosun don’t seem to understand the importance of momentum.

Our project has lost momentum and players feel that.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend i'm happy with how things have gone the last 2 seasons because i'm not. I dont think they should sell up, i dont think they have given up, but the thing is, we were asked to trust them and i think we have. If we slump, even if we just miss out on Europe there is going to be a lot more unhappy fans. They cant justify ticket price hikes when the "product" isnt improving. I have a feeling this summer has to be a big one for Fosun to restore the faith or i can see attendances dropping.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
every win: thread "fosun are wonderful" "Thanks for everything fiosun"

every loss" thread "fosun out" "fosun are killing us"

in out in out in out in out in out in out...

more in's and outs than I can keep track of. Must be how it feels to be a lady of the night

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Fosun out then who in?

I'm interested to know which owners of another English club those who want Fosun out would like to swap for?

Discount top 6 as their revenues dwarf the rest.

Seriously who would be better???

Are we thinking sell our souls as long as we can spend more?
Carsen Yeung? Mel Morris? Mike Ashley?

What do the fosun out people actually want?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've realised they don't represent the match going fans I know.

The inability to admit we had a **** window summed it all up.

As a season ticket holder, everyone I know & go with, all locals, recognise that we had an awful window. Obviously, some of the criticism isn't as severe as mine, fine with that, but nobody I know would try to defend the window, everyone would say it as it is.

On here, it's like I live in another world.
There’s literally a thread asking people to rate the window and nearly 75% voted 0-4, I.e. poor. So you’re doing exact what you accuse others of aren’t you, exaggerating?

You’re probably right that posts on this forum aren’t representative, that’s probably because most of the time people only post something when they have a strong opinion therefore there’s rarely any middle ground.

You’ve got people on one side adamant they’re in the minority with their view when they’re just being “realistic” (negative) because they get piled on by this forum full of happy clappers, meanwhile you’ve got the other side adamant they’re in the minority with their view when they’re just being “realistic” (refusing to see any negatives) because they’re posting amongst a sea of negativity in their view.

The reality is the forum probably isn’t as unrepresentative as either sides think, it’s just that when you chat to someone at a game if you ask a question they respond. When you post on a forum you’ll generally get replies from people who agree strongly enough to post their thoughts, or disagree strongly enough to tell you why.

Posting on a forum isn’t equivalent to talking to match going fans because it isn’t like you’re chatting to a couple of people you’re sat with who are going to talk with you, it’s more like you’re shouting your opinion at the top of your lungs to the ground as a whole and waiting for a response,

For what it’s worth, I think we had a pretty **** window but also don’t think Fosun should go. I voted in both polls but haven’t really entered in to either debate and that’s probably where the majority actually sit. Not at either end of the scale as the other end seems to think.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might ask my Year 5 class tomorrow (most who are either Wednesday fans, Blades fans and one or two Rotherham fans) if they think the WWFC owners have done a bad job or lack ambition. I’ll also ask them how many wish their team were in our position.
Think a sense of perspective is required for the poll. It’s true that the owners have under invested in the last couple of windows, yet look where we are.
It’s also true that we could have brought players in to make a push for Europe. I don’t believe that was expected this year and is a nice surprise/bonus. Bringing in players does not guarantee success. How much did Fulham spend? How much did palace spend on Benteke? There are always successful signings that help drive teams on, but there are probably at least an equal amount that have not brought the required impact. Not as cut and dried as beefing up the team with expensive signings. We are growing as an established premier league team thanks to Fosun, and Bruno appears to be the next step in helping to build solid foundations. We won’t find out the exact reason for the perceived lack of activity in the transfer windows, but there will be good reason imho.
I guess I’m just saying we should be thankful for the position we are in, Bruno is doing a cracking job with this small squad, and accept the fact that we are growing at a steady pace.
Having sat in all areas of the ground during our season in League 1, I can honestly say that I wouldn’t want Fosun to sell the club right now. Imagine the uncertainty that being for sale would bring - NUFC can relate to that. They got plenty of money, but even they struggled to attract players because of the position they find themselves in as a result of the uncertainty of what’s been going on in the background, poor recruitment, poor manager. I wouldn’t swap or want what they’ve had.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I am not happy no start has been made on the first phase of Molineux's redevelopment, the last two/three transfer windows have been fairly weak.
But that doesn't mean I want Fosun out. Overall, the club are in a good place, the summer transfer window will test Fosun's true intentions of our future.

Back
Top Bottom