Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun out?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% no. We'd be stuck in the champ still if not for them and they're running the club in a very good and safe way. The issue is just the wish for a little bit more funds made available, literally just 1 or 2 signings, a minor gripe really in the grand scheme of things.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% no. We'd be stuck in the champ still if not for them and they're running the club in a very good and safe way. The issue is just the wish for a little bit more funds made available, literally just 1 or 2 signings, a minor gripe really in the grand scheme of things.
We will be going back to the champ if they don’t pull their finger out, stop selling our best players and keep signing crap to do their mate a favour

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have left the manager hung out to dry with this squad, despite the miracles we’ve achieved this season.

Some of the decisions in the last two seasons are ridiculous , and there’s no signs of this changing
And....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ignore.

@Guzeppi THIS is what the ignore thing is all about.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun out?
To what? Anything better on the horizon? And would they be WORSE than Fosun?

Unless you can offer a BETTER option, then it a silly idea, isn’t it?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, this summer would seem the perfect time for them to sell.

Club is worth 10x what they purchased it for and the next 2-3 years will require major investment (squad, stadium) so its pretty much diminishing returns for them from here.

I would prefer they stayed, replaced Shi with someone competent and invested in a DOF.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, this summer would seem the perfect time for them to sell.

Club is worth 10x what they purchased it for and the next 2-3 years will require major investment (squad, stadium) so its pretty much diminishing returns for them from here.

I would prefer they stayed, replaced Shi with someone competent and invested in a DOF.
100%

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely get us Steve Morgan back I would love to see us entertaining the likes of Port Vale, Walsall and Doncaster again....

I'm guessing a lot of the fans who have crawled out the woodwork wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Fosun....

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No point getting worked up demanding their heads, they want out anyway so your wish will come soon enough.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see the 50+ year olds are deeply distraught at any criticism of their dear Jeff. Yes, we were in League 1 once, I was there but times have changed and you need to get with it.

The Prem is deeply competitive and we'll quickly be left behind with owners who are content for the Manager to have 1 fit senior winger, as was the case today. Watching Dendoncker at CAM was comical.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said in the summer I'd see them gone, and them wanting out, nothing has changed.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, they shouldn’t sell and I hope they don’t. They have done wonders for this football club both on and off the pitch and we would be far worse off without them.

It is a huge summer ahead though. It will be a mini rebuild with potentially Moutinho, Adama, Neves, Saiss and Ruddy all leaving. The quality of the players bought in will tell us a lot about Fosun’s plans going forward.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much profit do you think Fosun would make if they sold Wolves now?

Maybe not as much as you think. Add up every quid they spent since they got here….the new pitch, Compton. towels, players, food, air travel, wages, new Hughes stand, …..all of it.
And then there’s the income, gates, merchandice, tv money etc.

I doubt there’s not much of a difference to warrant selling.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose I've been naive because I just thought Fosun would keep on buying £30 mil+ players until we turned into Man City. I've reluctantly come to accept that Fosun see Wolves as a project where they can make profits on players and along the way perhaps win a Cup. Leicester have shown this can work but I can't think of another team where doing this brings results on the pitch. I fully expect to see Neves go in the summer and perhaps Kilman. In 12 months it could be Neto? We have a team now, 2 or 3 players short of a top 4/6 finish but last summer and this latest window have shown bringing in the quality we need appears not to to be part of the project. If Fosun are happy with us finishing mid-table season after season fair enough but surely if you take part in a competition you want to give yourself a chance of winning it one day?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Such a sad, self-indulgent, knee jerk, plastic, Sky era, social media age opening post. This is the best it's ever been for me as a Wolves fan.

Imagine 5 years ago if someone had told you we were enjoying our fourth consecutive season in the Premier League after two top 7 finishes, FA Cup semi, Europa League quarter final and currently having our best ever start to a Premier League season having won 3 league games in a row, including a win away to Manchester United - that there would be a thread on the Mix asking if it was time for our owners to sell up because we lost a cup game at home. Jesus wept.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Fosun want to own us thats fine by me , but if they want to sell us and leave UK football then let them go now while we are still flying high .
At the moment I am not sure . To weaken our side when we were looking so good is an unbelievably poor decision.
I would be sorry if they have decided to give up a serious attempt to get us in to regular European football.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have no intention of taking us forward, thanks for the memories but it's time for them to go.
Where we’re going with Fosun, you’re gonna love. Everybody knew it would take some time with a few tiny stumbles here and there.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a sad, self-indulgent, knee jerk, plastic, Sky era, social media age opening post. This is the best it's ever been for me as a Wolves fan.

Imagine 5 years ago if someone had told you we were enjoying our fourth consecutive season in the Premier League after two top 7 finishes, FA Cup semi, Europa League quarter final and currently having our best ever start to a Premier League season having won 3 league games in a row, including a win away to Manchester United - that there would be a thread on the Mix asking if it was time for our owners to sell up because we lost a cup game at home. Jesus wept.
Yes - they’ve done a great job to now.

But they don’t want to take it further.

So our value will clearly drop

So why wouldn’t they sell up now?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said in the summer I'd see them gone, and them wanting out, nothing has changed.
I've said previously that I felt Fosun might look to sell us in the not too distant future, I still feel that way and probably even more so now. We just have the feel of a club that's being run lean before it goes on the market for a maximum possible return. Also political relations between the U.K. and China probably don't help, along with the uncertainties thrown in by the pandemic.
That said, I don't want Fosun to go or for the project to be over but my gut instinct is that both could be the case soon. Either way I'll always be eternally grateful for the last few years and I've loved (almost) every minute of it.
There's no calling for them out though from me, Fosun go, when Fosun say they go.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, they shouldn’t sell and I hope they don’t. They have done wonders for this football club both on and off the pitch and we would be far worse off without them.

It is a huge summer ahead though. It will be a mini rebuild with potentially Moutinho, Adama, Neves, Saiss and Ruddy all leaving. The quality of the players bought in will tell us a lot about Fosun’s plans going forward.
Agree with every word Matt.

This summer will answer a lot of questions.

Back
Top Bottom