Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest Verdict

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What, you mean the ones that beat city and spurs one week and lose to Sheffield the next.

We couldn’t be more mid table obscurity if we tried.

Not saying it’s good by the way. Just saying it is what it is.
I thought we were talking about performances not necessarily results.

We don’t have to be as negative as we have been this week, at home, against two poor teams. That’s a choice not par for the course.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beuno needs a loan. He looks completely shot of confidence. We need our wing backs to be aggressive and attacking in this formation, he just keeps going backwards.

Doherty isn’t the answer either.
Bueno isn't fit, he's also our back up for a reason. I agree re what fullbacks should be doing, it is a critical part of this hybrid thing we seem to have
Nice to see you continuing to mock me, all for myself perhaps being a bit left field on view points sometimes.

I will leave it there.
KH, respectfully take a breath and reflect.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Points good, performances really negative. That's why folks are unhappy but the mid-table thing is very true.

Lack of ambition in games like today is the issue.

However, next few games we can't play like this or we'll be murdered so we can expect better.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Points good, performances really negative. That's why folks are unhappy but the mid-table thing is very true.

Lack of ambition in games like today is the issue.

However, next few games we can't play like this or we'll be murdered so we can expect better.
I guess it's in tune with our wider lack of ambition as a club though. I think FOSUN would be more that content with finishing 15th, both this season and going forward, to be honest.

Huge contrast with Villa for example who clearly have ambitions to be more than that in the PL.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
If you don’t like a point of view being freely expresssed; as per your shoddy use of the gif, then do happily use the exit door of this Forum.
You have no right to tell anyone to leave the forum. Behave.
Otherwise everyone can stop bickering.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess it's in tune with our wider lack of ambition as a club though. I think FOSUN would be more that content with finishing 15th, both this season and going forward, to be honest.

Huge contrast with Villa for example who clearly have ambitions to be more than that in the PL.
I think after the summer we had, it's as good as we perhaps can look to achieve.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Really poor performance...

2nd half we looked tired and bereft of ideas. Completely lost it. Lemina going off didn't help.

Good team goal.

Toti couldn't pass to a team mate. Got a point.

Need to improve massively next week.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So slow out of the blocks. I just dont understand it. Good 30 mins then awful ponderous second half. No creativity, running into spaces / channels, no taking responsibility. Worrying.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We had 69% possession to their 31%, 648 completed passes to their 300, but they had 18 touches in the opponents box to our 16 and 8 attempts to our 10 says it all really

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should have won, missing two really good chances, both as a result of **** defending from us (first Kilman, then Doherty). Why is Doyle good enough to come on against Spurs but not against Burnley and today again, against Forest? He couldn't have done any worse that Bouby, who seems to be a shadow of what he was before. What was the point of Doherty? Just go back four. Sasa on far too late, as well. Oh well, at least Chris Woods didn't score against us. Still wish Boly played for us. On a positive note, well worked goal from us.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the best performance but for me it is the direction we want to go as a club that interests me in January. As buying up and coming players really needs to be matched with proven quality ones if we want to move up this league. Otherwise 15-9th is our lot every season with similar performances like today .

Depends how ambitious our owners really are imo .
Agreed. I think we'll have a much better idea of where O'Neill wants to take us after a couple of transfer windows.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
We're so slow. Forget tactics or formation, we just didn't want to move today, no one looking for the ball. The just didn't seem any urgency to our attack
Was exactly the same Tuesday…pass between the back three and they can’t pass forwards because everybody is stood still and easily marked by the opposition. No imagination and ambition to attack teams. His obsession with shape and players being in position is killing us when we have the ball!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should have won, missing two really good chances, both as a result of **** defending from us (first Kilman, then Doherty). Why is Doyle good enough to come on against Spurs but not against Burnley and today again, against Forest? He couldn't have done any worse that Bouby, who seems to be a shadow of what he was before. What was the point of Doherty? Just go back four. Sasa on far too late, as well. Oh well, at least Chris Woods didn't score against us. Still wish Boly played for us. On a positive note, well worked goal from us.

Like yourself, I feared the worst when Chris Woods came on. He didn’t score, so that is definitely a positive to take from the game.. :)

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves had plenty of options.

As a painfully immature coach, O'Neil boxed himself in
No reversion to a back 4

No Fabio

No Doyle

No sasa until a comically brief cameo

No risk, no ambition.

Very concerning

Unfortunate signs of being out of his depth.

Until the last 4 games, I have been quite positive. But this has the air of someone winging it, not really understanding what they are doing and reverting to coach book caution

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t get stuffed by Arsenal with a poor performance. Beat a poor Burnley side with a boring performance and drew with a poor Forest with a similarly boring performance. I guess if boring brings points and keeps it tight against the leagues best teams GON wil justified.

However, at the moment, I think Gary’s media performances are far better than those of his team.

loppers86

Reaction score
Utter garbage. That’s one of the worst games i’ve ever seen. I was literally bored to tears by 40mins… had to endure 6 minutes of extra first half and spend the whole second half dreaming of getting the heater in the car.

We have no pace at all and Semedo and Bueno are completely toothless going forward. I never got off my seat so many times with the chance of an attack only to find it 40 yds back with Kilman or Dawson 15 seconds later.

GONs tactics in that game seemed to me to be ‘keep doing what we’re doing I’m happy with a draw’ and then just make a random substitute or two but do t actually change tactics.

Fair play, we have an ok-ish points total, but that was a real ordeal.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No creativity, end of
The lack of moving forward today and the reliance of backwards and sides was annoying to say the least.

Can’t imagine what Sasa thought when he came on and thus was penned 30 yards away from the target area he needs to be.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comfort zone garbage. Almost fell asleep. Gotta be doing more with these players against crap opposition than this, Gary. No desire, no energy, no ambition, no movement, no ideas. Just not good enough.Listening to Villa v Arsenal on the radio. Sounds like a proper football match.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hurry back Neto and Alt Nouri .
And can we see more of Bellegrade and Doyle
please ?

Back
Top Bottom