Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest Verdict

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So poor. Forest had a few great chances, what did we have ?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second dud performance in 5 days.
4 points is just a testimony to the benefit of playing teams at home with no real confidence. The formation is just a total flop and subs come far too late.. or not at all. Taking off the only one of the front 3 who was actually having a passable PL performance beggared belief.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but that's on GON. Had to make tactical adjustments in game and failed to do so, it's a common theme.

No idea why we kept 5 atb against a side that played most of the game without a recognised CF and was clearly setup to defend, frustrate and counter. Pushed our CBs on and it played into their hands numerous times. They allowed Toti and Kilman to have the ball because they're dreadful with it.

4pts from 6 available isn't a bad return but the two performances have been poor on the whole. GON needs to start reading games better and affect them, he's like a bystander at the moment.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knock the ball between defenders for 5 minutes
hoof it forward, lose possession
win the ball back on the edge of the area
knock the ball back to the half way line kick it about the CB's for another 5 minutes.
hoof it forward, referee blows his whistle for nothing

rinse and repeat

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
We did good play for the Wolves goal.

What else did we do? I am struggle to add much. Many of the player look tired. Nice rest for them now.

Next 3 London clubs. West Ham, Chelsea, Brentford. Hard task

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Awful second half and one of the worst set of substitutions I can recall. Genuinely can’t believe we stuck with a back 5 against a side playing so deep and that we ended up with a left-hand side of Toti and Doherty.

Thought Sarabia was our best player. Toti and Bueno very poor, as was Traore when he came on.

Sa 6
Kilman 5
Dawson 6
Toti 4
Semedo 6
Lemina 6
Gomes 6
Bueno 5
Sarabia 7
Cunha 7
Hwang 5

Traore 5
Doherty 5
Bellegarde 5
Sasa N/A

Would have taken 4 points from those games at the start of the week but what a missed opportunity against an absolutely dreadful Forest.

Thought Boly played well for them…

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the goal which was very nicely put together, that performance was more toothless than hens teeth.

No desire; no movement; no energy; no fight.

And hardly a touch coming forward which is cowardly.

Absolutely unacceptable stuff and Gary and his whole side should be forced to give a Televsied apology.

4 points from 6 is okay, but both performances raise some questions.

On to West Ham next weekend which could be a real rocket at the backside, that some of these overpaid men deserve.

L78

Reaction score
2 poor teams forest probably just edged it on clear chances

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many passes to players with one or men on them, add to that too many occasions when our midfielders fail to find space.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t believe people actually believe GON sent us out without the intention of attacking and playing on the front foot. There are so many variables to a good performance which the manager can’t affect. Fatigue, momentum, decision making to name a few. O’Neil isn’t perfect but it’s not necessarily his tactics that make us poor occasionally.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's another point I suppose, but it is desperately disappointing not to get a victory in the kind of game we really should be winning. Hoping we have one or two attacking recruits lined up for January.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't make todays game and missed the first half, so can only comment on the second... slow, ponderous, alarming lack of quality all over the pitch. Another wretched performance against a ridiculously poor side. What is the game plan? Can they get GON back on MNF to explain that one?

It's an absolute chore to watch this team when we aren't sat back and catching teams on the break. Are we trying to bore teams to death? We were lucky on Tuesday and we were lucky today. Really alarming performances this week, nowhere near good enough. Subs were crap as well, I'm not sold on Bellegarde and what's the point in giving Sasa 3 minutes at the end when we've failed to break them down all half? Why wasn't he on earlier? Why haven't we tried something different? Because Forest set up differently to what we "prep'd" for and we have absolutely no idea how to change from that plan? Shocking.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Ponderous, especially second half. The one time they injected some pace we scored a nice goal. Whether they were a bit fatigued or not I don't know. Clearly GON doesn't want Silva or Sasa to play as we needed fresh legs. We have zero pace without Neto and Rayan.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
God we are SOOOO boring and predictable to watch! I get we need to have shape etc but by being so rigid when in possession it makes it so easy for the opposition! My son and I literally commentated on about ten of our passes across the back predicting where it was going ant one point until Toti gave it away!…and we were bang on every time btw! Subs today absolutely shocking….crying out for Doyle to get on the ball and for Sasa or Fabio as a focal point up top. Should have gone all out and smashed those today and instead we’ve created hardly anything! Time to concentrate on how we play rather than how to stifle the opposition maybe?….

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I acknowledge injuries, tiredness etc but that was ****. The only positive is we got a point from it. Predictable though cos if you’re a team having a tough time just come and play us we’ll help build your confidence. Hwang was awful but got the 90? Sasa gets 4 mins? Sorry GON but that was utter bilge.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t believe people actually believe GON sent us out without the intention of attacking and playing on the front foot. There are so many variables to a good performance which the manager can’t affect. Fatigue, momentum, decision making to name a few. O’Neil isn’t perfect but it’s not necessarily his tactics that make us poor occasionally.
But he had the ability to change it with positive substition, something he singularly failed to do.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Least we didn't lose & scored a great goal. Other than 20/25 minutes in the first half, we were shocking .

Thought the subs were poor today. Thought Cunha & Hwang could/should have been hooked at around 65/70. They looked finished and have pretty much played the last two games. Sarabia should never have gone off.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had to watch it from my hotel room. During the second half I tidied my room and reorganized my suitcase and got rid of some belly button fluff. All in all a better result than 1-1.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's face it, we've been consistently poor since Neto's injury, and the standard of football under O'Neil is overrated. This was one of the worst form sides in the league, at home, yet we were lucky to escape with a point given Forest put a header over from point blank, hit the bar (offside?) and Sa saved a one-on-one. We are also seeing the same familiar patterns... Wolves vulnerable to a goal within the first 15 minutes? Check. A goal coming from right wing cross to the back post, where Semedo barely bothers to jump? Check. Questionable subs, like Doc at left back and Sasa on the wrong side of the 90 minute mark? Check.

Our first meaningful shot on goal took 30 minutes to arrive. Then, the only moment of genuine quality for Wolves in the entire game, comes from a player who is starting to find his feet in this team (Sarabia) picking out a player who is starting to find the net regularly (Cunha). A promising partnership in the making? Sarabia gives me Moutinho vibes insomuch how he takes down difficult balls like it's the easiest thing in the world. Of course, Gazza hooks him off after an hour (he didn't look happy), when the completely anonymous Hwang gets the full 90.

Meanwhile Bournemouth, who some of our great and good mocked after sacking Gary and appointing that rando from Spain, are on level points with us tonight after pumping Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom