Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

For ****'s sake... sign a striker and stop making excuses

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He really should be playing near every game at what ever level he is at at that age.
But he won't unless he drops down to the championship because he just isn't that good.
Is that the best reply you could come up with @WolfInSheep'sClothing
Like saying about Bully only scoring 4 goals for England in 13 games yet like Origi for LIverpool how many times out of those 94 games has he come off the bench for last 10, 15 or 20 mins. I think I recall him scoring 1 or 2 against us coming off the bench?
I think I'm right in saying Bully got less than half of his 13 caps for England from off the bench. Proving you can't always go by some stats.
Point is you could make exactly the same arguments for cutrone and I'm guessing you won't.
Last season they both got 4 goals from about 830 minutes.
And the one season he went on loan to wolfsburg and played consistently he got just 6 goals.
He just a) isn't a proven goalscorer
and b) ain't that good;
Which is why they spent the money on Jota and Minamino.
We might marginally improve our team, but I'd rather see cutrone play if I'm honest.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At his latest press conference, Nuno said: “This is a transfer window that is always hard but it’s become harder with the new situations. The situation of Brexit and not allowing European players, all these things."
Maybe this why no-one is coming in. We know how hard it is to get players from Britain in January.
I read we couldn't sign under 18's and no more than 3 foreign players in one window. Is there anything else, I can't understand why that would stop us. Maybe the travel ban for covid could have a bearing from some countries namely Portugal and Brazil.

D

Deleted member 8913

I read we couldn't sign under 18's and no more than 3 foreign players in one window. Is there anything else, I can't understand why that would stop us. Maybe the travel ban for covid could have a bearing from some countries namely Portugal and Brazil.
Don’t think we have a good handle on the new rules..there used to be free movement of labor in Europe....now you need a work permit and visa ...this involves plenty paper the FA and the home office.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he won't unless he drops down to the championship because he just isn't that good.
Point is you could make exactly the same arguments for cutrone and I'm guessing you won't.
Last season they both got 4 goals from about 830 minutes.
And the one season he went on loan to wolfsburg and played consistently he got just 6 goals.
He just a) isn't a proven goalscorer
and b) ain't that good;
Which is why they spent the money on Jota and Minamino.
We might marginally improve our team, but I'd rather see cutrone play if I'm honest.

Some logic coming from you at last @WolfInSheep'sClothing . I agree about Cutrone exactly if you look on the PC thread I'm saying same as you there.He needs to be given a second chance. Fabio is a prospect and has had enough chances since Raul's injury. But just ain't up to it yet for the PL. Patrick must start tomorrow. Or at least be given 45 minutes.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There has been some crazy posts on MM this week and this is another one added. @WolfInSheep'sClothing anybody would think you are spending your money. Divock Origi is a proven PL goal scorer for the Champions of the PL. a European & World Champion too.. Plus a Belgian International who are ranked No 1 team in the world. So you'd rather stick to 2 unproven novices than a PL pedigree player to buy in when it is so needed for us. Now we've lost Raul and only won 1 game in 9 now is it since?

CLUELESS COMMENTS!!
Forgive me but have to say I find you accusing someone posting CLUELESS COMMENTS ironic in the extreme, shall we start a poll?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some logic coming from you at last @WolfInSheep'sClothing . I agree about Cutrone exactly if you look on the PC thread I'm saying same as you there.He needs to be given a second chance. Fabio is a prospect and has had enough chances since Raul's injury. But just ain't up to it yet for the PL. Patrick must start tomorrow. Or at least be given 45 minutes.
I love the condescending way you managed to say "I am wrong"

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign Jovic on loan with an option to buy at a sensible price and I will be convinced that Fosun is still serious.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s already gone back on loan to Frankfurt ain’t he?
Fair enough. I did not know this but he is the kind of player we should be signing not as a long term Raul replacement but as someone who can play alongside Raul next season if all goes well but can bridge the gap this season. There should be others. Maxi Gomez?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair enough. I did not know this but he is the kind of player we should be signing not as a long term Raul replacement but as someone who can play alongside Raul next season if all goes well but can bridge the gap this season. There should be others. Maxi Gomez?

very high premium, probs priced out

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
TBH I don't know why we haven't just got Ronaldo. Portuguese and a Mendes client, surely if Mendes cares about us at all he would pull the strings and get us a proper player and not all these imposters he's been getting us just to rip us off.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wont sign anyone. There is no money.
I think this is it. Not sure about the money or also the ambition but Nuno said 'we have to find answers inside the squad' and back come Cutrone and MGW. Not good enough but perhaps good enough to just keep us in the Prem for another season and a chance to get Jiminez back and a summer of comings and goings. I've kind of got my head around it now but after last season's near miss it's pretty disheartening tbh.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always been impressed with Ighalo at United. He’s dropped hugely down the pecking order after doing well when first on loan. Not a slouch by any means and knows where the net is.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we were playing 5 at the back and pace in attack we're Wolverhampton we're on ar way back.Every player knew his position,as mentioned many times by the pundits.Now we are mostly playing 4 at the back the players are still learning where they are supposed to be on the pitch.I'd definitely gew back to wat we know for the remainder of the season.And work on the new system in the pre season training ready for the new season.Any striker coming in now will still have to work to Nuno's instructions,and we are not gonna get a striker of Rauls ability for peanuts.
All well and good but if we don't play 4 at the back now Nuno loses a big opportunity to see which of his current squad can play that system well. Unless things really go badly we are not in danger of going down so use the rest of the season as well as preseason to get things right for next season.

I think if we see the gap to the bottom three close significantly Nuno night change but as things stand i'm right behind the idea of getting things sorted for next season.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always been impressed with Ighalo at United. He’s dropped hugely down the pecking order after doing well when first on loan. Not a slouch by any means and knows where the net is.
Definitely a shout

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
All well and good but if we don't play 4 at the back now Nuno loses a big opportunity to see which of his current squad can play that system well. Unless things really go badly we are not in danger of going down so use the rest of the season as well as preseason to get things right for next season.

I think if we see the gap to the bottom three close significantly Nuno night change but as things stand i'm right behind the idea of getting things sorted for next season.
Which is fine but we have to steady the ship and arrest this worrying slide because we have some tough fixtures on the horizon and until we do I will remain worried .

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said for a while that Lucas Joao from Reading would be an excellent shout. 13 goals in 17 games this season so far. There have been numerous examples of players in the Champ going on to be hugely successful. Closest to home would probably be Keane and Lescott.

My mate is a Reading fan, and he keeps saying “hands off Lucas Joao”... says he’s the difference for them between mid-table obscurity and staying in the promotion race.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is fine but we have to steady the ship and arrest this worrying slide because we have some tough fixtures on the horizon and until we do I will remain worried .
Put an insurance £10 on then. 66/1.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to bet against us .Just desperate for a win
I'm not having a go at you here, was just wondering what your logic is behind that?

For me, just because I lay Wolves doesn't mean I *want* them to lose. It means that if the result I don't want to happen occurs, I at least have a few quid for a silver lining. I see lots of people on here think similarly, with a few heaping on west brom today.

Where does the "I won't bet against Wolves" come from? Realistically why do you not like to do it?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not having a go at you here, was just wondering what your logic is behind that?

For me, just because I lay Wolves doesn't mean I *want* them to lose. It means that if the result I don't want to happen occurs, I at least have a few quid for a silver lining. I see lots of people on here think similarly, with a few heaping on west brom today.

Where does the "I won't bet against Wolves" come from? Realistically why do you not like to do it?
Support with your heart, bet with your head!

Betting on successive relegations under Mick and the Saunders helped ease the pain.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as my natural instinct is to, I cannot disagree with any of this !

he ay left.

We know where the problem is,we ay scoring goals and we're letting more goals in than usual.Ok we're short on regular first team players through injury.But wim slowly sliding down the league and who knows in this day and age what could happen.I'm actually all for Nuno changing the style or at least just giving us a plan B.BUT do that wen he's got his full first team,not with kids who are lacking experience.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is how I do it if I have a bet on the match,and it's usually in the ground at the kiosk.I always have an away win and a draw,If wolves win I'm more happier but if I do get the away result at least there's some money coming back to drown my sorrows.Got to be honest though it's not a regular thing for me to bet these days .

Edited to say.I'd never bet on an Albion ****) result.NEVER.

This is for,Lets all have a disco.In case he gets on his high oss.

Last edited:

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we get a refund on Silva and sign Ivan Toney. Please.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is how I do it if I have a bet on the match,and it's usually in the ground at the kiosk.I always have an away win and a draw,If wolves win I'm more happier but if I do get the away result at least there's some money coming back to drown my sorrows.Got to be honest though it's not a regular thing for me to bet these days .
I am such a mark punter at matches. Every time I get to the kiosk and read the special bets, I get suckered in and heap on anything and everything I have in my pockets. Not once has one of those bets come in.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

Just that old habits die hard and I can’t bring myself to do it .If others do so be it

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My mate is a Reading fan, and he keeps saying “hands off Lucas Joao”... says he’s the difference for them between mid-table obscurity and staying in the promotion race.
From what I've seen of him (albeit against crap opposition) he looks ace!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You were right. Five at the back from now on as we don't have the players to play four. Coady is a sweeper, not a midfielder, right back and definitely not a centre half.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too would go to a back three with wingbacks. Try and tighten things up and get back to basics

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What worries me is that today's result will draw attention to our poor defensive response but take away attention from our blunt attack because we scored two goals against the worst or next worst team in the division. Yes Silva scored at last and did okish. But no way is he what we need right now. Nor is Cutrone perhaps but he deserves more than 13 minutes for God's sake. Terrible misses from both of them today.
The rot has set in since Jiminez was put out of action. Why the club are not urgently dealing with this and still bumbling around on the 16th January I just do not know. If relegation is now looming then money surely is no object to get us out of this jam. Surely a big loan fee is not too much to ask for to help sort this out? The players are out there and we need to be much more aggressive to get someone in. I am fed up of hearing only excuses. Its very difficult blah blah. Of course it is difficult but not impoissible at all. Get a bloody striker in, go back to 3 at the back in the old system. That works but only if you have a proper attack. Exasperated. This team badly needs the kind of lift the bringing in of a quality striker would achieve. Wake up Wolves!

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What worries me is that today's result will draw attention to our poor defensive response but take away attention from our blunt attack because we scored two goals against the worst or next worst team in the division. Yes Silva scored at last and did okish. But no way is he what we need right now. Nor is Cutrone perhaps but he deserves more than 13 minutes for God's sake. Terrible misses from both of them today.
The rot has set in since Jiminez was put out of action. Why the club are not urgently dealing with this and still bumbling around on the 16th January I just do not know. If relegation is now looming then money surely is no object to get us out of this jam. Surely a big loan fee is not too much to ask for to help sort this out? The players are out there and we need to be much more aggressive to get someone in. I am fed up of hearing only excuses. Its very difficult blah blah. Of course it is difficult but not impoissible at all. Get a bloody striker in, go back to 3 at the back in the old system. That works but only if you have a proper attack. Exasperated. This team badly needs the kind of lift the bringing in of a quality striker would achieve. Wake up Wolves!
The rot set in by scoring more goals per game?

Back
Top Bottom