Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Football Manager 2018

Screenshot 2018-02-27 at 12.47.50.png

If you can afford Gomez, get him. Not sure how he develops later in the game, but he is mustard for me at the minute.

Typical that they score with their only shot on target...

Screenshot 2018-03-03 at 11.46.54.png

Gifted Dadi them two goals just for the memories of Blues away.

Can go nineteen points clear of second placed Leeds if we beat them in the week.

Mind the gap...

Has everyone else given up?

Screenshot 2018-03-10 at 12.30.01.png

Seventeen clear of third with nine games to go...

Villa are 14th so it's a bad result truth to be told. Nevertheless, we go again against Burton

Screenshot 2018-03-17 at 09.50.16.png Screenshot 2018-03-17 at 09.50.40.png

Not a bad day's work...

Nineteen clear of second; gunning for Reading's record, yet the attendances are still below 25,000!!! Can't get my head around it

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
So after losing in the Championship playoffs with Salford, I decided to come back to my Wolves save, and it's been a smooth ride.

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 2.04.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 2.05.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 2.05.57 AM.png

I've discovered some amazing regens, and one of them actually won the Ballon D'Or, and he's only 21!

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 2.09.33 AM.png

I've still got Neves, but he's not as consistent as he used to be. Still wanted by Real and Barcelona, so I might finally sell him sometime soon.

Jota's still amazing... and only 27 -

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 2.13.06 AM.png

And surprisingly, Iorfa was my first choice right back until last season. I sold him to Watford for £23.5M and he's doing **** now :D

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 2.13.27 AM.png

Anyway, as you guys can see I'm loving this year's installment of the game, and I've really enjoyed my Wolves save :)

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been playing the touch version on my Switch. I wish I could have 5 nations instead of 3.

Right now I'm just doing a World Cup with Canada. Going to be some rough qualifications, but fingers are crossed for a miracle.

Going to start a Wolves season after. Not sure which nations to use. Probably Germany and either Portugal, Italy, or MLS (USA/Canada).

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been playing the touch version on my Switch. I wish I could have 5 nations instead of 3.

Right now I'm just doing a World Cup with Canada. Going to be some rough qualifications, but fingers are crossed for a miracle.

Going to start a Wolves season after. Not sure which nations to use. Probably Germany and either Portugal, Italy, or MLS (USA/Canada).

How good is the touch one, had the fm15 one has it improved much since?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How good is the touch one, had the fm15 one has it improved much since?
This is the first year I've played touch. I'm on the go more so had to sacrifice the full version.

It's still pretty darn solid. A lot better than the mobile version I tried. It's similar to the older series games. No pressers, etc.

The only thing I really hate is the nation restriction being at 3. I wish it was at least 5. But it's still a good experience on the go.

Unfortunately, I have no idea if the 15 version is improved on.

Liamburns1993

Reaction score
Is that a 3d regen facepack if so have you got a download link
So after losing in the Championship playoffs with Salford, I decided to come back to my Wolves save, and it's been a smooth ride.

View attachment 5317

View attachment 5318

View attachment 5319

I've discovered some amazing regens, and one of them actually won the Ballon D'Or, and he's only 21!

View attachment 5320

I've still got Neves, but he's not as consistent as he used to be. Still wanted by Real and Barcelona, so I might finally sell him sometime soon.

View attachment 5322

And surprisingly, Iorfa was my first choice right back until last season. I sold him to Watford for £23.5M and he's doing **** now :D

View attachment 5323

Anyway, as you guys can see I'm loving this year's installment of the game, and I've really enjoyed my Wolves save :)

Reaction score

View attachment 5317

View attachment 5318

View attachment 5319

View attachment 5320

View attachment 5322

View attachment 5323

I hope you gave the Scout that found that guy a payrise, pretty tasty for a 21 year old.
Half a billion quid in the Bank, nice work! I'm in Feb 2023, top of the Prem, knock out stages of Champions League, 6th rd FA Cup, final of League Cup...Moli now holds 40k which I'm filling out, season net transfer spend was -25m, I'm 300k a week under the salary allowance...yet I'm 20m overdrawn! Either the Bhatti's are back, or something isn't quite right!

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I won the Championship first season, Jota wouldn't sign for me, I got a 42 million offer for Neves from PSG and sold him. My second season, I came 5th in the PL and was runnerup in the FA cup. Man Utd, hammered me there. I've just started season three and found out I've messed up. Although trying to buy homegrown players, I realised when I have to register for the EC that I don't have enough in the first team or under 23's, so I have to bring up some under 18's. This also means I have to leave out a couple of "stars" and the squad don't like it :)

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I've just bought the game and started off with Salford.

Hepburn-Murphy from Aston Villa got me all the way to the top! Also Will Randall from Wolves, and Armani Little from Southampton!

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
@DarrenRobertsDebut oh yes, he’s my chief scout and no way is he leaving! His surname is Guzman, he’s got 20 for scouting current ability and 20 for scouting potential ability!

Also, I buy a lot of young players and farm them out on loan for loan fees. A million here and there, and then I sell them on if they’re not good enough. It makes good money on the side. I also try not to pay crazy wages, and my record signing stands at £30M for a wonderkid from West Brom which I’m hoping will be the next Steve Bull!

Reaction score
@DarrenRobertsDebut oh yes, he’s my chief scout and no way is he leaving! His surname is Guzman, he’s got 20 for scouting current ability and 20 for scouting potential ability!

Also, I buy a lot of young players and farm them out on loan for loan fees. A million here and there, and then I sell them on if they’re not good enough. It makes good money on the side. I also try not to pay crazy wages, and my record signing stands at £30M for a wonderkid from West Brom which I’m hoping will be the next Steve Bull!
Cheers, I need to scout that Scout! Get him on my books if possible.
I see you're paying that wonderkid 225k a week, my highest earner is on 170k a week, so makes me think there's something chronically wrong with my accounting package!

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
@DarrenRobertsDebut Here's my Chief scout:

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 5.33.10 PM.png

And here is my squad, with wages going from highest earner to lowest:

(Note: Renato Sanches might be moved on because he's not performing consistently anymore, despite being the highest earner at the club!)
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 5.33.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 5.34.34 PM.png

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Also, I tend to get a lot of affiliate clubs, so that I have can send players out on loan to them, have a first option on their transfers, and they send youth players that come through my academy. Here they are:

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 5.30.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 5.30.53 PM.png Shanghai are the newest partners, and I picked them because they tend to play any decent quality loanee, and also because of our "rumored" link in real life!

EDIT: Note that Telford are in League One. That's all thanks to my loanees. And not Rob Edwards :D

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 4.58.09 PM.png

Finally here's a look at the club information tab. Apparently I've developed a rivalry with Chelsea. I'm yet to be thought of as a legend, though. Sitting at the top of the Icons list (I'm playing as Nuno). Diogo is already a legend. And for some reason, Neves is only Favoured Personnel despite making more than 200 appearances for the club already.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Y’all nerds and I love it.

I’m taking Oxford to the Prem this season, I can feel it. Took them to the League Cup semifinals but United did them in bad :(

It’s the first year I’ve owned it, I only have touch but it steals so much of my time

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone played with the new update where there are no work permits but a limit of 14 foreign players? It's quite difficult because if they're foreign and under 21 they still have to be registered and you need 11 players of U.K. Nationality in the squad ...

I won the league 3rd season and the Europa League. Still got Iorfa, Hause, neves, cav, Costa and Jota.

Signed Cutrone last season from AC Milan and he's been awesome. Also have Neres and Malcolm and trying to start to bring some kids through which is the one benefit of no work permits as you can get brazilians and Argentinians fairly cheap.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Canada sucks really bad. I just had trouble beating Belize. Won 3-1, but it was 1-1 till the 77th.

I'm not even sure we'll get to the Hex.

Reaction score
View attachment 5349

Finally here's a look at the club information tab. Apparently I've developed a rivalry with Chelsea. I'm yet to be thought of as a legend, though. Sitting at the top of the Icons list (I'm playing as Nuno). Diogo is already a legend. And for some reason, Neves is only Favoured Personnel despite making more than 200 appearances for the club already.
Cheers for this, an absolute wealth of information! Affiliates sounds like a plan.
Amazing how different these games pan out. Dec 2022 in my game Moli got developed but only to 39,500 seats, and we kept playing there; during construction it was down to 25,500, which hurt for 4 months of the season. I seem to remember some on here the home games moved to Stoke, and you have 39k season ticket holders, so capacity must be around 50k? Guess I p*ssed off the guy (or gal!) with the purse strings when I first started! Could probably do with another 10-15k as I'm filling the place out every week. Time will tell, unless they bring in the bailiffs first...

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Anyone played with the new update where there are no work permits but a limit of 14 foreign players?

That’s not an update. It’s one of the Brexit possibilities that are coded into the game. I got that same one, so I get to sign lots of young foreign players and then farm them out on loan!

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Moli got developed but only to 39,500 seats

I asked them to expand the stadium when I won my second UCL and they wanted me to sign a new contract. It’s a neat way of getting the board to do what you want. You don’t sign unless they meet your set condition, so they tend to meet it easily, unless your finances don’t allow it.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just bought it on sale last night, 2 mins left to go.

Started unemployed as I always do. At Tamworth and just outside the play offs 12 games in.

Bought in Seb and he's terrible. Didn't really know how good I needed players to be and gave him a contract that's too good for him and trying to cut him lose. Scored 1 in 14 games so far. 2 star, gave him 2 grand sign on and 800 a week 2 year deal....

But outside of Seb made some nice moves, all free agents. Jacob Blyth former Leicester City striker, Nathen Doyle former Luton midfielder, Remi Streete former Newcastle centre half and De Girolamo, former Blades wonderkid Attacking midfielder. All 5 star players and carrying the team. Need help in every other position. A lot of former Wolves kids at the team too. Reid and Regan Upton the ones in the match day squad .

Playing 5212, as I wanted to get Blyth, De Girolamo and Bradley Reid/Seb playing. Tried 4312 but lacked width, so dropped a midfielder to allow the wing backs a bit more freedom going forward. Very inconsistent so far. Struggling against the bottom teams a lot. Might be down to me struggling to win when I have more of the ball.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s not an update. It’s one of the Brexit possibilities that are coded into the game. I got that same one, so I get to sign lots of young foreign players and then farm them out on loan!

Ahh ok, how are you getting around the foreign players rule if you're loaning the youngsters out, I've got a fair few sitting in the under 23's doing nothing just so I can ensure they get HG status?

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Ahh ok, how are you getting around the foreign players rule if you're loaning the youngsters out, I've got a fair few sitting in the under 23's doing nothing just so I can ensure they get HG status?

The good ones I play and I try to get as early as possible so they can become homegrown. See my Ballon D’Or winner above. He’ll become HG after this season. The ones that aren’t good enough but have potential I loan out and I check for their development constantly. If they go out to a club from August to December and they’re not performing or not getting game time, I recall them and loan them out elsewhere. A lot of the players I end up selling for a nice profit and they rarely get to play for Wolves. I’ll post a few examples in a bit.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I signed Leão on a free, thinking maybe I could use him after having sold Cavaleiro. Because of foreign player limits, I ended up loaning him out and keeping Sessegnon, who is HG. I farmed him out for decent loan fees then moved him on to Schalke where he was having a fairly **** loan spell! I made a massive profit on him and he made no appearances for Wolves.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 3.32.43 AM.png

I got this winger from Portugal and he had 5 star potential. He was a massive 6'3" and was more suited to the Wide Target Man role, which I have no use for in my tactics. His potential went down and I moved him on for a big fee. I would have kept him if his potential hadn't gone down. I actually wanted to play him at the beginning of the season, but because of the foreign player limit, I had to loan him out and I brought in a HG winger, Tahith Chong.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 3.33.11 AM.png

I signed Barco thinking I would use him but he turned out to be not good enough once he joined, and I was paying him massive £100k+ p/w wages. I loaned him out to Celta, who were covering all of his wages, and I moved him on the next season, making a huge profit on him.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 3.33.52 AM.png

This guy had 5 star potential, but he got injured in his loan spell with Frankfurt. After that, he became injured pretty often, but I was determined to play him. Ultimately, I moved him on, and it seems to be a good decision. I have a 25% sell on clause on any profit they make, so I'll hopefully make more than the £7.5M I got.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 3.34.24 AM.png

These are the players that worked out for me -

I got this guy for absolute peanuts. He's a Colombian wonderkid, who I sent on loan to Denmark, where his team lost the title to FC Copenhagen on the last day of the season by drawing their last match. After that, I sent him to Rennes, where they got relegated despite the help of his goals. He came back a very good striker, and I kept him so I could tutor him. He's now my second choice striker.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 3.48.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 3.34.47 AM.png

I scouted this kid for a while, before his contract with Galatasaray expired. I sent him on loan for half a season, and he came back a good rotation option. He's now developed into a leading Premier League striker, and has 5 star potential (currently 4 star). He's now my first choice striker, since I'm planning on selling Isaak soon.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 3.50.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 3.35.35 AM.png

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice work @Erick1011 , I didn't buy FM this season, first season I've ever missed of it but other aspects in my life have finally taken over and I just don't have the time to dedicate to FM. I love harking back to it though!

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I signed Leão on a free, thinking maybe I could use him after having sold Cavaleiro. Because of foreign player limits, I ended up loaning him out and keeping Sessegnon, who is HG. I farmed him out for decent loan fees then moved him on to Schalke where he was having a fairly **** loan spell! I made a massive profit on him and he made no appearances for Wolves.

View attachment 5357

I got this winger from Portugal and he had 5 star potential. He was a massive 6'3" and was more suited to the Wide Target Man role, which I have no use for in my tactics. His potential went down and I moved him on for a big fee. I would have kept him if his potential hadn't gone down. I actually wanted to play him at the beginning of the season, but because of the foreign player limit, I had to loan him out and I brought in a HG winger, Tahith Chong.

View attachment 5356

I signed Barco thinking I would use him but he turned out to be not good enough once he joined, and I was paying him massive £100k+ p/w wages. I loaned him out to Celta, who were covering all of his wages, and I moved him on the next season, making a huge profit on him.

View attachment 5355

This guy had 5 star potential, but he got injured in his loan spell with Frankfurt. After that, he became injured pretty often, but I was determined to play him. Ultimately, I moved him on, and it seems to be a good decision. I have a 25% sell on clause on any profit they make, so I'll hopefully make more than the £7.5M I got.

View attachment 5354

These are the players that worked out for me -

I got this guy for absolute peanuts. He's a Colombian wonderkid, who I sent on loan to Denmark, where his team lost the title to FC Copenhagen on the last day of the season by drawing their last match. After that, I sent him to Rennes, where they got relegated despite the help of his goals. He came back a very good striker, and I kept him so I could tutor him. He's now my second choice striker.

View attachment 5358

View attachment 5353

I scouted this kid for a while, before his contract with Galatasaray expired. I sent him on loan for half a season, and he came back a good rotation option. He's now developed into a leading Premier League striker, and has 5 star potential (currently 4 star). He's now my first choice striker, since I'm planning on selling Isaak soon.

View attachment 5359

View attachment 5352

Looks very good mate, I think I'm going to start trying to get some HG youngsters in from other academies as well as farming foreigner youngsters. I've got 3 youngsters from Argentina and Portugal who are in my first team squad but from now on if they're not good enough it looks like i'm better loaning them out. That was what I was doing on my previous save and it was a good money maker but the different rules threw me a bit as I'm struggling to meet HG players rule as it is and was thinking long term.

Just out of interest what type of transfer budgets are you getting each year now? I got £50 mil this year after winning the league and Europa but Man City seem to be getting ridiculous amounts, they brought a guy from Barca for £123mil (cash because of release clause) and Tiago Miahia (sp) from me for £50 mil cash along with others and don't seem to have made any big sales. Do you ever get that sort of money at Wolves?

D

Deleted member 5962

upload_2018-5-8_15-4-57.png

£150 Million offer for Neves after 2 seasons on this save...

Man City throw insane money around in all of my saves tbh.. Its crazy.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
@The Wolf Of Wombourne I have about a £450M budget that I don’t use. As you can see, my transfer record is £30M, and that’s from this season. I try to keep my spending to a minimum because my squad is good enough to challenge for the title and I have a conveyor belt of talent coming in from the previous purchases I’ve made.

I’m more of a bargain hunter than a big spender. There’s a player from Barça I’d like to buy who is rated at around £112M, but honestly I’d rather develop another midfielder to a 5 star rating than throw silly money around. There’s a reason I have half a billion in the bank.

Also, I had Thiago Maia as well! I wasn’t too impressed and I sold him to United.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
@The Wolf Of Wombourne I have about a £450M budget that I don’t use. As you can see, my transfer record is £30M, and that’s from this season. I try to keep my spending to a minimum because my squad is good enough to challenge for the title and I have a conveyor belt of talent coming in from the previous purchases I’ve made.

I’m more of a bargain hunter than a big spender. There’s a player from Barça I’d like to buy who is rated at around £112M, but honestly I’d rather develop another midfielder to a 5 star rating than throw silly money around. There’s a reason I have half a billion in the bank.

Also, I had Thiago Maia as well! I wasn’t too impressed and I sold him to United.

Seems sensible to me, I'm struggling to improve the squad with the money I'm getting at the minute, my record signing is Wendell for 32.5 mil who was to replace Maia.

I don't really have any world class players and still waiting for the youngsters to develop, think I'll probably finish 2nd to city this year although I'm only 2 games in to the 20/21 season.

Problem is the board complain I'm not making high profile signings even though I've signed wendell, tierney and wilshere in the window just gone!

Think I need to move on one of palisic or Pineda next year and possible costa and Cav, my squads pretty big tbh having to compensate for having Hause, iorfa and rob holding to adhere to the rules.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank god it's only a friendly, but we lost to St. Lucia, 3-2. LOL

I used a bunch of U20's and some guys far down the depth chart in two friendlies against Bahamas and St. Lucia. We beat Bahamas easily with a couple U20's looking fantastic. That unfortunately didn't follow over against St. Lucia. Yikes.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Problem is the board complain I'm not making high profile signings

The first thing I did when taking over was get rid of that silly policy and adopt one of developing our own players. With that policy, the board will always be more willing to spend money into upgrading youth facilities, scouting, et cetera. It's easy to meet to, as long as you're playing the young players that you bring from abroad, it counts as "developing" them.

Back
Top Bottom