Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Flat earth FC

• Thread starter Deleted at request of member 4337
  • Start date

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That curvature was just caused by the lens in the camera.
Ha... I was wondering why the phone camera was always taking curved horizon photo's when on earth... :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3573J

For some reason I cant see Raoul Duke's original message...

At work we launched a weather balloon, with gps and phone attached just last month. Recorded video none stop until we relocated the device. The video clearly shows a curved earth before the balloon popped and fell to earth... My point is its not hard at all to see a curved earth even on land you can see if you have a zoom lens and long enough viewing distance.

It's hard not to feed them as I expect most are on wind ups...

Fish eye lens on the camera no doubt. It is hard to see the curve of the earth on land, actually it is impossible, climb the highest mountain and you won't be high enough. As for ships on the horizon, it's just a myth, its just perspective, stand in a long corridor at night and look at the lights on the ceiling, it's perfectly flat floor but the light appears to meet the floor. The same with ships, they just appear to go over the horizon, get a camera and zoom in and it reappears until eventually the camera isn't strong enough to zoom anymore and the ship gets lost where the sea and sky meet.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fish eye lens on the camera no doubt. It is hard to see the curve of the earth on land, actually it is impossible, climb the highest mountain and you won't be high enough. As for ships on the horizon, it's just a myth, its just perspective, stand in a long corridor at night and look at the lights on the ceiling, it's perfectly flat floor but the light appears to meet the floor. The same with ships, they just appear to go over the horizon, get a camera and zoom in and it reappears until eventually the camera isn't strong enough to zoom anymore and the ship gets lost where the sea and sky meet.

My post was from a weather balloon experiment we did, much much higher... we wasn't on land. in response to a poster stating its difficult to prove, im saying its not hard.

Its not the same as ships going over horizon, nothing reappears once its gone over the horizon unless you increase your altitude. 50k feet is the place at which you can see curvature. The horizon is about 3 miles from your point of view before curvature takes effect, if earth was flat you'd see a lot further.

At least this club got people taking about it which is what I think was the point of naming it this way...

D

Deleted member 4453

It's incredibly difficult for people to come to the realisation that they've spent their entire life believing something that is complete nonsense, and it's obviously much easier to sit back comfortably and attempt to mock it with the full range of old Dad Jokes regarding the subject.

I would encourage anybody to actually go and find some real proof for yourselves that we live on a big spinning ball, you might be very surprised how difficult it is when you actually open your eyes and look properly rather than just regurgitating what you were told at school.

I actually watched a video this morning that turns into a bit of a rant, but has some interesting points at the start. Why not give it a watch and have a few minutes off worrying about new signings..

I don't know what was playing in the background but very relaxing...
Like you say goes into a rant halfway through about God and a creator, ruined the ambience tbh :rolleyes:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do you need a fisheye lens? Who says light has to travel in straight lines. That's what they want you to think.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine your life being so **** you actually convince yourself that the earth is flat, just to try and have some sort of purpose about you. It's about as pathetic as anti-vaxers. Very sad.

Ps. To link my rant to football - Arsenal midfielder John Jensen had a clause in his contract saying he isnt allowed to go to space, as it was a big ambition of his.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People cling to the idea of conspiracy, to the point they disregard facts. Convinced a higher power is trying to have power over them.

Its like the moon landing, a huge conspiracy that it was fake and the government filmed it in a hanger... At the time it would have been cheaper / easier to actually send them to the moon :rolleyes:
The Apollo program cost $25 billion in 60’s dollars.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Imagine your life being so **** you actually convince yourself that the earth is flat, just to try and have some sort of purpose about you. It's about as pathetic as anti-vaxers. Very sad.

Ps. To link my rant to football - Arsenal midfielder John Jensen had a clause in his contract saying he isnt allowed to go to space, as it was a big ambition of his.
Thats amazing! but I guess as we get closer to space travel this will become a popular request... and in turn debunk the flat earthers at the same time... oh unless they use fish eye windows.

At least flat earthers arent harming anyones health. Anti Vaxers are killing children and putting other kids at risk too young to make a decision.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Apollo program cost $25 billion in 60’s dollars.
Whats your point? You know how difficult it would have been to actually fake the landing in that decade? the technology was just not available.... theres a very good documentary from a film maker on this very subject, I suggest watching it... he explains the sheer logistics of processing the data is almost impossible.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's why we have flat worms and flat fish and flat feet, Flat is the way to go !

D

Deleted member 3573J

My post was from a weather balloon experiment we did, much much higher... we wasn't on land. in response to a poster stating its difficult to prove, im saying its not hard.

Its not the same as ships going over horizon, nothing reappears once its gone over the horizon unless you increase your altitude. 50k feet is the place at which you can see curvature. The horizon is about 3 miles from your point of view before curvature takes effect, if earth was flat you'd see a lot further.

At least this club got people taking about it which is what I think was the point of naming it this way...

The ships do reappear though, try it the next time you're at the sea, watch the boat disappear with the naked eye then zoom in with a camera and it reappears again, then it disappears again because the camera's zoom is not strong enough to pick it up. Add into that that the ship gets smaller the further away it goes, it simply gets lost where the sea and sky appear to join, not that it drops over the curve.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Whats your point? You know how difficult it would have been to actually fake the landing in that decade? the technology was just not available.... theres a very good documentary from a film maker on this very subject, I suggest watching it... he explains the sheer logistics of processing the data is almost impossible.

He's been debunked many times, if I recall correctly he claims the moonwalk couldn't have been faked by using slow motion because high-speed cameras hadn't been invented yet. But unfortunately they were invented in 1950 by Morton Sultanoff. He looks the part and appears to be an expert though I'll give him that, don't be fooled by deceivers.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats amazing! but I guess as we get closer to space travel this will become a popular request... and in turn debunk the flat earthers at the same time... oh unless they use fish eye windows.

At least flat earthers arent harming anyones health. Anti Vaxers are killing children and putting other kids at risk too young to make a decision.

Yeh fully agree. Different ball park.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The ships do reappear though, try it the next time you're at the sea, watch the boat disappear with the naked eye then zoom in with a camera and it reappears again, then it disappears again because the camera's zoom is not strong enough to pick it up. Add into that that the ship gets smaller the further away it goes, it simply gets lost where the sea and sky appear to join, not that it drops over the curve.
Your talking about atmospheric lensing... you see the same thing when the sun sets and you can see the tip of the sun and a line pass right through it which is the atmosphere.

Discovery did an experiment a while back, quite interesting even though its associated with a flat earth theory. So are they special curved lasers?:

W

Wolfgang Wolf

why don't the loonys start a flat moon society, or a flat sun society ?

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t worry folks, it’s just evangelical propaganda..there are no dinosaurs in the Bible but there are a handful of references to dragons; the firmament is a solid dome that surrounds the earth and has all the visible stars attached to it, the universe was created from the earth outwards don’t forget, and the lights were only put there so that Adam could see where he was going at night, that is the nature of the cosmos and anything that contradicts this is false.

Now, have we signed anyone yet? :D

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I recently flew from New Zealand to Chile heading East ( or so the compass told me).

I actually did arrive there too, flying over the Andes into Santiago was spectacular.

How is that possible if the Earth is flat - was my compass faulty?

D

Deleted member 3573J

I recently flew from New Zealand to Chile heading East ( or so the compass told me).

I actually did arrive there too, flying over the Andes into Santiago was spectacular.

How is that possible if the Earth is flat - was my compass faulty?

Conceptual-scheme.jpg

You're over there in the west on the flat earth so flying east would be about right. Although other flat earthers have you up in the north east.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Conceptual-scheme.jpg

You're over there in the west on the flat earth so flying east would be about right. Although other flat earthers have you up in the north east.

I'm more impressed with those round the world yacht races now to be fair, must be about 50,000 miles round the Southern Ocean. And as for the people who walk across Antartica God knows what they're up to. There must be someone who's taken a picture over the edge by now surely?

So I'll try again,
You don't believe the Earth is flat, can we check on....
Stars are fixed on the firmament.
Stars aren't like the Sun.
Satellites aren't real.
Nobody has been to the Moon.
Fossil fuels are self-replenishing.
9/11 was an inside job.
The world is 6000 years old
God sent His Son to save us.

All for fun? All serious? Percentage probability for each? Give us a clue Jim.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm it took me 12 hours to get to Chile (in the air) but took me 25 hours of flying time to get back to the UK in March.

Looking at your map Jim, I think airlines must be in on the conspiracy :rolleyes:

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm more impressed with those round the world yacht races now to be fair, must be about 50,000 miles round the Southern Ocean. And as for the people who walk across Antartica God knows what they're up to. There must be someone who's taken a picture over the edge by now surely?

So I'll try again,
You don't believe the Earth is flat, can we check on....
Stars are fixed on the firmament.
Stars aren't like the Sun.
Satellites aren't real.
Nobody has been to the Moon.
Fossil fuels are self-replenishing.
9/11 was an inside job.
The world is 6000 years old
God sent His Son to save us.

All for fun? All serious? Percentage probability for each? Give us a clue Jim.

You missed off dinosaurs not being real but humans and dragons coexisted. :D

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
@Jim Bowen When Concorde was flying you were able to see the curviture of the earth from it as it flew so high. If supersonic flight becomes a thing in the coming years (which is very possible) will you take a trip to settle your beliefs once and for all?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Lightning fighters, we regularly operated above airliners, commonly 45-50,000 feet and you couldn’t detect the curvature.

A few times operated at 60,000+ and it was quite obvious. (Aircraft became a bit twitchy though as you approached ‘coffin corner’)

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On Lightning fighters, we regularly operated above airliners, commonly 45-50,000 feet and you couldn’t detect the curvature.

A few times operated at 60,000+ and it was quite obvious. (Aircraft became a bit twitchy though as you approached ‘coffin corner’)
Thats high... I would be a bit twitchy too!

Our balloon hit an altitude of 124000 and the camera attached was clearly showing curvature... same as most videos of this experiment on you tube. Fish eye lens is always the go to excuse for these guys but it wasnt fish eye when we attached it to balloon and sent on its way...

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Here you can see the shadow of earth during a partial lunar eclipse the moons have been comped together over time... Quite ridiculous people need to be shown this stuff...
upload_2019-7-2_8-49-24.png

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So with the flat earth theory, if I flew Westabout to NZ. Then continued flying West, what would happen? ( I realise we are going south as well but ignore that)

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So with the flat earth theory, if I flew Westabout to NZ. Then continued flying West, what would happen? ( I realise we are going south as well but ignore that)
Your supposed to hit an ice wall of some kind, or the government catch you and pull you back like the Trueman Show film. No im not making fun... this is what they believe. Some also believe there are more countries past the wall with alien creatures roaming around.... :D

D

Deleted member 3573J

@Jim Bowen When Concorde was flying you were able to see the curviture of the earth from it as it flew so high. If supersonic flight becomes a thing in the coming years (which is very possible) will you take a trip to settle your beliefs once and for all?

I think it's just a trick of the own mind, your mind "knows" there's a curve, you think you're high enough to see it so convince yourself there's a curve. I've spoken to people who are adamant they can see the curve from the top of a high hill or mountain, they only see it because they are looking for it.

Here's a balloon from 121000 feet, no curve so I don't think we see it from our plane window either, I've been there and done it when I was younger, convinced myself I could see the curve, I just tricked myself though.

As far as I can see this video isn't trying to prove the earth is flat or a globe so completely impartial.

Back
Top Bottom