Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fixture anomoly.

P

Phys Ed Wolf

Funny how the fixtures can throw these things up sometimes. By strange coincidence all the clubs in the bottom half of the league play each other the weekend back after the internationals. Everton's home record really isn't that good. If we can get it right we can really create some space between us and the relegation places before we play Chelsea and Man Utd.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how the fixtures can throw these things up sometimes. By strange coincidence all the clubs in the bottom half of the league play each other the weekend back after the internationals. Everton's home record really isn't that good. If we can get it right we can really create some space between us and the relegation places before we play Chelsea and Man Utd.

That would be brilliant, but how many times do we fail to take advantage of a weekend like this. So many times other fixtures have given us an opportunity to move on and then we go on to lose.

Here`s hoping the tide has turned in our favour now. Everton are there for the taking at the moment.

P

Penk Wolf

I fear for Everton this year, especially with the promoted teams doing well. Other then their defence they have very little.

J

jabbawolf

I fear for Everton this year, especially with the promoted teams doing well. Other then their defence they have very little.

Penk - why did you do that - why did you get a big sharp pointy stick and jab it into fate's side - cue Drenthe ripping our full-backs apart, Saha having an on-day - if we lose I will lead the calls for "Penk OUT!"

P

Penk Wolf

Penk - why did you do that - why did you get a big sharp pointy stick and jab it into fate's side - cue Drenthe ripping our full-backs apart, Saha having an on-day - if we lose I will lead the calls for "Penk OUT!"

Now, I didn't say we would beat them, I said I feared for them over the full 38 games of the season.

S

spittlep

It would also be a good time to improve our record after international breaks, I can only remember us winning one over the last 2 seasons

J

Jungleee

It would also be a good time to improve our record after international breaks, I can only remember us winning one over the last 2 seasons

Would also be nie to improve our away record!

B

Brandons gramps

So, reading above...

Apart from never taking advantage of weekends like this, always being poor after an international break and; being poor away - we're a cert to win....

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton have started the last god knows how many seasons poorly but have always turn it around in the 2nd half of the season.

This season might look as though they'll struggle (which they really could) but history & form suggests otherwise. Hopefully they'll be without Cahill, Fellani and couple of their players pick up some knocks before we play them & our lot come through this next week or so injury free (how likely is that though?!?).

But I think I'm right in saying we've drawn our previous 2 games with Everton at their place? Maybe a narrow 1-0 win (ala Villa last season?).

D

Dewsburywolf

Everton have started the last god knows how many seasons poorly but have always turn it around in the 2nd half of the season.

Will they keep hold of Jagielka in January? Baines??

This season might look as though they'll struggle (which they really could) but history & form suggests otherwise. Hopefully they'll be without Cahill, Fellani and couple of their players pick up some knocks before we play them & our lot come through this next week or so injury free (how likely is that though?!?).

But I think I'm right in saying we've drawn our previous 2 games with Everton at their place? Maybe a narrow 1-0 win (ala Villa last season?).

Unless one of these supposed new investors come in they're going to have to offload one or two players to balance the books. Let's not forget they offloaded Pienaar in January & were hoping someone would take Rodwell off their hands in the Summer for the same reason. The Berkley (sp) kid's another one that they might be hoping to cash in on

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless one of these supposed new investors come in they're going to have to offload one or two players to balance the books. Let's not forget they offloaded Pienaar in January & were hoping someone would take Rodwell off their hands in the Summer for the same reason. The Berkley (sp) kid's another one that they might be hoping to cash in on

Ok so say they keep those two there team would be something similar to this-

Howard
Hibbert
Hetinga
Distan
Neville
Osman
Rodwell
Fellani
Drenthe (however you spell it)
Cahill
Saha

Still a side that's good enough to stay in the league comfortably.

P

Penk Wolf

Howard
Hibbert
Hetinga
Distan
Neville
Osman
Rodwell
Fellani
Cahill
Saha

That team has an average age of thirty and that includes a 20 year old and two 24 year olds. On paper it's not a bad team, but they will struggle late on in games and with injuries.

D

Dewsburywolf

Howard
Hibbert
Hetinga
Distan
Neville
Osman
Rodwell
Fellani
Cahill
Saha

You forgot Bilyaletdinov who ripped us a new one at our place last season & who's that other player they got in with Drenthe on transfer deadline day?

L

liquidatorwolf

You forgot Bilyaletdinov who ripped us a new one at our place last season & who's that other player they got in with Drenthe on transfer deadline day?

Vellios? I think it is anyway that spanish guy who scored a nice header on his debut

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Everton will be fine. They always finish seasons strongly.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we win at Everton it will be very important as teams around us will be dropping points. If however we lose the table will not look so good as teams around us pick up points.

This game is as big as any we've played in the last 2 1/2 seasons. IMO it will go a long way to defining how we do between now and the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom