Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fix the Roof

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
Fantastic game today, but can you please looknaat fixing the North Bank roof.

I'm like 25 rows back and still get drenched. Otherwise much love. Thanks.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score

I’ve got some cardboard in my shed. I’ll bring it with me next game. Bring some sellotape with you if possible, as I’m saving mine for Christmas.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On row 2 and agree its crap. However im not sure why everybody legged it after 60 mins, its only a bit of rain!

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
in the NB upper, dry as a bone. Dunno what people expect if they sit at the front, the only way the roof is keeping you dry is if it angles down towards the pitch...

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was lovely and dry in the pub, and the beer was good as well.....

N

nicko69

Fosun have enough money to buy new ground - never mind fix the roof.

Darbena

Reaction score

Fosun are talking to the architect for the future ground development , it’s a scary thought - I totally cringe when I see people getting drenched there, it's unforgivable poor design and not fit for purpose.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont know about the roof leaking, but the side of J10 is bloody wet and windy, now i know why i like it in the Quadrant..

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree.

I really, really do not want us to be building a new Molineux around Morgan’s cheap Wet Stand. :(
:mad:
Yes ... it’s a bit worrying that we have employed the same firm of architects.

Darbena

Reaction score
Yes ... it’s a bit worrying that we have employed the same firm of architects.
I agree but it’s more than worrying! It’s an appalling cheap & shoddy design.

They should go for something new & innovative- even something a little different than other grounds that will draw people to the city.

Reaction score
Few things seemed a bit amateurish today, asked the kid on the tills at the Northbank for a cup of tea and was told they didn’t have any teabags... this was like 90 mins before kickoff, whenever they opened the ground, not like a last minute request when the stocks had been depleted. Never mind, I’ll have a coffee. Then see the chap in the queue next to me being asked if he has anything smaller than a twenty cos they have no notes in the till... he didn’t and was handed 15 pound coins.
Not to mention the feedback from the PA system that was slowly increasing in volume for about 20 minutes.

The teabag/change thing just really confused me, did they forget that the season started today?!

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree but it’s more than worrying! It’s an appalling cheap & shoddy design.

They should go for something new & innovative- even something a little different than other grounds that will draw people to the city.

why do people think the stadiums will draw anyone to the city other than the people with match tickets?

no matter what design someone comes up with, if there isnt a closable roof youre going to get wet, get used to it

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
PA. was turned down at the request of B.T. You can’t blame Wolves.
Explains why we couldn't understand a word from shouty man and his new female assistant then :rolleyes: also whilst doing flags yesterday we got soaked half way back in the lower tier, rubbish stand for ohh so many reasons :eek:

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound a bit sensible but surely the problem is that the quadrant is supposed to be connected to the equivalent stand in the rebuilt Steve Bull in which case there wouldn't be the problem with ingress of water in the Stan Cullis.

Not that I'm a great fan of the SC, I'd be quite happy for FOSUN to knock it down and start again but just saying.

Darbena

Reaction score
why do people think the stadiums will draw anyone to the city other than the people with match tickets?

no matter what design someone comes up with, if there isnt a closable roof youre going to get wet, get used to it

It’s an awful design. I don’t sit there and the older stands don’t have the same problems, it’s an embarrassment seeing our disabled supporters getting drenched. There is simply no point having a roof if it’s not going to protect people from the elements at least you know what you’re letting yourself in for if there is no roof.

On innovative design - stadiums are empty the majority of the time, it would make sense to have intelligent architecture so the structure can be used more efficiently outside of match days.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not embarrassed about people getting wet, disabled or not, I don't see why that's relevant. There is no design that's going to prevent people getting wet in the rain. Pretty sure the "problem" has been the same in every incarnation of the stand

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sat in the same numbered seat at the front in the old North bank, you know, the one that was fine and didn't need replacing,and never got wet. Thanks Steve, you left us with a white elephant sized legacy of your ownership.

And please,please do something about the terrible P.A.system in there, we really can't hear a thing in there apart from complete mumble, when a sub comes on it's a good job there's the video screen available,otherwise we wouldn't have the first idea who is going off and coming on for the opposition.

Those things aside, I enjoyed the match today!

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m in J1 steve Bull and got soaked too

Once ground joined up will help. Although north bank 25 rows back shouldn’t get soaked

LL57SB

Groupie
Reaction score
Fosun are talking to the architect for the future ground development , it’s a scary thought - I totally cringe when I see people getting drenched there, it's unforgivable poor design and not fit for purpose.
Not fit for purpose you really have to be taking the **** Great game and all you can do is moan about the bloody rain.

R

reanswolf

I'm not embarrassed about people getting wet, disabled or not, I don't see why that's relevant. There is no design that's going to prevent people getting wet in the rain. Pretty sure the "problem" has been the same in every incarnation of the stand
I agree, the club can do nothing about bloody rain. I appreciate its a little unpleasant but check weather forecasts and dress accordingly.

W

wolvesultra

Think lots got wet yesterday due to the heavy rain coupled with wind. Was in WL1 and got soaked as comes in from the side. Those in the temp stand looked drenched too obviously and on the train back up north to my brothers i had to listen to plenty of annoying scouse accents (grates me that accent) moan about being wet.

Did it ruin my premier league experience whatever that is....did it ****. Bit of rain stop whining people.

Think I'm going in the temporary stand for Burnley hope it rains then so I can get me a free poncho!

W

WOMWOL

Lovely and dry in the SB j6 row b. Although did get a bit wet on the run to the bus stop. In case you're concerned, the normal 25 minute bus journey went on forever and i was all warm and dry when I got off.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
PA. was turned down at the request of B.T. You can’t blame Wolves.
What about the muffling, cutting out and high pitched feedback ringing out the speakers... i couldnt hear the new female announcer or the guy she interviewed but could hear shouty man fine and that film advert... PA was faulty NB upper anyways.

Back
Top Bottom