Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Find Wolves a stop-gap #9 cover for the rest of the season

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle are apparently willing to sell Callum Wilson.
Don't think they'll let him come on loan unless we agree a fee for an obligation in the summer. If the noises are correct they want money for FFP issues so want to sell, do they need that money now or will summer be OK?

I'd be happy with him playing for us, we does have weak hamstrings but his goal return is bloody good.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd take Wilson if he's available

Newcastle have also rejected a loan enquiry for England striker Callum Wilson from Atletico Madrid but could sell the 31-year-old if a permanent offer is made
He can **** off. Sneering ***** in that awful podcast with Antonio that had us to go down. Also, he's made of glass.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get Freddie Ladapo on loan from Ipswich,
He's hardly getting a game at Ipswich, but he made our experienced defense look stupid in the league cup game.
In the summer,, Jonathan Rowe at Norwich is very good and banging goals in .

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No way are we well overstocked in the forwards. We are pretty thin in most areas apart from fullback and Goalkeeper really. Relying on Hwang and Neto to stay fit when both have had their fair share of injuries, minor and major is a huge risk, and having to play them week in week out is also asking for trouble. Fraser may be ok, but it would be better if we could bring in at least 1 forward capable of playing anywhere across the front line.
I agree we are well overstocked at Goalie and Wing back.

GK - 1 position / 3 options - We could definitely get rid of King
WB- 2 positions / 5 options - We need to get rid of Jonny and Bueno could go on loan for minutes- Doc can cover both sides with RAN and Semedo first choice.
DC - 3 positions / 4 options - Perfect amount of cover
MC - 2 Positions / 6 options - loan Boubacar, Hodge and release Jordao - Doyle can cover Gomes and Lemina
Forward - 3 positions / 7 options - loan JRB, Fraser and Enso - Sarabia as back-up for Cunha, Neto and Hwang- same numbers as at CB.

I make that 7 more loans we could do before deadline day- we only need 1 back-up for any position on the pitch and we are cash strapped and won't do anything this year anyway.

King, Bueno, Boubacar, Hodge, JRB, Enso, Fraser, Jonny, Jordao. To be fair, how many minutes have any of them had this year? We are stifling their development just by them being here. How come Fabio and Mosquera get to go out but these are being left to rot on our bench?

TelfordWolf

Reaction score

WB- 2 positions / 5 options - We need to get rid of Jonny and Bueno could go on loan for minutes- Doc can cover both sides with RAN and Semedo first choice.
MC - 2 Positions / 6 options - loan Boubacar, Hodge and release Jordao - Doyle can cover Gomes and Lemina
Forward - 3 positions / 7 options - loan JRB, Fraser and Enso - Sarabia as back-up for Cunha, Neto and Hwang- same numbers as at CB.

I make that 7 more loans we could do before deadline day- we only need 1 back-up for any position on the pitch and we are cash strapped and won't do anything this year anyway.

King, Bueno, Boubacar, Hodge, JRB, Enso, Fraser, Jonny, Jordao. To be fair, how many minutes have any of them had this year? We are stifling their development just by them being here. How come Fabio and Mosquera get to go out but these are being left to rot on our bench?
Loan JRB? Huh?

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be happy with him playing for us, we does have weak hamstrings but his goal return is bloody good.

His goal return is brilliant, about 1 in 2. But if you include the games he's missed through injury, it's about 1 in 4.
That's why Newcasatle want money for him.....they need to bank something,. If he goes out on loan and breaks down again, he's worth nothing to anyone at 32.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone wants a decent 9 because they're so rare. Can't really get them on the cheap.

So then what? A making up the numbers tweener in the Sarabia/Cunha/JRB/Hwang vein? Are the club really just looking for another attacking type who can follow directions and press? Nathan Fraser is the current floor there, and I don't think he's so awful you can't carry him for awhile (unlike Fabio, who was very poor structurally whenever he played and just couldn't control his emotions enough to not pick up stupid fouls and bookings etc).

If a string of awful luck happens and the club are down Hwang, Neto, and Cunha for the season (let's say), I still don't think they're getting relegated. What does "need" mean here in terms of trading off on a better player in the summer?

Now to go knock on wood.
Difficult to find but not so rare that most teams dont have one. Everton , Brentford, Brighton, Forest, Bournemouth, Newcastle …
I note you mention no risk of relegation, yes, but four points off a Europe spot of 7th .I am looking up.
WWFC in the “best league in the world “ , WWFC averaging a top ten place over 7 years hasn’t got one. And just transferred out two ! So there are number 9s on the move that don't fit a system .
I can’t believe there aren’t better in Europe than Sasa and Silva that can’t be loaned to us as we loaned out to them.
For me this is a gaping hole that’s needed fixing for three years. . Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The drop off with some of those backups is pretty steep. Enso is nowhere near ready and i dont really think Fraser is if we had to throw him in for 3 or 4 games in a row. Sarabia isnt really a direct replacement for any of our other attackers, but he's about the best backup we have but he's not going to give us much of a goal threat if he's replacing either Hwang or Cunha.

Without another genuine forward player coming in we are reliant on flogging Neto, Hwang and Cunha into the ground.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to hold our fire to see where we finish. If we somehow get into Europe we might have a job on to meet UEFA FFP rules so let’s find out our budget before bringing in squad fillers this window

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

You would end up with a squad of 17.
This post must be a wind up.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont see any panic over a number nine tbh
Yes we would like one but do we really need one?
We play a fluid system up front ,with the forwards high pressing,not many out and out strikers do this very well
When we have played with a striker,ok it was Fabio or Sasa late on ,we havent looked anywhere near as good,it seemed to unbalance us
It would be good as an alternative system i guess, but not a necessity in this window

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We play a fluid system up front ,with the forwards high pressing,not many out and out strikers do this very well
When we have played with a striker,ok it was Fabio or Sasa late on ,we havent looked anywhere near as good,it seemed to unbalance us
It would be good as an alternative system i guess, but not a necessity in this window
This is where I am tbh.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel the same with the elusive type striker that most are after..we don't really need one ...I agree with what you are saying....but I still think we may need another body.....as long as it's a forward type player ...

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You've really taken the Mosquera loan to heart

Chin up lad, it's only a player who's never played for us once and unworthy of such a laughable overreaction

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You've really taken the Mosquera loan to heart

Chin up lad, it's only a player who's never played for us once and unworthy of such a laughable overreaction
Who is over reacting? I am just providing my full agreement with the top brass about our squad building policy.

It's you that has taken to making personal jibes. I'm not a lad, you little child.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about Jesse Lingard for the rest of the season?
I know he did not work out at Forest, but he had a very productive loan spell at West Ham.
He is only 31. He has pace and he knows how to finish, and I think he would suit our style of play.
He has a point to prove and there would be no commitment to sign him beyond the end of this season.
He could get us out of our current dilemma and should not cost us a lot of money.
I would be concerned about signing Che Adams, as presumably he would want a 4 year deal.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about Jesse Lingard for the rest of the season?
I know he did not work out at Forest, but he had a very productive loan spell at West Ham.
He is only 31. He has pace and he knows how to finish, and I think he would suit our style of play.
He has a point to prove and there would be no commitment to sign him beyond the end of this season.
He could get us out of our current dilemma and should not cost us a lot of money.
I would be concerned about signing Che Adams, as presumably he would want a 4 year deal.
Lingard hahahhah I wouldn’t offer that waster 10k a week. Was earning 200k a week at forest. Nobody will go near him, for good reasoning.

If we want a striker time to call up trusty Diego Costa for 4 months. Him & Fraser will see us through to the summer. Free agent, knows the club so on.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His goal return is brilliant, about 1 in 2. But if you include the games he's missed through injury, it's about 1 in 4.
That's why Newcasatle want money for him.....they need to bank something,. If he goes out on loan and breaks down again, he's worth nothing to anyone at 32.

right on cue....he can pull injuries from anywhere this lad.

Newcastle striker Callum Wilson has had chest surgery and could miss much of the rest of the season.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
right on cue....he can pull injuries from anywhere this lad.

To be fair to the lad, a ripped or torn pectoral muscle can severely hamper movement and is bloody painful. There's constant movement in the upper body and quite difficult to 'rest' it.

Back
Top Bottom