Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Finally a player speaks

SuziQ

Reaction score

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait, so is everyone going to switch from saying we were over-coached, to saying we weren't being coached hard enough now?
He said they also have to take responsibility but mentioned players got comfortable.

Just interested to know who? Most of them come across as very professional.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all seriousness we took a punt on someone and it hasn't worked. The club made blunder after blunder..... Coady leaving was a huge mistake as was sending Fabio on loan with zero cover for Raul.
The worrying thing is it took so long to bin him.
I don't think Sellars and Shi are up to the level required to progress and improve our club.
Let's get behind the new guy and hope he has clout enough to change our results quickly.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves is a Portuguese social club that just happens to be in the PL. Of course they're comfortable. We're even picking managers of their nationality, and conducting training in their language. It's one huge Portuguese clique.
Seems to have happened since Nuno left as one of the first things he did was break up the cliques.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Things were allowed to get too relaxed then, ties in with having jokey trips on the way back from away games they'd lost and those that would help maintain standards are no longer here. Give a player an inch and they'll take a mile

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What are you going to say if we appoint Lopetegui?
If he takes training in English and gets on top of the players that would be a good start. I don't know how good his English is and how good his Portuguese is. The clique was well on top of the last manager.

EDIT: I mean head coach rather than manager, obviously.

Last edited:

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves is a Portuguese social club that just happens to be in the PL. Of course they're comfortable. We're even picking managers of their nationality, and conducting training in their language. It's one huge Portuguese clique.
Are you not a Wolves fan then? Your comment comes across as if you are not one of us.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are you not a Wolves fan then? Your comment comes across as if you are not one of us.
I am. I view what's happened this season as being inevitable, since it's what generally happens when you have a clique in the club. A lot of that might well be hindsight though. I was delighted when Neves and Jota arrived, and generally very excited by what was going on. This season looks very different.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Could the lack of training be due to Bruno spending a lot of time flying home which a few have alluded to? May explain some of the jokey trips (not sure what this means) referred to above on way back from away games if Bruno has jetted straight off after the matches?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It can be both - too many similar sessions meant that the players got comfortable/didn't push themselves in training

It could be - or it could be people trying to diagnose something fairly complicated from afar, and then just repeating something en masse because it sounded vaguely plausible.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obvious the players weren’t buying into Bruno. Feel for him in a way but hopefully the kick up the **** from a new manager will see a big improvement in performances, attitude and most importantly - results.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair statement from him.

Please knuckle down and stop rolling around please Daniel.
It's the 'training' bit, which Neves alluded to, that really ****es me off. Is it that difficult to pitch up at 10 am and kick a football around for 2 or 3 hours and not do it to the best of your ability? For that alone Lage needed sacking. Disgraceful. The players also need a ****ing good kick up the backside.

Reactions: Ian

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the 'training' bit, which Neves alluded to, that really ****es me off. Is it that difficult to pitch up at 10 am and kick a football around for 2 or 3 hours and not do it to the best of your ability? For that alone Lage needed sacking. Disgraceful. The players also need a ****ing good kick up the backside.

He didn't say they weren't trying, he said they were "not so good in training sessions" - as he's an ESL speaker, there's likely quite a difference, so there's no need to overreact.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
He said they also have to take responsibility but mentioned players got comfortable.

Just interested to know who? Most of them come across as very professional.
No inside knowledge but I think it's well known that Moutinho has set the standard since he joined (Coady said something like 'I thought I trained hard until João joined').

Coady was the other, but much more vocal and was the one to pull others up if they weren't hitting the mark.

Then Ruddy and Saiss were big personalities in the dressing room - super-competitive both (even if Saiss was a bit of a joker off the field)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really news is it. It was fairly obvious Bruno was shown little respect. He did himself no favours when he publicly slated Hoever and it seems to have spiralled from there.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
It could be - or it could be people trying to diagnose something fairly complicated from afar, and then just repeating something en masse because it sounded vaguely plausible.
Agree! I think that's the theory that's being pedalled, not saying I think it's true...

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
In all seriousness we took a punt on someone and it hasn't worked. The club made blunder after blunder..... Coady leaving was a huge mistake as was sending Fabio on loan with zero cover for Raul.
The worrying thing is it took so long to bin him.
I don't think Sellars and Shi are up to the level required to progress and improve our club.
Let's get behind the new guy and hope he has clout enough to change our results quickly.

How many of those blunders were down to Bruno? Not many I think - Transfer policy was out of his hands

Back
Top Bottom