Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Final Day - Tottenham at Selhurst Park

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea game irrelevant if Palace do us a favour today.

Any chance ?

North Bank

Reaction score
Not if they play like they did on Monday BUT their losing run has to come to an end at some point!!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two chances. No chance, and absolutely no ****ing chance.

Lump on palace for relegation next season, an ageing one man team, no money to invest, and spiralling our of control.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought they played reasonably well against Manure. You never know

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Palace were robbed against Man Utd and deserved a point against Chelsea. I know they’re in rotten form but they’re a tough team to face at home. Tottenham might well win but it’s not a conclusion already.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see it. Palace are in awful form and looked crap every time I've seen them. They have a slugger's chance of beating Spuds of course, but my money would on a Spuds win.
We cannot rely on others to do us a favour. Beat Chelsea and the Palace game is irrelevant.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t rely on other teams just concentrate on ourselves

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No chance of palace performance they’ve simply checked out

at best we could probably hope for is miracle 0-0 or palace pinching first goal and being 1-1

either way it means we need a result

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Should go into our game with the mind set that spurs played earlier and won.
Exactly. Obviously if they don’t win it helps us but if we win, Tottenham could win 10-0 and it doesn’t matter. It’s all on us.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Yes we all want to finish 6th but at the end of a full (and more) 12 months season we have done brilliantly to hold things together and at worst match last season’s position and exceed last season’s points total and yet still the season won’t be over.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If they had their full strength team I think they are capable of giving anyone a game on their day. I think they have too many injuries though, especially in defence, to trouble Spurs today. However, never say never. Football can be unpredictable and that's why we love it.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Spurs have been pretty shaky away for a while and haven’t been great since the restart. Awful at Sheffield United. Very lucky to get a point at Bournemouth.

Plus surely, Palace are due a result at some point!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea game irrelevant if Palace do us a favour today.

Any chance ?

And the Palace game is irrelevant as long as we lose that mindset and go out and look after our own buisness. Cmonnnnnnnnnnn me Babiz

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it'll be a draw. If so, we'll need a point to stay ahead of Spurs. But even if Spurs overtake us I think Chelsea will beat Arsenal in the Cup Final, which will give us a Europa League place

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** Tottenham, **** Palace and **** Chelsea. ****ney ****s the lot of them. WE are Wolves and it is a privilege to follow our amazing club! :blush:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace lost eight in a row. They've lots of injuries, particularly at the back. Kane back to his best last game, looked unreal. 0-3 Spurs.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace lost eight in a row. They've lots of injuries, particularly at the back. Kane back to his best last game, looked unreal. 0-3 Spurs.
Yes, but football's a funny game! Remember Anfield 1984, Liverpool v Wolves? Liverpool sailing away with the League, Wolves rock bottom by a mile. Then along comes Steve Mardenborough to score his one and only goal for Wolves. Liverpool 0 Wolves 1. You'd have got much shorter odds for a 10-0 win for Liverpool than for a Wolves win.

T

Truckawolf

Got a feeling this is gonna be a draw. Like Tring says their losing streak can’t go on forever. I also think that Watford won’t lose against Arsenal, there are always strange results on the final day.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but football's a funny game! Remember Anfield 1984, Liverpool v Wolves? Liverpool sailing away with the League, Wolves rock bottom by a mile. Then along comes Steve Mardenborough to score his one and only goal for Wolves. Liverpool 0 Wolves 1. You'd have got much shorter odds for a 10-0 win for Liverpool than for a Wolves win.

Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely. Even if they get a draw, we have to get a point. Chelsea will score today so need to have our shooting boots on. They look great going forward but poor at the back. Can see it being quite end to end second half.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just can’t see Palace winning this one with all their injury problems. Mainly defenders Cahill, Tompkins, Sakho, Van Aanholt. It would be like us without Boly, Coady, Saiss and Doc!

They have had a terrible run of defeats and I’m sure Woy will be hoping for a decent performance from them today. I think this could be his swansong and he deserves a lot of praise but at 72 years old surely he doesn’t need the pressure any more.

Spurs have improved and will feel confident going into this one but it is in our own hands. Nuno will be telling the lads to forget any other matches and concentrate totally on our game.

I think our game against Chelsea will be a great game and we will go for it. Yes, Chelsea need the win to confirm their Champions League place but they are very vulnerable in defence, especially at set pieces. I can see a few goals in this with hopefully most of them being scored by us. Raul will be at his best following the birth of his daughter and with Diogo, Adama, Daniel and Pedro to choose from up front we will give it a right go imo.

COYW.

Last edited:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't need dizzy hodgsons palace. We can settle this ourselves.

Get in!

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace played superb against United.
But yes, nothing to play for, bad bad run of results. It has a Spurs 1-0 written all over it!

BN1Wolves

Reaction score
I dont see anything but a very comfy Spurs win by 2 or more goals. Palce are crap. We will need to beat Chelsea today. Sheff United done them 3-0 so they are beatable.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess that at the very least we need to draw at Chelsea. At least that way a Palace draw gets us home.

Back
Top Bottom