Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fifa/ Poppies

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An absolute disgrace and shambles of a decision. England and Scotland players now cant even wear armbands with a poppy on for the game on 11th. A complete and utter ****ing disgrace. I say **** them and ignore the ****s decision.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An absolute disgrace and shambles of a decision. England and Scotland players now cant even wear armbands with a poppy on for the game on 11th. A complete and utter ****ing disgrace. I say **** them and ignore the ****s decision.

Absolutely we should tell Fifa to go **** themselves and wear them anyway.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep. All fans who go to game should take some poppies and throw them on the pitch at the start of the game. Maybe some big banners with poppies on? Fifa are a complete and utter joke and disgrace. What has this world come to when a group of players cant wear a poppy during a football game on the 11th November. If I was the Scottish and English FA I would send a short and sweet reply to their decision. **** off!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgraceful decision. I just wish just 1 of the FA/SFA administrators had the balls to tell FIFA to **** off and put the poppies prominently on the shirts - I'd put them on the shorts and socks to really ****ing **** them off! How dare they tell us what we can do to remember our fallen.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish Fifa was disbanded. A joke of an organisation. We need a new organisation to run football and not these load of ****s.

M

Mr Wolf

There's a possibility of a points deduction otherwise both FA's would do it & pay the fine.

I don't see how a Poppy is a political statement, they couldn't get enough last season when the French were attacked every other month so what is the difference?

W

WasStefan

There's a possibility of a points deduction otherwise both FA's would do it & pay the fine.

I don't see how a Poppy is a political statement, they couldn't get enough last season when the French were attacked every other month so what is the difference?
They're French. We're British

D

Deleted member 3518

Should just withdraw from the russia and Qatar world cups on political and human rights grounds, that would cause a nice little **** storm for fifa.

Totally agree but no chance, you really think the FA "suits" give a ****?

No doubt would have been at Hitler's Olympics enjoying the hospitality and anything else on offer.

wolvesandbooze

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Should just withdraw from the russia and Qatar world cups on political and human rights grounds, that would cause a nice little **** storm for fifa.
We will on both occasions way before the last 16 anyway so who the **** would notice. Just get loads of poppys thrown onto the pitch has already has been mentioned...show the corrupt *******s how much it means to us and some.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice to see how interested they are in this and making Scotland wear their pink strip v England as the white trim on the sleeves of their dark blue kit clashes with England's home shirt.

Meanwhile, the game in Poland last night, abandoned as fans threw flaming flares at each other, will attract a slap on the wrist and mild fine no doubt.

wolvesandbooze

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nice to see how interested they are in this and making Scotland wear their pink strip v England as the white trim on the sleeves of their dark blue kit clashes with England's home shirt.

Meanwhile, the game in Poland last night, abandoned as fans threw flaming flares at each other, will attract a slap on the wrist and mild fine no doubt.
Saw that...totally mental.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a
absolutely, FA should just ignore fifa in this case and let the teams wear them.

so if they are banned on the shirts how about the players lay a poppy wreath behind the goal before the match. also could wear poppies on the tracksuit tops before the game starts which wouldn't break the letter of the law ?

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think that would bother FIFA too much at all, though but would be a futile gesture on our part.
Not sure why honouring our dead has to involve symbols on football shirts, as if we are incapable of doing that without millionaire footballers leading the way.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Total lack of respect from FIFA
If I was the FA board I would put the poppies on the shirts **** FIFA
If they put the poppies on armbands the referee could intervene and instruct the players to remove the armbands

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As usual I will be wearing my Poppy with pride this year but I have to reluctantly agree with this FIFA decision –purely because by allowing the display of the Poppy on the shirts FIFA would equally have to accept other nations displaying such non political emblems and I think this has the potential to be very problematic and more controversial than the Poppy .

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolute disgrace from such a proven corrupt organisation that's been rotten to the core for decades.

How dare theses bunch of crooks tell us we can't pay tribute to the fallen that gave us the free world they've already disrespected by exploiting for their own I'll gains!

If I were a player I'd be tempted to get a tattoo of a poppy done.

D

Deleted member 3518

a

absolutely, FA should just ignore fifa in this case and let the teams wear them

Too right.!!

The Poppy Commemoration goes back to remember the fallen in the first World War, a war in which my granddad died and my mother lived a life with no recollection of her father, no doubt other posters can share similar stories.

But more than that there are people losing their lives every day in Syria, Iraq and many more countries and a third world war looms ever closer, if ever there was a time to take a minute and remember/contemplate I don't know when, utterly appalling decision and tells you all you need to know about them.:mad:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As usual I will be wearing my Poppy with pride this year but I have to reluctantly agree with this FIFA decision –purely because by allowing the display of the Poppy on the shirts FIFA would equally have to accept other nations displaying such non political emblems and I think this has the potential to be very problematic and more controversial than the Poppy .

the ban is on "political, religious or commercial messages on shirts" so it's debatable if a poppy is any of those I guess they are saying its political ?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I believe there should be nothing on a footballers shirt apart from club emblem and number.

However if they continue to allow advertising then anything should be allowed (providing forum rules are adhered to:) ) including the poppy and support for a free Palestine!

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If that's the case, is playing the French national anthem at every football ground to support against terrorism from Islamic State supporters not also political.

Not saying it was wrong..... It was the right thing to do but the poppy ban is plain wrong.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the ban is on "political, religious or commercial messages on shirts" so it's debatable if a poppy is any of those I guess they are saying its political ?
I think they are just taking the safer option of saying No full stop rather than then entering into arguments with other countries regarding other emblems being "political , religious or commercial"

D

Deleted member 3518

Personally I believe there should be nothing on a footballers shirt apart from club emblem and number.

However if they continue to allow advertising then anything should be allowed (providing forum rules are adhered to:) ) including the poppy and support for a free Palestine!

Presumably you'd seek freedom for all, not just Palestine, so why the need to specify?

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right.!!

The Poppy Commemoration goes back to remember the fallen in the first World War, a war in which my granddad died and my mother lived a life with no recollection of her father, no doubt other posters can share similar stories.

But more than that there are people losing their lives every day in Syria, Iraq and many more countries and a third world war looms ever closer, if ever there was a time to take a minute and remember/contemplate I don't know when, utterly appalling decision and tells you all you need to know about them.:mad:
As far as I am aware there has been no suggestion that there cannot be the traditional laying of a wreath , mins silence etc just not the emblem on the shirt.

D

Deleted member 3518

As far as I am aware there has been no suggestion that there cannot be the traditional laying of a wreath , mins silence etc just not the emblem on the shirt.

If so why not, shirts can be emblazoned with pay day loan companies, betting companies, tax evaders etc but apparently not the emblem of the fallen and hopefully peace what a perverse world we live in.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If so why not, shirts can be emblazoned with pay day loan companies, betting companies, tax evaders etc but apparently not the emblem of the fallen and hopefully peace what a perverse world we live in.
Not National teams though ?

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably you'd seek freedom for all, not just Palestine, so why the need to specify?
I think it was in reference to the fine Celtic got for the free Palestine banners the fans displayed against that Israeli team.

K

KiwiWolf

Total lack of respect from FIFA
If I was the FA board I would put the poppies on the shirts **** FIFA
If they put the poppies on armbands the referee could intervene and instruct the players to remove the armbands
Fine! Players nowadays seem to be obsessed with tattoos so get them tattoo'd on their foreheads! Would the ref get them to take their heads off! :cool::rolleyes::):)

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe not, but what's the issue? Their excuse of a justification for the ban is derisible, do you agree?
No I think that it is just a sign of the times with everyone having to be so PC that there is no room left for what everyone wants :(

D

Deleted member 3518

I think it was in reference to the fine Celtic got for the free Palestine banners the fans displayed against that Israeli team.

Ok, but just don't see the need to politicise what should be a moment to contemplate and remember.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Of course I believe in freedom for all and made a political point which doesn't follow the rules as is the reason for the thread.

Name me some countries which face the same problems as Palestinian footballers. This is just one example.

"The final leg of Palestinian football's biggest tournament was postponed on Saturday after Israel prevented players from Gaza travelling to the West Bank for the fixture, football authorities said.

Israel refused to let six players and the coach of Shabab Khan Yunis cross its territory to the West Bank for the Palestinian Cup final, said Jibril al-Rajoub, president of the Palestinian Football Association.

The Palestinian Cup pits the winners of leagues in the two territories against each other for a place at next season's AFC Asian Cup."..
https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/n...l-tournament-delayed-after-israeli-travel-ban

D

Deleted member 3518

Of course I believe in freedom for all and made a political point which doesn't follow the rules as is the reason for the thread.

Name me some countries which face the same problems as Palestinian footballers. This is just one example.

"The final leg of Palestinian football's biggest tournament was postponed on Saturday after Israel prevented players from Gaza travelling to the West Bank for the fixture, football authorities said.

Israel refused to let six players and the coach of Shabab Khan Yunis cross its territory to the West Bank for the Palestinian Cup final, said Jibril al-Rajoub, president of the Palestinian Football Association.

The Palestinian Cup pits the winners of leagues in the two territories against each other for a place at next season's AFC Asian Cup."..
https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/n...l-tournament-delayed-after-israeli-travel-ban

Respect your post and will leave it there, expressed my view and think especially at the present time we need to take a minute to remember and contemplate, I really fear for the future.

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Remembrance should be a personal thing and we all take time to remember the sacrifices made by our family members, for example. Forcing people to wear poppies or putting them on football shirts cheapens the event for me and, to me instinctively feels wrong as if it is telling me how to remember.
I don't need to see Jordan Henderson galumphing around England's midfield wearing a poppy to remember my grandfather.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should paint a giant poppy across the pitch with **** Fifa underneath!

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remembrance should be a personal thing and we all take time to remember the sacrifices made by our family members, for example. Forcing people to wear poppies or putting them on football shirts cheapens the event for me and, to me instinctively feels wrong as if it is telling me how to remember.
I don't need to see Jordan Henderson galumphing around England's midfield wearing a poppy to remember my grandfather.
Agree with that. A personal choice.

Back
Top Bottom