Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Feigning injury

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
The problem with that is that the club's own medics know all about the player's health and any issues. Your neutral body wouldn't.
You could get around that by having a neutral physio always going on field with the club physio team to spot any s-housery.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps some form of rule change regarding a player only having to go off when they are treated by a physio. For example if a player is down injured and preventing play from restarting within (say) 30 seconds then he has to go off.

I also think there's too much tendency from referees to stop live play when players are down for non-head related injuries.

And absolutely agree with the above comments about play being delayed so the offending team can properly set themselves up to defend a free-kick - ridiculous.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players who feign a head injury to try and stop play should be sent off
I'd love it if VAR was used for this kind of thing, they don't even have to stop the game for VAR decide. VAR can check as and when they can, even if the game has restarted then the ref can stop play send off the player and then restart with a drop ball.

Plus, a 3 game ban afterwards too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love it if VAR was used for this kind of thing, they don't even have to stop the game for VAR decide. VAR can check as and when they can, even if the game has restarted then the ref can stop play send off the player and then restart with a drop ball.

Plus, a 3 game ban afterwards too.
That's wonderful.... Right up to the point where they claim that a player who it subsequently transpires is actually injured is cheating... Then watch the writs fly!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's wonderful.... Right up to the point where they claim that a player who it subsequently transpires is actually injured is cheating... Then watch the writs fly!
Simples, if nothing hits their head then you know they're cheating.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or you could raise the bar as to what actually is a foul. Think Caniggia World Cup. That’s what you call a foul, otherwise the ref waves play on

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Any player feigning a head injury should be tied up straddled and naked between the posts and opposition players allowed to take a shoot balls on balls approach to such transgressors.

I‘m afraid the injury to Raul is still raw to me, a guy almost died on a football pitch as a result of a head injury so for me any moron faking a head injury deserves to have his testicles punished.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any player feigning a head injury should be tied up straddled and naked between the posts and opposition players allowed to take a shoot balls on balls approach to such transgressors.

I‘m afraid the injury to Raul is still raw to me, a guy almost died on a football pitch as a result of a head injury so for me any moron faking a head injury deserves to have his testicles punished.
I absolutely agree with you over blatant cheating. The problem is the multiple shades of grey which arise for some (but it is unclear how much) contact.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

I think this idea was proposed but rejected by IFAB due to the need for consistency between the men's and women's games!

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
I absolutely agree with you over blatant cheating. The problem is the multiple shades of grey which arise for some (but it is unclear how much) contact.
Yes that’s why referees understandably err on the side of caution and rightly so.

But the players who do go down rolling around clutching their heads like Cathy Bates has had a swing with a sledgehammer when they’ve not even been touched, or brushed with a finger nail, should be utterly ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of the potential for real serious injury.

It could be their own team mates or friends, who in the future, could be denied vital seconds of treatment because of the ‘cry wolf’ response of a ref or players to feigning injury.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A start would be where there is no contact with the players head.

It would reduce the opportunity for feigning injury quite a lot

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or you could raise the bar as to what actually is a foul. Think Caniggia World Cup. That’s what you call a foul, otherwise the ref waves play on

One of the all time great World Cup moments :D:D:D.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would all but stop if the World Cup stoppage time precedent was implemented again.

That was a superb and simple idea that solved the issue almost immediately, but for some reason everyone has since ignored it.
Would also allow the North Bank to get all the way home to Seisdon/Trysull/Brewood by full time.

No issues with players feigning injury, or any other cheating for that matter, provided it gives us an advantage. That guy in Germany or wherever it was who threw the second ball on to prevent a quick throw in while he was down on the touchline was a hero - if that's the kind of thing we need to do to stay up then bring it.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This incident at Turf Moor sums up. A melee in the penalty area and a Watford player goes down clutching his head after the slightest of touches. The Burnley player got booked, but I think that was only because of the play acting by the Watford player.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now a Burnley player collapses in a heap after a brush with an opponent. It really is pathetic.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This incident at Turf Moor sums up. A melee in the penalty area and a Watford player goes down clutching his head after the slightest of touches. The Burnley player got booked, but I think that was only because of the play acting by the Watford player.
Not sure why the authorities can't get a grip on all this cheating. ****ing pathetic

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just stop the clock, add it all on as injury time. It worked fine in the World Cup. No new technology needed. They can roll around all they like, just watch the nerves when the ref gives 10 minutes injury time!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why the authorities can't get a grip on all this cheating. ****ing pathetic
Genuinely putting me off the game as a whole. Just gets worse and worse and worse every season. Will there ever be a tipping point or is it just this forever? Does my ****ing head in, would be such a better experience without it but it’s so ingrained now I don’t see a way back.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just stop the clock, add it all on as injury time. It worked fine in the World Cup. No new technology needed. They can roll around all they like, just watch the nerves when the ref gives 10 minutes injury time!

The referee added six minutes on. I thought ten minutes would have been more appropriate. As you rightly say, it worked in Qatar, so let’s start adding on time for the play acting.

Back
Top Bottom