Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Favourite song at the match?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always liked the 'We'll drink a drink a drink' one. I remember starting that at Newcastle away in 2011 up in the Gods.

My favourite one off song was directed at Paul Peschisolido regarding his wife..." If you've had Brady, stand up "... followed by every bloke in the south bank rising to their feet. Brilliant.

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has to be 'Everywhere we go..." but haven't heard to done properly for a decade or more.

Cav's is a current favourite which is a good job really as we seem to sing **** all else. We even sing it when he isn't playing.

Hate any song which refers to Albion

W

we8wba

Has to be 'Everywhere we go..." but haven't heard to done properly for a decade or more.

Cav's is a current favourite which is a good job really as we seem to sing **** all else. We even sing it when he isn't playing.

Hate any song which refers to Albion

Cav song is being oversung unfortuently

C

ChesterWolf

Love the nuno song but a long with the Cav it gets oversung. Thought the atmosphere was okay yesterday and very good in parts but a lot of the classic songs never got an airing.

Stevie Bull's a tatter is my favourite. A lot of clubs sing songs to this tune mostly using the magic hat line, like that our version is unique... were we the first club to use this song? I know United sang a version for Cantona in the 90's but never known who was first.

D

Deleted member 4382

Love the nuno song but a long with the Cav it gets oversung. Thought the atmosphere was okay yesterday and very good in parts but a lot of the classic songs never got an airing.

Stevie Bull's a tatter is my favourite. A lot of clubs sing songs to this tune mostly using the magic hat line, like that our version is unique... were we the first club to use this song? I know United sang a version for Cantona in the 90's but never known who was first.
Ours was well before United’s Cantona version.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think Albion sang their derogatory one about Bully to the same tune first and then we responded with our classic version.

C

ChesterWolf

Those were the days. Gotta be! Think we might be the only club in the country that sing it too, which makes it better I think.

Huddersfield sing a version of it. Definitely our song though.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate those were the days, always have. These are the days now, not back then, prefer songs about us now.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those were the days. Gotta be! Think we might be the only club in the country that sing it too, which makes it better I think.
Ipswich sing it too I think, although not often and not like us.

Wanderers scarf is one of my favourites, another one not sung by many clubs - Glasgow Rangers have a sectarian version. Unfortunately, it doesn't get sung properly anymore, everyone rushes it, most only join in for a couple of shouty bits and we seem to have dropped the ending for some reason? I still love all the Bully songs (Tatter, Drink a drink and Hark now hear) and always serenade my brother with ooh Paulie Paulie when we meet at the match. It's a shame we never make up our own songs - I don't buy the crap about the South Bank yoof not being able to remember a few lines, after all most of the copied songs have some lyrics to remember (e.g. Cav's song).

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to love 'you're so **** it's unbelievable'

Never hear that any more even though most games it could be applied

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
As a 9-10 year old boy, I particularly used to enjoy the 'Sumo' chants aimed at the portly former Notts County custodian Steve Cherry.

'Wait til Sumo comes to Molineux'.

As for the usual chants, 'We Are Wolves' is always great, and the current Cavaleiro one is brilliant.

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My old man said be an Albion fan I said **** off ******* you're a ****.

Off went the special with the South bank in it,
We took the Brummie Road in half a minute.
With bricks and spanners, hatchets and hammers, we showed the Albion how to fight,
If you can't take the Brummie Road in half a minute, you're not a Wanderers fan!!!

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wanderers here, Wanderers there, Wanderers every ****ing where, na na nana, na nana, na na.

D

Deleted member 3518

I'm with you, should replace that **** Jeff Beck track.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always liked the 'We'll drink a drink a drink' one. I remember starting that at Newcastle away in 2011 up in the Gods.

My favourite one off song was directed at Paul Peschisolido regarding his wife..." If you've had Brady, stand up "... followed by every bloke in the south bank rising to their feet. Brilliant.
There was peschi-dildo as well which used to tickle me as a teenager.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ipswich sing it too I think, although not often and not like us.

Wanderers scarf is one of my favourites, another one not sung by many clubs - Glasgow Rangers have a sectarian version. Unfortunately, it doesn't get sung properly anymore, everyone rushes it, most only join in for a couple of shouty bits and we seem to have dropped the ending for some reason? I still love all the Bully songs (Tatter, Drink a drink and Hark now hear) and always serenade my brother with ooh Paulie Paulie when we meet at the match. It's a shame we never make up our own songs - I don't buy the crap about the South Bank yoof not being able to remember a few lines, after all most of the copied songs have some lyrics to remember (e.g. Cav's song).

Agree.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate those were the days, always have. These are the days now, not back then, prefer songs about us now.

You don't have to take it literal AM.
Personally, I've had some great times with Wolves over the decades especially in the 70's, and for me it's a link with the past (the boozer, football specials, EUFA Cup, terracing, League Cup, 55K inside Molineux, Levi's and Ben Sherman shirts, etc, etc.).

It's an anthem about our football club, and in fairness it's stood the test of time. The words "we fight and never lose" has meant so many things in our chequered history that's for sure.

D

Deleted member 3518

Personally, I've had some great times with Wolves over the decades especially in the 70's, and for me it's a link with the past (the boozer, football specials, EUFA Cup, terracing, League Cup, 55K inside Molineux, Levi's and Ben Sherman shirts, etc, etc.).

It's an anthem about our football club, and in fairness it's stood the test of time. The words "we fight and never lose" has meant so many things in our chequered history that's for sure.

Too right, those were truly the days my friend and it's those memories that drive your passion when things are **** and now drive your hope that they are about to return, done my bit with the 60/70's retro-clothing!:D

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do others sing when we're rolling out "Fight, fight wherever you may be, we are the xxxx of the Black Country".

Think once upon a time it was "lads", then possibly "boys". Is it now Wolves ??
Just interested to know as our support is more diverse these days and not male dominated as it used to be.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Songs with Edgy......these are always my favourite ones

Telford Wolves fans on here will understand :D:D:D

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely mate.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised the S bank haven't adopted the Oohh Bully Bully chant for him Wilf .............Oohh Boly Boly

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Me neither.........Cringeworthy , like most songs PA bloke chooses....Cant believe he still thinks 'Quo Rockin All over the World' is cool when we've won......Reminds me of Alan Partridge

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Love this!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me neither.

Get the Liquidator on FFS. I know it's an issue that annoys the tune's detractors but if there was a vote (i.e. if we had any real influence) it'd be a no-brainer. Imagine having Silver Lining, the Happy Wanderer and the Liquidator as our 3 songs before KO. I might even leave the Lych Gate earlier than 2:55 if we did that.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
nor me, i hate it when they turn the volume down for the crowd to sing Wolverhampton, it sounds garbage, nearly as bad as that cheesy goal music they used to play a few years ago after we’d scored.

citrus_wolf

Reaction score

Me neither.........Cringeworthy , like most songs PA bloke chooses....Cant believe he still thinks 'Quo Rockin All over the World' is cool when we've won......Reminds me of Alan Partridge

Yikes...i know music choice is personal but I love it when the crowd roars Wolverhampton to that and I get a swell of pride. Agree with the Quo though.

S

Southbank Ebanks

Always enjoy a rendition of ‘we’re having a party when LH dies’ or other variations, pass the parcel etc..

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
nor me, i hate it when they turn the volume down for the crowd to sing Wolverhampton, it sounds garbage, nearly as bad as that cheesy goal music they used to play a few years ago after we’d scored.

Guess one man's cringe is another's nostalgia!

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why they don't play it before or after the match, I'll never know.
They could also play 'Wanderin Star' but no, they play Status Quo.
YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING HERE !

Lawrie , if your reading this, try playing Mary Hopkin's "those were the days " when we run out !
Not wandering star, I'm old enough to remember when we did play it and it's a dirge (imo).The wonder of you wasn't too bad, we were undefeated at home the year we played that !

Back
Top Bottom