Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Favourite game you went to last season?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May have been done already, but having just spotted a couple of match tickets on my desk, got me thinking.

What was your favourite match that you went to last season?

For me it has to be Middlesbrough. We never win up there, it had all the drama, and come the final whistle I hadn’t felt that amount of relief in a long time. Alright we didn’t sell out (seems to be a North East obsession) but what a crowd to be in.

Obviously the ending to the Cardiff game just about topped it for drama, but I wasn’t there for that one :) Bristol must be up there for people as well.

M

merseawolf

Atmosphere at home to Villa was as good as its ever been when i have been at Molineux. Was a great performance too

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a tv viewer for the Villa, Bristol City & Cardiff games so I’m sure I’d have picked one of them had I been there.

So for me it would be Sheffield United at home, that was when I really thought we’re just pure class. The Neves & Jota goals were Premier League quality. United came into that game with a bit of expectancy they could get something and I was a little nervous they would, and we just blew them away.

Then of course Derby at home. The wonder goal from Neves will live long in my memory. I’ll never see a goal in the flesh that good again in my life.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough to pick. Villa at home, Sheffield United at home, or Bristol City away probably.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa at home was brilliant.

Away, got to be Bristol City. Amazing scenes

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Villa at home. Great atmosphere, brilliant football, and when I truly started to believe! I'll never forget it. Up there with my favourite ever matches as a Wolves fan.

W

wolvesultra

Boro at home...felt like a new dawn
Or Derby away when I first realised we could be on to something special
nah Bolton at home smashing them ****ers
or the last minute home win against Barnsley that I witnessed from the toilet as was about to leave
maybe Blues away cuz its always good to win at that ****hole
but what about Derby at home and that goal
not forgetting Blues at home the promotion party
then again Sheff Wednesday at home the trophy lifting party

Argh **** knows....what a season!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5242

Sheffield at home. Pre drinks with a Sheff mate before the game, stunning Neves opener, copious amounts of alcohol. great day!

E

Eastleigh Wolf

Villa at home was fab.... so was the Derby game just so I can say " I was there" for Ruben's goal of the Century.
But for sheer excitement and the celebrations that ensued.... Cardiff away with my boy tops it for me.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only got to a few games this season because of family things.

But for me, Derby away.

I'm 32 and I have not seen football like that in my lifetime from Wolves. I was quite emotional and it was only the second league game of the season!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve missed a few of the corkers, like Cardiff A Derby H me Bristol A but 2 live long in the memory Boro A as how did 9 men work that hard and Villa at H I just wish we get that atmosphere more often

T

TurboTaco91

Only got to two games last season Wolves vs Villa and Villa vs Wolves. I'l have to go with the first one! The away fixture was awful, I was in the Holte end as well :(

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol City away. Unbelievable come back.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ripping Bolton apart 5-1 at home was nice then I was on the train to London and guess what a bunch of Wolves players jump on for a night out sureal!

Away Cardiff no doubt about it what a night

D

Deleted member 6526

At home the Bolton game we played fantastic and, although we had with Leeds, watching us there was this excitement around the crowd and comments of "I have never seen Wolves play like this ever" and that was not including the goals, it was just how we played.

Away, Middlesbrough was amazing, edge of the seat stuff, we did it.

Match I did not go to but wish I had... Bristol City, I would have loved to be there when Bennet knocked that in.

D

Deleted member 4257

Cardiff and Bristol were filth but for me Hull away.
Really felt like the start of something special. Couldnt stop smiling all the way home.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to be Cardiff away for the sheer "I'll never experience anything like that again" factor.
Loads to choose from including many home games. Bolton was a great day out as well.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Why have I just gotta pick one!?

I'm gonna be really awkward and annoying haha, and name a great game what no one's said yet...Brentford at home. Two really good teams, we scored two great goals that night, and it was just one of them matches that you would have watched for hours! Not saying it was the best or anything but its worth a mention I think!

Hazza

Reaction score
Villa at home for me but close 2nd is Hull away. When that Neves goal went in I realised we were the real deal.

Had been away so this was first match of season for me

W

Whitewolf

Barnsley at home by far im right next to them in north bank , only because the way the goals went in and the banter between us and barnsley fans!
Also games i dont remember , sheffield utd, norwich city, reading, i bet them was great games i was there aswell but had tooo much drink, i carnt rember the game ! :D:p

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Home Villa. Away Bristol city.Thought I was gonna die.Breathless or wat.:D

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score
This is a conversation I've had a lot lately! Historically I've often chosen the most exciting match with a lot of significance - for example Cardiff away for me was like Derby away with the Keogh winner - not mathematically promoted but the moment when I knew we would be!
But for me it has to Bristol City away. A great day was had in one of my favourite City's prior to KO, and then on to a game which the old Wolves would have surely lost. First v second, late KO, live on Sky, all the ingredients of the big stage waiting for Wolves to enter and blow it.
Going down to ten men early on was ominous, then going a goal down in the second half even more so. But when personnel levels were equalled and the score level, I knew there was only going to be one winner.
We all know how it finished but I really think that result had such a huge impact on our season, look how Bristol City detoriated after that game.
So after the best season I've ever had following the Old Gold & Black I think that, for me, has to be my choice. But isn't great to have so many options!

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why have I just gotta pick one!?

I'm gonna be really awkward and annoying haha, and name a great game what no one's said yet...Brentford at home. Two really good teams, we scored two great goals that night, and it was just one of them matches that you would have watched for hours! Not saying it was the best or anything but its worth a mention I think!

I’m with you on that one.

Going into the game they were a side that could apparently mix it with us as our footballing ethos was the same.

Then we brushed them aside like men v boys.

C

Calufur

Sheff Utd home for me. Complete domination and two of the best goals of the season from Neves and Jota's team goal.

C

ChesterWolf

The week of Reading (a), Leeds (h) and Bolton (h) was very enjoyable.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolton away. It’s on my doorstep and I was massively over emotional by 6 that night. I’ve loved this season.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa at home. Took my eldest lad (34!) who is a Man U fan. He was absolutely blown away by the quality of the football we played and the two superb goals.

T

Torquay wolves

Cardiff away was the night I was convinced we were going up! Thanks to Wiltshire for sorting me a ticket. Great atmosphere in the wolves end.
Southampton away was the game I thought this could be our season. our reserves outplayed saints first team!!!!

Back
Top Bottom