Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Favourite EVER Wolves picture

Lawndog

Reaction score
Talking of legends I am trying to think of which of our Managers asked/suggested for the framed photographs of the legends of the 50’s be removed in the areas beneath the Waterloo Rd stand .I remember there was a story and he said something like ‘the current players don’t need the reminder ,they should be making their own history’

Dave Jones?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
As I posted earlier in the thread my favourite ever photo is Saiss lying prostrate on the field after the Middlesbrough game. Love that photo partly because I was in the front row right by the incident, it was a breathtaking game, and it was taken just after Nuno had hugged him as he was on the ground. He still didn't move though. It's an iconic image.

However, this photo really made me laugh. We just score a winner in the last minute of injury time, away against a local rival after being 2 down with 10 minutes to go. Bruno's response was to look like he's choosing what he wants at the chippy. We've all been there.

20211104_171554.jpg

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The doogs third on his debut what an icon

966d443ccf3750cadde995e062437806.jpg

If i remember right it was the classic right foot left foot and a header,with a chip over the defender and a volley thrown in

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Waggy, hope you and your hat are well! Have you seen post 40 on here that Concourse put up?; if not you'll like that too!
Hi NNW … yes all well thank you, and with the recent results we’ve had, the hat is worn with pride at a jaunty angle!!! Hope you’re well too??

Yes, I checked out #40 and I love it. That was the best Wolves day of my life and I’d guess you feel the same!!

It was just the pure joy for each and every player in a side that had soldiered together for many years without their just rewards!!

Seeing Mike Bailey, at Wembley, raising a trophy and in his own words “ … turning around and showing it to the Old Gold” …. I still get goosebumps just thinking about it!!

And for Doog, Waggy, Frank and the rest of them, the most deserving of days!!!

Great times with a truely great team

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
View attachment 24896
Branchy rattled the forest with his cheeky goal too. Ade Akinbiyi what a player
Aaah, that game... remember watching it live on Scandinavian TV.
Also the following season's corresponding fixture, when Wolves punted the ball upfield towards the South Bank on the John Irland stand side, Dave Beasant coolly ventured outside the penalty area and booted the ball over the roof of the stand.
The ref, naturally...., awarded him a yellow card for this, much to the amusement of the home supporters.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The doogs third on his debut what an icon

966d443ccf3750cadde995e062437806.jpg

If i remember right it was the classic right foot left foot and a header,with a chip over the defender and a volley thrown in
The pass was behind him so he stuck a leg back, back-heeled it over his head, ran on and banged it in the net.
I have a memory like an elephant, (except I cor remember which leg) :grimacing:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. They really were the days. Having said that there are so many fantastic memories in these photos it gets you quite emotional tbh. The Doog in 74, the Sherpa Van right through Bully to Bristol away and Raul today. I know it's a bit naff and BBCish but could we do a poll for the favourite photo? My fave so far would be the Jota one v Utd but for artistic merit the Dicko one takes some beating.
I am sure I can remember a picture of George Berry with a pile of snow on his head..

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I am sure I can remember a picture of George Berry with a pile of snow on his head..

This is obviously not the George Berry snow photo, but your post got me thinking about this photo of George I saw a few months ago. Back in the 1970/80s most of the players didn't really look like the athletes they look like today, they were all shapes and sizes, despite being relatively fit for the time. I remembered George looking very much like an athlete, especially when I met him in person when I was kid after a Wales match in Malta. He wouldn't look out of place in the Premier League today with his physique.

5AAONEKJGRFQ3ABCA3V7M5TZJM.jpg

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collar and tie on most people in the crowd there. Lad to the right of the visitors dugout had a “restricted view”
Peter Broadbent looks like he's got a satin top on for a night out on the tiles 50s style!!!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is my Fav picture. Back in 1982 I got hooked on "soccer" when NZ AllWhites made it to the World Cup for the first time, I was spending the Christmas at my Dads and went to the local diary and saw a Shoot! magazine and bought it: first ever soccer mag I had seen,

And in it was this wolves photo and the story to go with it how Wolves had come back from the brink in summer 1982 and were now on top of the Div 2 table.

The strip looked so smart, the guys happy and healthy and the story to go with it was so compelling : I was hooked for life

Little did I know what a ride I was in for

View attachment 24764
Oh yes Sir this is one I recall so well. Had it on my wall and like yourself boy did I let myself in for a rollercoaster of 40 years. Love it though even the memories of the Bhattis trying to break the club, night games at a ramshackle Molineux, grabbing the Pink from Queen street Stars shop on the way home on Saturdays happy memories.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Peter Broadbent looks like he's got a satin top on for a night out on the tiles 50s style!!!

And the shirts were given to the players 30 minutes before kickoff still in the wrapping by the looks of the creases.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are many to try and source on Google but not a lot seem to be there. I remember the headlines and the one special photo but, alas, memories they will stay!
This photo got me excited more than I could emphasise on here and I'll let it speak for itself!

Attachments

• 20211104_224600.jpg
    20211104_224600.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom