Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fantasy Football (FPL)

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is everyone getting on? It looks like the original thread timed out and a search didn't reveal an ongoing one Fantasy Football 2022/23

Two gameweeks left to plan for, injuries seem to be mounting up for popular players like March and Rashford.

Some huge decisions to make on City players particularly if they get through to the CL final.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wilson has done me proud so far this week. Signed him in and made him captain. Twenty four points from him so far with a game to come on Thursday. I may bring Mahrez in next week if Rashford is still knackered. Hoping for good returns from Trent and Salah tomorrow and my Brighton boys today.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm rubbish, every year I diligently pick four teams in the Telegraph FF and then by September I've forgotten about it. I'm pretty sure at least one of my teams this season still has Guedes in it.

Callum Wilson must be a goldmine for proper fantasy players, though it kind of skews the whole thing when you've got Haaland and Kane around because you can't hope to be competitive without both of them I'd imagine, and then it just becomes a case of juggling your cash (which I'm sure some players do much better than others, but it's still restrictive). I feel sorry for anyone who had Wolves defenders in their team when the 6-0 happened, season destroying.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I brought Wilson in this week but didn't have the confidence to captain him. Went for Isak instead, as just owning Wilson has proven something of a "differential".

Could really use Grealish staying on the bench today and all

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
97 points so far this week and awaiting bonus points for Trent and Salah. Still have the Brighton v Newcastle game to come with my players Isak, Wilson, Estupinan, mac callister and Mitoma all involved.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice score! I've got 91 with five yet to play, frustratingly Grealish's cameo blocked my Wan-Bissaka points

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice score! I've got 91 with five yet to play, frustratingly Grealish's cameo blocked my Wan-Bissaka points

Cheers. 91 good score as well. I've got a good lead in my mini league now. Waiting on Rashford news later in the week but if he is a big doubt again then I will bring in Gundogan and will probably take a 4 point hit and replace Grealish with either Mahrez, Foden or may gamble on Antony at Man Utd as all have double game weeks. Think I will probably go with Gundogan and Mahrez though and triple up with Haaland.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was top 10k right up until I think it was GW32 and I completely forgot the deadline and it was a weird fixtures week so I only had 3 players in it.

Kinda lost interest after that so I’m around 130k now. Will likely still be my best ever finish though!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was top 10k right up until I think it was GW32 and I completely forgot the deadline and it was a weird fixtures week so I only had 3 players in it.

Kinda lost interest after that so I’m around 130k now. Will likely still be my best ever finish though!
Very good finish.

Reaction score
I got a bit derailed with the constant recent double and blank gameweeks (hoping for a more normal season finally next year) but hopefully will be back in the top 50k by the end of this gameweek with 85 points and six Brighton/Newcastle including the Wilson/Isak double up. Watch them all do sod all now. :fearscream:

I definitely make better FPL decisions when Wolves players aren't desirable fantasy assets (so, most of the time) and other than a brief optimistic punt on Neto in August, I haven't owned a Wolves player since Doc left and Raul's injury... I still don't like betting against the Old Gold when my players play against Wolves, but would much rather jinx my FPL team than Wolves! Might buy and captain Ruben for the Arsenal game if it's confirmed he's leaving by then, just to give him a good send-off!

Reaction score
Incidentally, last season I came across what I am pretty sure was the Wolves players' FPL league for 21/22 (either that or someone spent a *lot* of time making up fake accounts with suitably cryptic details). I was bored during COVID times and I like cryptic puzzles so I managed to work out who all of them were — except possibly "Joao Tiago" (my logic was a bit tenuous).

Some are more guessable than others (middle names, children's names, charitable foundations they support, characters from what they've said in interviews are their favourite TV shows). It was easier when the league was live and you could access the manager profiles to see whether they'd picked/played themselves and spot the Belgian and the Moroccan, for example.

I really hope that "Dwayne Dibbley" (aka Cat in Red Dwarf) is Willy Boly — he might have been tickled by Tim Spiers' (unfavourable) comparison in this old E&S player ratings article. LOL at Megan Biggs-Black too!

The Pack 21/22

RankTeam & ManagerGWTOT
1TheRealSlimShady
Michael Scott
2Coxos
Filipe Santos
3Pique Blinders
Dwight Schrute
4Hanging by a Fred
Jack Reily
5Sarrafas United
Joao Tiago
6Lions FC
Eren Jäger
7Big as a bonk’oss
S Bull
8Os Marretas
JJ Boçe
9minamo
Sean Sean
10Amsterdam
Kinki Hoev
11Prison Break FC
Lincoln Burrows
12MD
M D
13skull fracture
Raul Jimenez
14Lusitânia de Lourosa
Martim Neves
15lemon city FC
Megan Biggs-black
16fsilva17
Fábio Silva
17Jardas
Bruno Jordão
18Vacina
Fernando Oliveira
19MOSCO FC
Dwayne Dibbley
20os moutinhos
Francisco Castro

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ended up with 127 points this week. Last minute decision to make Wilson captain worked a treat. Also kept Rashford which could be a nice move. Now to decide which Man City midfield player out of Foden, Mahrez and Gundogan to bring in this week. I've got Grealish but may sell him as he isnt starting as many league games now. Tempted by Mahrez. If Rashford news isnt positive from press conference then I will take a 4 point hit and bring two of the Man City midfield players.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, took a -4 in the end, Isak to Kane (captained) has worked out nicely. Ditched Grealish who isn't in the squad as it transpires, and also swapped Shaw out to Lewis for a -4 hit.

Frustrating that the team news leaks meant that many went Haaland > Kane captain (at the time of writing Haaland hasn't had a minute this game week).

Reaction score
Well, took a -4 in the end, Isak to Kane (captained) has worked out nicely. Ditched Grealish who isn't in the squad as it transpires, and also swapped Shaw out to Lewis for a -4 hit.

Frustrating that the team news leaks meant that many went Haaland > Kane captain (at the time of writing Haaland hasn't had a minute this game week).
I was one of those who went Haaland > Kane captain! Pen save by De Gea helped me too, and decided not to risk a -4 (wouldn't have worked out for the players I was considering). I think I will end up 200 places or so outside the top 50k, although the LiveFPL Rank site is a bit glitchy at the moment and says I'm 966! If only!!!

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was one of those who went Haaland > Kane captain! Pen save by De Gea helped me too, and decided not to risk a -4 (wouldn't have worked out for the players I was considering). I think I will end up 200 places or so outside the top 50k, although the LiveFPL Rank site is a bit glitchy at the moment and says I'm 966! If only!!!
Nice work mate. I cross checked the 7 in front of me in work's league, and 6 of them did Haaland to Kane after 14:00 today. Slightly frustrating as I'd lined up two free transfers to get Kane in this week regardless but hey ho.

If LiveFPL is to be believed, finished 34k so a 30,000 drop from last year's effort but still very pleased considering how the first half of the season panned out!

Not sure who is running the MolMix league but congrats to Steve Harrington for finishing inside the top 1k!

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Hi all, now the scores are in I am just checking against the list of those in the sweepstake and will update later today.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
So the winner of the paid league taking home £100 and £20 for charity was A Raul Please Carol.

As mentioned above congrats the the free league winner Steve Harrington who finished 668 world wide, that’s some achievement.

I’ve run this league for a few years now and with over 240 teams it’s very competitive. I’d like to do more comms next season and try to raise money for charity. Only 14 teams opted into the £10 league this year, I’d love to get that to at least 50.
I will send out invites next month for the new season and will most likely run a paid league and a free league.

Thanks for your support and well done to the winner!

Back
Top Bottom