Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Famous Footballing Photographs

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Last match of the season 1983 against Newcastle, Budgie had a bet with Keegan that he wouldn't, unfortunately I was in Newcastle revising for my Diploma exams.
Best memory of that season was 9th April away at Rotherham, Grand National day, when the race was on Budgie was round the back of the goal listening to a radio down the front of the stand, we all had to yell if Rotherham were attacking so could run back round, get the ball, hoof it back up, then back to listening to the race.

Last edited:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
51A6491E-A679-4045-A4A0-82843D917EFE.jpeg
Graham Turner and Billy Wright after promotion in 89.
The yellow jumper for worst trainer hanging up has Tim Steeles name on it a few times :)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just found out today that Les Wilson lives about 10 minutes from me. Maybe I’ve passed him in the malls or restaurants.

1591238037296.jpeg

Reaction score
Trying to i.d. the players in the photo on the table. Back row on the right - John Holsgrove perhaps?

Reaction score
John McAlle I reckon. Holsgrove is two further over.
Yep, I think you're right about McAlle, but not so sure about Holsgrove who you think is a couple of places away. Does anyone have the full team sheet bearing in mind the quality of the photo? Apologies in advance for admitting that my memory is not as good as it used to be.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved some of the stories about Budgie
I keep trying to find that photo of him as 'Super Budgie' in that last home game v Newcastle. Can't find it anywhere, anyone help out there?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I think you're right about McAlle, but not so sure about Holsgrove who you think is a couple of places away. Does anyone have the full team sheet bearing in mind the quality of the photo? Apologies in advance for admitting that my memory is not as good as it used to be.
That is Holsgrove 100%.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For my money the back row reads right to left. McAlle, Thomson, Holsgrove, Woodfield, Parkes, Taylor, Parkin and Bailey. The front row is harder due to the quality. But I can see Knowles, Dougan, Munro and Waggy, I presume Les Wilson must be one of the others. Probably Bernard Shaw as well.

Last edited:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
For my money the back row reads right to left. McAlle, Thomson, Holsgrove, Woodfield, Parkes, Taylor, Parkin and Bailey. The front row is harder due to the quality. But I can see Knowles, Dougan, Munro and Waggy, I presume Les Wilson must be one of the others. Probably Bernard Shaw as well.
Every time I try to look at the picture it just rotates .Can anyone post the picture the right way up please ?I would like to look at it

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time I try to look at the picture it just rotates .Can anyone post the picture the right way up please ?I would like to look at it
You have no idea how much trouble I went to. I think I have them all? Not sure about which one is Wilson and Shaw, or even if I'm right. I'm confident about all the others. I just expanded the picture and stood on my head :)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
You have no idea how much trouble I went to. I think I have them all? Not sure about which one is Wilson and Shaw, or even if I'm right. I'm confident about all the others. I just expanded the picture and stood on my head :)
I will take your word for it :)

Back
Top Bottom