Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You couldn’t fault his commitment yesterday but he failed his 1 v 1 test.

The. great ones always score in those situations. The natural finishers. I don’t see it with him.
Kane missing a one vs one:

Ronaldo missing loads of good chances:

Salah missing a one vs one:

The amazing Ollie Watkins that “we should have brought instead of Silva” according to some missed a clear one vs one yesterday too here at 1:35:

No forward “always” scores in those positions.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kane missing a one vs one:

Ronaldo missing loads of good chances:

Salah missing a one vs one:

The amazing Ollie Watkins that “we should have brought instead of Silva” according to some missed a clear one vs one yesterday too here at 1:35:

No forward “always” scores in those positions.

Well nearly always :p

Compare the number of goals Kane or Salah have scored with the number scored by Fabio and get back to me…

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, well don’t do it again!
You can miss a one on one in 10 seconds, you can’t bag 150 goals in that time though!

Perhaps by the time Silva’s played a similar number of minutes he’ll have a more comparable record.

I’m sure he’ll miss a few more one on ones too as everyone misses them sometimes (which was my original point, not that I was comparing them as goal scorers). ;)

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well nearly always :p

Compare the number of goals Kane or Salah have scored with the number scored by Fabio and get back to me…
Kane didn't score a Premier League goal until he was on the verge of his 21st birthday

Salah was older than Fabio when he was busy scoring 1 in 5 in the mighty Swiss league

So Fabio is ahead of both at this stage of their respective careers

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have always liked Fabio, and am convinced he'll be a star for us. I like the way he holds the ball up and plays others in. I think he has added a little more pace this year.. although intelligent players don't always need pace. I'm thinking Teddy Sheringham.
I really hope that Fabio, Chico and Toti are the new generation of Portuguese players we'll be drooling over for years to come.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabulous performance. His best to date. Should've scored two.
Very encouraging !!!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You couldn’t fault his commitment yesterday but he failed his 1 v 1 test.

The. great ones always score in those situations. The natural finishers. I don’t see it with him.
They most certainly do not! And neither did they at 19 at top level. I think what you mean is you have confidence that they can do it and that's fair given fabio's age and experience.

My one criticism of him is he has yet to master the trick of getting on the end of balls across the box. He's always too far back. Work needed there.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They most certainly do not! And neither did they at 19 at top level. I think what you mean is you have confidence that they can do it and that's fair given fabio's age and experience.

My one criticism of him is he has yet to master the trick of getting on the end of balls across the box. He's always too far back. Work needed there.
That’s not a Silva thing to be fair, that’s a Wolves thing.

The second goal yesterday came from Trincao not getting on the end of it, and he was the only one in the box too.

We’ve improved in committing players forward recently but we rarely seem to score from balls across the 6 yard box.

Something for the whole team to work on, Silva included.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was his best game so far...... but he needs to put the chances away.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs a goal really - boost his own confidence and get some of the fans off his back

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s pleasing is that he is continuing to develop quickly, we knew we hadn’t bought the finished product and were gambling on him making massive improvements.

The Silva who ended last season was completely different to the one who started it. The Silva who played yesterday has taken another massive step forward, quicker, stronger and mentally tough enough not to be bullied. Yes he needs goals but only a few are prolific at his age and they are generally quick, nippy strikers in the Owen mould.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to **** on anyone's parade, but Silva is yet to score in the Prem, this season. I didn't see the first half yesterday, but I assume that Bruno did. He says of our forwards;
Bruno Lage has heaped praise on his ‘dominant’ Wolves side but has called for a clinical edge from his forwards.
Not aimed at Silva per-se, but as Silva was leading the line; it is aimed at him as well as others.

We scored two against Leeds (Jonny and Trincao) and two against Villa (Jonny and OG). Our main striker has 6 for the whole season and our back-up (Hwang) has 5. Silva has a measly 4 in 50 appearance for Wolves. Of course, the vast majority of Silva's appearances were minutes from the bench.

Like all of us, I hope Silva comes good, but for those who believe that he is ready to lead a line in the Premier league and compete with Salah, Kane and others, I think you are sadly mistaken.
It may not be Silva's fault completely for his goal drought as Wolves create few chances and so his opportunities are fewer than for other strikers, but he really needs now to show that he can sink or swim in the big league.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Fabio. It is beginning to come together. More strength, more speed, more maturity. All we need now is work on an aerial presence and some goals. Just a few for now would do. Let's be optimistic but we do need to take a lot more of our chances up front.

SydneyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Thought he had a great game. Has all the attributes to be a clever player in mould of Teddy Sherigham if not an out and out goalscorer

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The guy won't even get his major chance next year either. I am excited by his potential.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might be wrong but did I hear Fabio inheriting the Adama Traore chant?

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to **** on anyone's parade, but Silva is yet to score in the Prem, this season. I didn't see the first half yesterday, but I assume that Bruno did. He says of our forwards;
Bruno Lage has heaped praise on his ‘dominant’ Wolves side but has called for a clinical edge from his forwards.
Not aimed at Silva per-se, but as Silva was leading the line; it is aimed at him as well as others.

We scored two against Leeds (Jonny and Trincao) and two against Villa (Jonny and OG). Our main striker has 6 for the whole season and our back-up (Hwang) has 5. Silva has a measly 4 in 50 appearance for Wolves. Of course, the vast majority of Silva's appearances were minutes from the bench.

Like all of us, I hope Silva comes good, but for those who believe that he is ready to lead a line in the Premier league and compete with Salah, Kane and others, I think you are sadly mistaken.
It may not be Silva's fault completely for his goal drought as Wolves create few chances and so his opportunities are fewer than for other strikers, but he really needs now to show that he can sink or swim in the big league.

Silva hasn't even played the equivalent of 4 full games yet this season in the PL

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva hasn't even played the equivalent of 4 full games yet this season in the PL
I didn't say he had! He's made 50 'appearances' for Wolves in all competitions, the majority of which would have been from the subs bench.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes must have been great for the lad hearing the fans chant his name

Yep, that doesnt happen unless you have had a good game.
Needs a goal to get that monkey off his back but, his all round work rate and play yesterday was outstanding. The way he outmuscled Mings yesterday showed he is neither slow nor weak.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes must have been great for the lad hearing the fans chant his name
Great news. I watched at home as obviously tickets went rapidly but I swear I heard that.

I’ve never rooted for a player as much as I have Fabio and will never understand the absolute braindead idiots on here who slate him at every given opportunity. I’m sure it’s not true but it’s like they want him to fail. I just don’t see the endgame in being so negative towards him.

Young lads need confidence and having the fans behind him, encouraging him, chanting his name will be massive in his development here.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I think it’s important to compare “full game equivalent appearances”.

I would still like to see Silva and Raul play together in a two up front with Neto or Podence behind

Reactions: Ned

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
People have been singing his own proper song 'I want curly hair too' for ages, he just doesn't spend much time on the pitch! Did very well yesterday, such an intelligent player, just needs to keep working hard.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are we drawing parallels with Salah and Kane ? Why not with (England international) Watkins ? Who was the more effective player yesterday ?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are we drawing parallels with Salah and Kane ? Why not with (England international) Watkins ? Who was the more effective player yesterday ?
Because if you read posts earlier in the thread, those are two players who posters were comparing Silva to.

By the way, Watkins scored a goal.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because if you read posts earlier in the thread, those are two players who posters were comparing Silva to.

By the way, Watkins scored a goal.
If you’re referring to my post, I never compared him to Kane or Salah, I replied to someone saying top players never miss a one on one and gave examples of those players missing one on ones.

Also, Watkins scored because the referee decided to give him a penalty for running in to Sa, Silva would have scored if he was given a freebie like that too.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't say he had! He's made 50 'appearances' for Wolves in all competitions, the majority of which would have been from the subs bench.

You said you didn't want to rain on anyone's parade by stating he hadn't scored this season which clearly shows you think that's significant.

As I said, he's played less than the equivalent of 4 full games. There's a massive difference between the two statements.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
It won't have done him any harm with the support he received when he left the field yesterday the lad has the ability , I loved it when he robbed that donkey Mings and nearly scored.
The potential is there and he is getting more confident .

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Finishing is generally something that develops later with top strikers. I think it will come for Fabio. Needs a goal for confidence but from what I see, think the goals will come.

No point picking the best 2 attackers in the league and saying he's not ready to compete with them because almost no-one is, so it's a given.

Defo done enough to start some games for rest if season

If Fabio and MGW keep improving, Neto gets back to where he was, podence performs consistently as weve started to see, we could have a devastating attack next year

Back
Top Bottom