Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Man City and Chelsea offered £2.5m for him when he was 14, scale up to todays prices and an 18 year old, then we are talking the same ball park as Silva, tens of millions for an 18 year old.

Here's a link, but I wouldn't follow it, best just call others delusional for implying your ignorance of the facts. Stick to insults, eh.
I know his agent and have met him a dozen times. 100% there was never anything in that at all. I've explained on here many times what happened with Zeli, a mix of injuries and awful management did his career.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don’t get the issue about the transfer fee. It was an investment in the potential of the player not his current ability. For similar money Newcastle got jolinton, villa got Wesley and West Ham got haller. Those players have almost zero ability to improve and all of them will be worth less than the fee paid. I’m not saying silva will definitely be a success but compared to those bunch of no hopers it’s not like we have lost an excessive amount of money.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn’t sign him as a £35m player, we signed him because our recruitment team felt he would be a £75m player in 3-4 years time. By which point we wouldn’t be able to afford him. Patience, trust.
Yup. Too many on here are extreme short-termists who would blow the budget on players who won't improve and would likely have zero resale value.

Just saw @Bob Wolf's post - think that l'm in violent agreement with him except he was more erudite and comprehensive.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to read that Silva did well for the U21s last night. I've been critical, not of the lad per-se, but the money spent when we need a finisher to score goals at the moment, as well as someone like Silva for the future.
Do I now think he'll be the next Sheringham or Bull based on a couple of goals for the U21s? -No.
Am I delighted that scoring a few will do his confidence no harm at all? - Yes
Is he ready to compete for a first team place? - No
Will we struggle for goals this season, especially if Raul gets injured? - Yes.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
This is why Ive always loved us as fans, somebody always has to have it! I recall as a teenager being bewildered by Robbie dennision. For 85 minutes fans around me would berate Robbie "you idle xxxx, your xxxxx" then Bully would knock one in and it would "Robbie, Robbie dennison"
Tuesday afternoon silva is s##t too slow. Waste of money etc. Two goals in the reserves against Doncaster and he is like sherringham and bull.
Come on all let's think about it, let's just see how it works out he may be decent or may be a cash payment to mendes, who knows but let's not give an 18 year old too much expectation or grief.
If we need a hate fix ring talk sport and give Jamie some, I've noticed he doesn't include wolves in his illustrious career when talking from experience, he could do with reminding!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs more time at this level to get to grips with the English game and environment, goals will help him confidence wise without a doubt. He's not ready from premier league just yet (or certainly not to any real benefit to the team) so I'd leave him in this group for as many games as possible

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This forum is hilarious sometimes. From one day to another, he goes from being a useless Mendes favor to Sheringham and Bully-esque! :D

Good thing our scouts and the Portuguese youth coaches have a ton of faith in him, unlike those on the Mix :)
Your right to a degree,there are very different views but from very different posters
The lad had a decent game for an U21 team against Donny,no one has said much else really
I have said he reminded me of Sherringham just in his style of running and play,not comparing him at all,others stated his second goal was very Bully like,and it was, brave header,run on, hit it,nothing more
Ive always praised players when they play well,no matter what the opposition,and will criticise if they play poorly,just like the majority of posters on here
Of course you get the few that over react with a win and do the same when we lose,its football and we are most definitely Wolves ay we ?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now seen the highlights and he took his goals well, especially the second one where after getting onto the mistake he did everything right in making sure the defender couldn't get a tackle in before a very cool finish. Liked his left footed effort myself, not because he sent it over! But the turn to create the opening, sent me the wrong way as well as the defenders! It's also an important trait for a striker to have in my opinion, being able/willing to shoot with either foot

Last night can only do him good

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellently taken goals .
Those saying he lacks pace, need to look again.
He's gonna be a STAR.
Well worth the money.
Needs more game time with the 1st team, to build up Premier League confidence.
Couldn't do much worse than our current strike force.
The critics need to lay off him. PATHETIC nonsense.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
He's gonna be a STAR.
Well worth the money.
Well said Elvis

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Fabio for me last night was very good. Took his goals well, all be it he did shank another 2 chances. What I liked most was his off the ball work. He was always looking to make a run for the ball or offering himself for the ball.

I think once he has bulked out a bit, like podence and neto said that they both had to do. He will be a great player for our first team. He needs for me a season or two to mature physically and he will score goals and be that player that can take over from Raul. I know we have only seen the one game at under 23/league 1 level but has a lot of positives for me.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good to hear this. A few more performances like this will buoy his confidence. As many of us have said he will need a year or so to acclimatise to England and the Premier League and get into the Nuno way of doing things. But he is not ready to offer Jimenez real support for now so there is a big gap there in the first team for at least 12 months.

D

Deleted member 11332

He's gonna be a STAR.
Well worth the money.

I watched the whole game last night and still think he lacks pace, I'm not saying he's slow but he's not going to be running away from premier League defenders currently, not really a criticism it just means he'll have to adapt his game. He looked an excellent finisher and had good feet in tight spaces round the box though.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the whole game last night and still think he lacks pace, I'm not saying he's slow but he's not going to be running away from premier League defenders currently, not really a criticism it just means he'll have to adapt his game. He looked an excellent finisher and had good feet in tight spaces round the box though.
Not sure why he will have To adapt his game

Doesn’t seem to use any pace whatsoever

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The game time and goals will have done him the world of good and based on his post match interview he has his feet firmly on the ground. Looks an instinctive finisher too, something we have lacked since Bully’s days.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not convinced he's a player who uses his pace anyway. I think as and when he bulks up a bit, I see him more of a Harry Kane type. He'll score goals, he'll hold the ball up and he'll link the game together at times by dropping deep.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The game time and goals will have done him the world of good and based on his post match interview he has his feet firmly on the ground. Looks an instinctive finisher too, something we have lacked since Bully’s days.
Dean Sturridge and latterly Ebanks Blake were both instinctive finishers.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He clearly has plenty of potential. Shows some nice touches on the ball, can turn and make an opportunity and shows some composure at shooting and finding the net.

I admit he has not managed to beat five players, wrong foot the goalkeeper and slot home in a ten minute cameo premier league appearance when we are losing 1-0. But I would suggest just a wee tad more patience from the negative idjuts that have run him down for absolutely **** all reason than they just want to have a go at a player.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He clearly has plenty of potential. Shows some nice touches on the ball, can turn and make an opportunity and shows some composure at shooting and finding the net.

I admit he has not managed to beat five players, wrong foot the goalkeeper and slot home in a ten minute cameo premier league appearance when we are losing 1-0. But I would suggest just a wee tad more patience from the negative idjuts that have run him down for absolutely **** all reason than they just want to have a go at a player.
Patience on here? Joking arent ya.

Its utterly ridiculous that we paid £35 million for him and he hasnt scored 4 goals in his hour of appearances in total so far. George Mendez has ripped us off again and Nuno is just his little lap dog, didnt you know? I blame Moxley.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patience on here? Joking arent ya.

Its utterly ridiculous that we paid £35 million for him and he hasnt scored 4 goals in his hour of appearances in total so far. George Mendez has ripped us off again and Nuno is just his little lap dog, didnt you know? I blame Moxley.
Ignorance & nonsense.. it's Jorge Mendes and who's this Moxley? If you mean Moxey he's gone years ago and you've spelt his name wrong also.

This is nearer the truth the last sentence's of the report in the Express & Star..
Wolves Under-21s are through to the knockout stages of the Trophy courtesy of Fabio Silva's double.
He could have fell into the trap of thinking he was above this, but he showed both ability and attitude in abundance..
A top all night all-round in South Yorkshire.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Ignorance & nonsense.. it's Jorge Mendes and who's this Moxley? If you mean Moxey he's gone years ago and you've spelt his name wrong also.

This is nearer the truth the last sentence's of the report in the Express & Star..
Wolves Under-21s are through to the knockout stages of the Trophy courtesy of Fabio Silva's double.
He could have fell into the trap of thinking he was above this, but he showed both ability and attitude in abundance..
I can't help but think I should put you back into pre mod so that I can save you from yourself.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was being sarcastic. Sweet Jesus.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing that amazes me is so many people still don’t understand what Fosun are trying to do at Wolves.

Don’t want to be rude but some of you are absolutely clueless.

We are investing in players that will (hopefully) improve while increasing in value and take the club forward.

With the exception of the odd cheap, older player (Moutinho, Marcel) we are picking up young players to be part of a 5/10/20 year plan.
We’d have all loved to see Rodriguez and Allan come here this summer instead of Everton. In the short term it would have improved the side. BUT that clearly isn’t the approach we are taking.
Anyone who is expecting established, top stars to come here in the next couple of years is going to be very disappointed.

It’s like Silva, I keep reading “but we need more goals now”. Do we? They’d be nice but not essentialWe are on 13 points from 8 games. We are established. We have zero chance of being in a relegation fight. We are in a perfect position to build sensibly.

Were we better spunking loads of money now on a couple of “names” or looking to the long term? They’ve clearly seen something in Silva that can be nurtured over the next year or 2. There’s every chance that 35 mil could look a snip in a few years. Same with Vitanha and Neto.

It’s obvious what Wolves as a club are doing. It will take time to progress, if people aren’t patient enough to put up with some less than thrilling performances while it’s happening then they may as well **** off, because I’ll tell you know, things aren’t going to look much different over the next 18 months.

Personally, after all the tales of clubs throwing daft money at fees and wages chasing a dream I think it’s great that we’re taking a measured approach to progress.

Back
Top Bottom