Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well played Fabio. That performance showed potential for me.

He does lack a yard of pace but his positioning and runs were well timed and he puts his foot in too.

He’ll get better with more minutes and he should start next week.
He did well. Knocked off the ball a couple of times in the first half, loved a turn he did in the second half. A couple of better passes/crosses and he may have had the goal. Minutes will do him good and I do see a good player for the future.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a tough act to follow because Jimenez has so much experience.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he did well. Always showed for the ball and made some good touches in build up play, including our first goal

Needs a bit more strength as got knocked off the ball a few times, and felt he could have maybe got closer to one or two of Neto's crosses but all in all he did well, especially considering the circumstances that got him onto the pitch

Now starting to see a bit more of him I think he may end up being more of a Sheringham type centre forward, with touch and guile and good finishing rather that out and out pace behind the back... obviously similar to Raul as well

That was a promising showing, and he didn't let anyone down. Another step forward in his progression but I think we are more likely to go the extra man in midfield against Liverpool and bring in Neves and he will be back on the bench... but he's certainly given himself a chance of starting

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked ok. He’s got a chance now to play a few games
I’m sure. A goal would really help his confidence and I’m sure it will come

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Did superbly considering the multiple factors naturally against him.

Clearly has the brain, just needs to develop his build and add a yard of pace.

The potential is there.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good link-up play and made himself available. He made some good runs as well. Just needs to hit the gym for a couple of years to strengthen up and add a bit of acceleration to his game. He looks a confident lad. A good night for him.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
He has an opportunity now whilst Raul recovers. He will get more game time that expected, he’s 18 and has the ability this is a big learning curve for him in the hardest league in the world he will have tough games, we need to stick by him.

Hope the lad gets an early goal. Hope the moaners don’t start on him because of the price tag he didn’t ask for.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Obviously not up there with the physical side of the game but it's only a matter of time before he gets there.

I was impressed by him tonight. I'm excited to be honest.

He's got one thing that is much more difficult to develop in post-youth football years. That is a footballing brain. He's so intelligent with and without the ball. I thought for an 18-years old thrown into a difficult game in even more difficult circumstances, his link-up play was very good.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well. Physically reminds me a bit of Neto when he first came and look how he's bulked up.

Think Fabio will follow suit. Thought he did well, some decent touches and unlucky on a couple of occasions.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never hides from the ball, really like the look of him

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So now that he's no longer the biggest waste of money since money was invented ;) (not that I was ever part of that crowd, I hasten to add!!), what are the odds on him getting a hat-trick at Anfield next week?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well pleased for the lad, thought he was good.
Give the boy time and I reckon we'll have a star on our hands. Well done Fabio.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I havent been impressed to be honest but i thought he did well tonight. Showed some good hold up play. As hard as it is we need to forget the fee, expect little and allow his development to take its natural course. Needs to develop physically and when he does it will really help.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So now that he's no longer the biggest waste of money since money was invented ;) (not that I was ever part of that crowd, I hasten to add!!), what are the odds on him getting a hat-trick at Anfield next week?
I don't think anyone on here has said he's a waste of money; how can we we haven't seen him till tonight? What some, incl me, have said is it's a lot to pay for an unproven 18 year old. I would not be surprised to see him on the bench at Anfield as Nuno tries to confound us once again with his selection? He did well tonight though.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff has been snapped, over dinner last night I believe - with Porto Forward Fabio Silva and his father Jorge.

It seems this could be a possibility, with a Portuguese site reporting he is set to join for €40 Million.
View attachment 17334
Ps - although not the intention of the first post, which was like all of us felt a statement of genuine excitement, I would prefer this thread to be titled Fabio Silva and no longer reference the transfer fee. The more we remember he is a developing 18 year old and stop talking about the transfer fee the better.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Lacks physicality and seemed to tire which is to be expected at his age. Intelligence and skill a plenty. I know which of these is easier to develop.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think you need to be a scout to see why we wanted him so badly. Needs to adapt to first team football. Get physically stronger and adapt to the change in tempo. But you can see he understands the game, natural movement and good feet.

I think we could be talking a couple years rather then months before he starts to live up to the price tag. But he's definitely a very talented player.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Promising.

Some very nice touches and was regular where he needed to be.

Pleasingly, it looks as though he wants to improve and has a bit about him as well.

I’ve been critical with our recruitment at times but you have to credit those who make the decisions for identifying those with the right character/mentality.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A nice cameo from him (OK, 80 minutes), however I would be really surprised if he starts against Liverpool.

IMO when we didnt have the ball we looked like we were down a man. Might be a tad unfair on a teenager, but the amount of defensive work Raul does is immense and I just dont see Fabio contributing anything near those levels.

It will be all-hands on-deck against Livarpool so dont think it's the right game for him.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not only does he need to build his strength up but he then has to learn how to use that to his advantage, Raul didn't really start doing that till he was like 22/23. That's 4-5 years away for Fabio! I really think people expect too much from him.

D

Deleted member 4008

I think he will be fine with some game time . Who will be back up to him though now from the reserves.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I liked the bit in the first half when he got the ball in the box, his touch got him a bit of space and he got a shot in. Think it got blocked away but it showed his quality. The pass when Traore hit the side netting was great too.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ps - although not the intention of the first post, which was like all of us felt a statement of genuine excitement, I would prefer this thread to be titled Fabio Silva and no longer reference the transfer fee. The more we remember he is a developing 18 year old and stop talking about the transfer fee the better.

Your wish is my command!

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he will be fine with some game time . Who will be back up to him though now from the reserves.
You would have thought Corbeanu, as he been smashing it with his performances in the u23s and from watching the games looks very tidy

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think one of the biggest things you could say about his game last night was he didn't play like an 18 year old. Physically yes but there was plenty of intelligence and awareness shown that's way beyond his years. I keep harking on about Neto's development but when you look at where Neto was when he joined compared to now, especially from a physical perspective, it's hard not to get a little excited at what Silva might become

But last night was also a huge show of faith from Nuno throwing him in as a straight replacement for Raúl with 86 minutes left. If Nuno wasn't confident in him he would have switched it around slightly.

Anfield would be a nice place to get your first PL start... and goal

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some people talking about his strength and of course he's not at Rauls level of physicality yet but never noticed him pulling out of any challenges and wasn't afraid of getting involved. Got clattered down by the touchline at one stage and I expected him to roll around a bit but fair play to the lad, he got straight up and got on with it. I'd be surprised if Raul is able to start against Liverpool but I'm not concerned about Fabio starting. While he's getting lots of credit for last night, we have to be careful not to expect too much, if he has the odd 'mare' don't want peiple getting on his back

Back
Top Bottom