Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Trophy Final

Hazza

Reaction score
Off to see home town club Brackley in final tomorrow, anyone else going - chance to give a certain R Johnson who plays for Bromley a bit of stick!

Coffer Wolf

Reaction score
Went to see Stafford Rangers play Kettering back in the day.

A 52 seater coach hired by the GEC Apprentices. great boozy day out. :D

gewolf

Reaction score
' a certain R Johnson who plays for Bromley' and 'great boozy day out'.

Surely two quotes seldom seen in the same thread?? :)

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1-1 FT Roger Johnson OG 95th minute!!!

Mr Jingles

Groupie
Reaction score
Sitting here with the Bromley fans, my home town, and kept a close eye on Johnson thinking how on earth was this guy being touted as the next great England centre back after his performance for Birmingham in the cup final before he signed for us. What a fall from grace absolutely useless, and then scores an own goal in the 95th min. You couldn’t make it up.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sitting here with the Bromley fans, my home town, and kept a close eye on Johnson thinking how on earth was this guy being touted as the next great England centre back after his performance for Birmingham in the cup final before he signed for us. What a fall from grace absolutely useless, and then scores an own goal in the 95th min. You couldn’t make it up.
I don’t like him but it is not a fall from grace playing at this level when you are 35

F

Flynn

I don’t like him but it is not a fall from grace playing at this level when you are 35

Absolutely. Plenty former PL players just want to keep playing so drop down to get games. Grant Holt spent the season just gone at Barrow AFC.

You don't have to look much further for an actual fall from grace - Jamie O'Hara signing for Billericay at the age of 30.

Ruislip Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Congratulations to Brackley. I moved here 6 months ago, great for the town. Unlucky Johnson

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congratulations to Brackley. Talk about fairytale stories.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Well done to Brackley! Apparently the striker they had Williams, he's a Wednesbury boy, well played! I've not met him I don't think, he went to the 'other' high school haha!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok he was a divisive figure, but the ‘turning up drunk for training’ is a complete travesty. Because we were playing Fulham (I think) on a Sunday, there wouldn’t be training on the Monday. He wasn’t playing and obviously went on the raz. However because we were hammered by Fulham the squad were ordered in on the Monday. Unfortunately for Roger, he was beyond recall when he got that message.

I also have to say, that I never saw him not give 100% in a game for Wolves. Yes he had a few stickers but he never hid.

However, having said that, let the witch hunt continue, there can’t be many more opportunities left for the naysayers to hammer him. In fairness, the naysayers have had a fairly lean time over the past 12 months :p

D

Deleted member 4257

Ok he was a divisive figure, but the ‘turning up drunk for training’ is a complete travesty. Because we were playing Fulham (I think) on a Sunday, there wouldn’t be training on the Monday. He wasn’t playing and obviously went on the raz. However because we were hammered by Fulham the squad were ordered in on the Monday. Unfortunately for Roger, he was beyond recall when he got that message.

I also have to say, that I never saw him not give 100% in a game for Wolves. Yes he had a few stickers but he never hid.

However, having said that, let the witch hunt continue, there can’t be many more opportunities left for the naysayers to hammer him. In fairness, the naysayers have had a fairly lean time over the past 12 months :p
Take it you werent at Wigan away that year?

Hazza

Reaction score
1-1 FT Roger Johnson OG 95th minute!!!

If Carlsberg did Cup finals. What a day, RJ own goal superb and a comeback in pens to win it. Absolutely brilliant.

Only 15000 people live here and over 6000 at Wembley

Clubs come a long way in last 15 years, just amazing and great end to the season

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off to see home town club Brackley in final tomorrow, anyone else going - chance to give a certain R Johnson who plays for Bromley a bit of stick!

Me and my son were there. We live in Bromley and we often watch them...usually midweek when we're not watching Wolves. Great support for Bromley today, around 17-18,000 supporters from South London. A good club and I'm gutted for their loyal following.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well done to Brackley! Apparently the striker they had Williams, he's a Wednesbury boy, well played! I've not met him I don't think, he went to the 'other' high school haha!
He trained my son at Hilltop Rangers, really nice guy, scored 35 goals this season for Brackley

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nice double helping of schaudenfreude as watched in the early hours...(1)Herr Johnson and (2) many years ago,
a bad day (or very silly/good nite before) playing against Bromley in the FA Cup. Flew out to join rest of stag week after the game, to the banter of "Do you know how to catch a plane, keeper?"

Local newspaper headlines had me hanging up the serious football gloves.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id really recommend going to non league finals day. Great value for £25 adults to sit in Club Wembley and watch these two non league finals. Involving teams whose players it actually means something for them to play at Wembley.

D

Deleted member 4257

No. What happened in that game?

He was warming up during game down side of pitch, we chanted the its your round chant (last game of season and we were exhausted after that season, all fairly good natured) then he started mouthing off at us,Wigan fans applaud him and he applauds back. Then many of our lot pile forward after him. He is a ****.
This season just keeps on giving, well done Brackley for making him look a **** yet again.

Back
Top Bottom