Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup. Have Wolves missed a chance.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted even more at how the draw is panning out, those Manc ****s could spawn their way quite far with a lucky draw or 2.

Play that game again and we probably win it more than not.

Roll on next week.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tranmere will probably beat Manchester United, but yes, we should have done so, but Nuno clearly has his eyes on bigger things. That in itself is sad because there was a time when the FA Cup was the trophy to win.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as i'd like to see us go far in every competition i think the rest the team will get will be invaluable
I love the fa cup but the league and Europe especially is the priority

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. We simply cannot pick and choose, irrespective of our small squad, knackered players, etc. Plus I'm a wee bit lost this weekend, like international breaks!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not as if we went out on purpose. Played our best available team, barring the keeper, for the replay. Every loss is a missed chance I suppose.

Personally think it will prove a blessing and extra rest periods will do us good whereas hopefully Utd, Spurs and Chelsea keep plodding through the cup.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. We simply cannot pick and choose, irrespective of our small squad, knackered players, etc. Plus I'm a wee bit lost this weekend, like international breaks!

Tell me about it, The Enemy wants to go shopping and I ain’t got an excuse now!

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels great we can fully concentrate on the league and Europa league now- good rest for the lads also, we can win the fa cup next season

Gromit

Reaction score
Irrelevant. We're out. Move on to bigger and better things.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No jetting round the world for meaningless internationals.
No 45 hours recoup time in between City and Liverpool matches.

it’s a proper well earned rest for the team, I just hope Raul doesn’t think it’s too quiet.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind the FA Cup. I have a feeling we will give them a right caning in the Premier League.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rest up and take the pace to some tired United legs.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind the FA Cup. I have a feeling we will give them a right caning in the Premier League.
As much as I hope your right, when was the last time we had an easy win, let alone give some club a caning? The lads must get so tired of always having to claw their way back, scrounge up a draw or a win.
The team work so hard and they’re very talented, .....don’t they deserve a nice comfy couple wins.

Last edited:

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted even more at how the draw is panning out, those Manc ****s could spawn their way quite far with a lucky draw or 2.

Play that game again and we probably win it more than not.

Roll on next week.
If Wolves HAD won that game then every single thing that happened after would have been different. Absolutely no guarantee that Watford would have lost the replay or that we would only have lost by one to Liverpool.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, the players need a rest and we played pretty much our strongest team against Manure in the replay, we still have the PL and Europa League to focus on, Im pretty sure the Club will be looking at winning the EL so lets concentrate on whats still do-able this season.. once the EL starts up again the games will come thick and fast again so enjoy the break, Im sure the players will enjoy some family time..

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We went as strong as we could in the cup against Man U and had it not been for Doherty managing to head against his own arm we would have gone through, even then we could have won the replay if we had taken the lead we deserved in the first half

But

When you consider our next league opponents, the size of that game and the effect it could have on our European push, would you rather be in our shoes or our opponents'?

Let the lads have a well deserved rest. Nobody wants to go out of the cups but going out of the FA Cup early might just give us the capability to recharge our batteries and really have a go at a much bigger prize (in the grand scheme of things)

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rather not have our players playing on tranmeres pitch as well added factor League 2 side prob being a bit more physical too

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves HAD won that game then every single thing that happened after would have been different. Absolutely no guarantee that Watford would have lost the replay or that we would only have lost by one to Liverpool.
The butterfly effect.

Joking apart, I always find it fascinating that nobody ever, ever considers this when reviewing previous games/results.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am missing not being in the FA Cup but some great arguments on here for moving on. IF we win the EL (or even get to the semis) and/or qualify for the champs league, we're in ****ing dream world and the FA Cup 2019/20 campaign will pale into insignificance.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The worst thing for me when we lose in the third round is the empty 4th round weekend. Not this time though, they play twice before we go there and the place will be in meltdown. League points would be brilliant.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the context, we need the rest. I hate going out of cups, especially as we've got a squad that really has that itch for a trophy, but we've got Europe and we are in the hunt for returning to it next year. Going out was not through any lack of effort or commitment, it was one of those things.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
We could have done no more.

We fielded our strongest side other than keeper and Ruddy had a blinder on the night.

We lost fair and square. Get over it move on to the league game next week.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The butterfly effect.

Joking apart, I always find it fascinating that nobody ever, ever considers this when reviewing previous games/results.

I think if you have to consider the butterfly effect in your post match comments then you're pretty much screwed. If "so and so" scored that goal in the first minute then nothing that subsequently happened would have happened. It kills the conversation stone dead. Interesting point though...

... unless you believe in destiny!! Perhaps we lost the replay as we're destined to win the Europa League. :D

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Gotta be honest I’ve just seen a load well a few albion fans in Wetherspoons in wednesbury heading down to West Ham and it did make me wish we were still in the cup, but actually we have bigger fish to cook, good to have a weekend off ready for Utd next weekend!

North Bank

Reaction score
I’d say most ‘younger’ football fans couldn’t careless about it but I love the FA cup, Don Goodman winner v Leeds on that run to the semis is one of my first footballing memories. However, this season a Europa League run is much more important for our owners, most of the fans but more importantly, to show the current players that we’re at the level we need to be to keep them at the club.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This next couple of weeks is a welcome bit of relief from a very heavy schedule, it allows the players to rest and re-focus ahead of the final push for top four and EL progression; we have players coming back from injury and hopefully a couple of new additions to the squad coming in so are very well placed to challenge in both remaining tournaments.
In other years the domestic cups may be a bigger priority, but we have plenty to play for as it is.
So I think it is probably for the best this time round.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I love the cup. Gutted to be out. Last season was fantastic and another cup run this year would have been brilliant.
All of that said, this year we get to try for a cup run in Europe. I think fourth in the league is beyond us, but sixth is achievable.
If we get to look back at the end of the season, having gone to the quarter final of the Europa League or further, and finished top six, then the FA Cup will have been a worthwhile sacrifice to make. If we go out against Espanyol or finish lower in the league, then we'll wish we stayed in the cup.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at this Tranmere game, gutted it is United and not us.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at this Tranmere game, gutted it is United and not us.

Personally, I'm delighted our lads have this weekend off to recharge their batteries and that they will be fresh going into our game at Old Trafford next Saturday. Far rather finish 6th or higher in the Prem than have another FA Cup run distracting from the league and the Europa.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I suppose there is a silver lining in being out of the cup.....we don’t have to face Shrewsbury again. They held Liverpool to a 2-2 draw. .....lol

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Nuno put out a fairly strong team in the FA Cup against Manure. More so in the League Cup we missed a chance..
He should have put out a stronger team against Vanila!

R

reanswolf

Its getting much easier to win, but this year we have to concentrate on Premier League and Europa League.
Just can't stretch it to 3 comps.

Back
Top Bottom