Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup Final

Inky

Reaction score
Apparently the 5.15 kick off has come about because fans and broadcasters want it. Broadcasters I can understand, they want as much exposure around the world as possible, but which fans have they spoke to? In my opinion the FA Cup Final should be the final game of the season and a Saturday 3pm KO.

W

Wolvesthrunthru

They haven't spoken to the Scousers who can't get back to Pool because the last trains run at 8pm

D

Dewsburywolf

They haven't spoken to the Scousers who can't get back to Pool because the last trains run at 8pm

Since when were fans who actually attend games taken into consideration? Think the Manchester derby last Monday, how much consideration were the Yanited fans given?

W

WasStefan

I highly doubt with the amount of demand for scousers to get back to Liverpool tonight that train services won't be running later than usual, that's be a bit foolish surely? Easy money for train companies.

J

johnybig32

Train services are being disrupted because of repairs.

No more trains are running.

H

Hatch End

And a crash on the M40 at 5.00 this morning has closed the road until midday!

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of us still remember when the cup final was the biggest day in the English football calendar and when your team was in the final it became a fantastic day.
Agree with Inky, it should be a 3pm kick-off on the last day of the season.
Any great cup final day
When you walk down Wembley Way
You'll hear them all
Shouting it's the Wolves Ball
Goal!!
To the tune of the Lambeth Walk obviously.
So I'm old!! Happy days.

A

andyc225

Since when were fans who actually attend games taken into consideration? Think the Manchester derby last Monday, how much consideration were the Yanited fans given?

It wasn't much of a problem for them, London trains run late from Manchester.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isI no point in the FA cup anymore.

I cant whip up any enthusiasm for it. Never have been able to.

They say its a generation thing but i'll be 36 tomorrow and people my age used to speak fondly about it. I dont know anyone who give a toss about it any more.

W

WasStefan

Think the FA cup has been much better this year compared to previous years. It was becoming the carling cup mk2 but this season I think it's took a step away from that.

P

PeteWolf

I can understand the fans thing, with the league games kicking off early apparently there were a lot of away fans travelling home who missed it last year.

The solution of course would be to have no league games on that day/weekend, but that's another argument.

Personally I do think it's a good idea to have it a week before the end of the season. I know it's traditional and all, but being realistic, the cup doesn't mean as much any more, especially compared to the last weekend of the PL when there's still things to play for. At least with this date it's played whilst peoples minds are still focussed on football instead of packed up for the summer.

J

johnybig32

I thought the FA cup was the only game played that day.

TV and money have changed football.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
My Liverpool STH mates at work had to get on their supporters coach at 7am this morning in Wolverhampton, god knows what they are going to do all day!!!

P

PeteWolf

I thought the FA cup was the only game played that day.

We were away at Sunderland, 12:45 ko.

The good old days, staying in the Premier League, no Roger Johnson, Terry Connor not manager. Good times.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It used to be such a glorious day and now it has lost all of its charm. Due to the skewed nature of football nowadays its inevitably another game between Liverpool Chelsea Man U Arsenal . . . sick of the sameness, bored with it tbh

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the FA cup has been much better this year compared to previous years. It was becoming the carling cup mk2 but this season I think it's took a step away from that.

Agree with that.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last bit of shine of the FA Cup went when Sky lost the TV rights imo.

We all have our opinions regarding Sky but their coverage is 2nd to none. I hardly even know its an FA cup round these days due to the lack of coverage from other channels.

EDIT:- thinkin about it abit more but maybe there is too much football coverage on TV and if SKY lost the rights to the PL would it make more fans go to games to get there football fix?

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WasStefan

The good old days, staying in the Premier League, no Roger Johnson, Terry Connor not manager. Good times.

If I remember correctly at that time we looked asif we were going down? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cooper_J

It should be the end of season showpiece and playing at Wembley should mean playing in the final.

The FA worry so much about the 'brand', then they completely devalue it by it not being the final game of the season, by playing the semi at Wembley and by allowing it to kick off at 5.15.

It's an absolute joke.

W

WasStefan

The last bit of shine of the FA Cup went when Sky lost the TV rights imo.

We all have our opinions regarding Sky but their coverage is 2nd to none. I hardly even know its an FA cup round these days due to the lack of coverage from other channels.

Agree. ESPN don't have the same subscription base therefore dedicated/quality of broadcast that Sky do.

And well, ITV... Absolutely terrible at broadcasting sport end of.

C

cooper_J

And we won. I've forgotten what that feels like.

D

Deleted member 3751

Last year made the FA Cup look like a side show with PL games kicking off before and after. For me the final should still be played the week after the final league game, it's lost all it's magic in a very short space of time - in fact, since the PL took over, funny coincidence that...

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Come on Chelski!...hope Torres scores a hat-trick!

G

gordonchas

Those of my generation will remember sitting in front of the TV from 10am on Cup Final morning.

It's lost its appeal almost totally now and the reason, I think, is because in those days it was the only live football match broadcast in the season (apart from occasional England internationals).

When league games started being shown live, the FA Cup became just another game.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Those of my generation will remember sitting in front of the TV from 10am on Cup Final morning.

It's lost its appeal almost totally now and the reason, I think, is because in those days it was the only live football match broadcast in the season (apart from occasional England internationals).

When league games started being shown live, the FA Cup became just another game.

Can't say I disagree gordonchas, cup final day was one of the highlights of the year. The whole day was exciting, the match itself just seemed to fly by, and then it was outside with the football pretending you were the cup final hero. Now it's quite often boring, the commentators are ridiculously patronising and you forget the whole thing within half an hour.

P

professor_fate

Match to be thrown at after 5 red cards per side. JT to pull a Cantona on KK and Lampard and Gerrard to brawl in the technical area.

W

wolvesman

Can't say I disagree gordonchas, cup final day was one of the highlights of the year. The whole day was exciting, the match itself just seemed to fly by, and then it was outside with the football pretending you were the cup final hero. Now it's quite often boring, the commentators are ridiculously patronising and you forget the whole thing within half an hour.

Agree entirely ..how far up players backsides, can some of these pundits get!!!
no wonder there are so many big time charlies in the game now:rolleyes:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not popular with fans in Vietnam - means we have to stay up until 1am - but the good news is the bars stay open until then

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Liverpool STH mates at work had to get on their supporters coach at 7am this morning in Wolverhampton, god knows what they are going to do all day after they've bought the City's football club, knocked up a quick stand, a few houses and then got them relegated?

Have corrected the glaring inaccuracies.

Back
Top Bottom