Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA cup challenge -advice sought

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This season I've been doing an FA cup challenge with my seven year old son.

We started at Wembley FC v Bearsted in the extra preliminary round, our tenth game was the Black Country Derby and the eleventh at Molineux on Wednesday. We're hoping to make it back to Wembley for the final and semi final.

My question is do you expect the Coventry game to sell out before it goes on general sale and if so does anyone have any advice on how to secure us tickets?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
Sorry one other question.

My son thought it was really cool the kids on the screen during the Brighton match. Does anyone know how to get on that?

Is it the my first match package or something else?

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Pretty sure cov won't go to general sale tbh particularly with them having the lower tier and the quadrant.
You could try the ticket Facebook group, keep an eye out for pairs being sold in the week leading up to the game. You can check if the seller is on the trusted list on there.
Wolves F.C Tickets Buy / Sell | Facebook

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This season I've been doing an FA cup challenge with my seven year old son.

We started at Wembley FC v Bearsted in the extra preliminary round, our tenth game was the Black Country Derby and the eleventh at Molineux on Wednesday. We're hoping to make it back to Wembley for the final and semi final.

My question is do you expect the Coventry game to sell out before it goes on general sale and if so does anyone have any advice on how to secure us tickets?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
I would be amazed if tickets don't sell out at the members stage. Your only hope would be to contact fan services at the club: fanservices@wolves.co.uk

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the kids on the screens are the 11 mascots we have each game
I had wondered that. Mascot packages are normally booked way ahead. I'm not sure if those who were booked to do the Bournemouth PL game will do the Coventry game - l'd assume so.

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
You may have to make do with going to a crap game like Man U v Liverpool then wait to see us again in the semis and the final ;)
Yeah definitely would be easier but my rule from the start was I had to follow the winner and have made it so far (although the Black Country Derby was very tricky) so determined to try and make it through. Means the only decision was the first game and then everything else in the hands of fate.

Been remarkably lucky so far with the longest trip from East London being Molineux. Avoided some long ones like Jersey, Isle of Wight, Torquay, Barrow, Carlisle and Newcastle! I work in Wembley so the final two legs will be familiar travel.

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
I had wondered that. Mascot packages are normally booked way ahead. I'm not sure if those who were booked to do the Bournemouth PL game will do the Coventry game - l'd assume so.
Yes I imagine they will have first dibs. I'll try and keep my eye out in case any become available.

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
I'm a Norwich fan but my son has somewhat more split loyalties in that he also supports Leyton Orient (our local team) and Barcelona (where we saw Ansu Fati play last year so funny to see him at Molineux on Wednesday).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
As you seem to be throwing some money at this possibly a WVI package is a possibility? Don't seem to be on sale currently, but imagine they will be available still - probably thick end of £200 each though.

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
Thank you. Thats punchy, especially as I expect I'll have to pay a fair bit for the semi tickets (final should be sorted). But I will have a look at the options. My son won't make much of a dent in a free bar!

I justified the membership on the basis of my hotel was £40 cheaper for the Friday night than the Saturday night and maybe go ves me a shot at a cheaper ticket for the semi.

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
You'd have had more variety if you hadn't had the misfortune to come across the eventual winners in the fourth round.
Haha yes. Assuming Wolves can get to the final they will be the team we've seen most (beating Aldershot who we saw four times against Lewes, Swindon, Stockport and West Brom). There has been quite a lot of variety in quality, grounds, catering and crowds (there were 100 people and four dogs at Wembley FC).

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
Thete might even be mascot packages available as it is in effect an extra unplanned game.
Hadn't thought of it that way. Would definitely be a fun thing to do. He has already been mascot once (for Southall v Hampton & Richmond Borough in the second qualifying round - our fourth match) and at least until before the last game it was his favourite match of the season.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn't thought of it that way. Would definitely be a fun thing to do. He has already been mascot once (for Southall v Hampton & Richmond Borough in the second qualifying round - our fourth match) and at least until before the last game it was his favourite match of the season.
Love the fact you’re doing this, I hope you make it all the way to the final, even better if it is with us! This is the sort of football stories that make us all love football

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah definitely would be easier but my rule from the start was I had to follow the winner and have made it so far (although the Black Country Derby was very tricky) so determined to try and make it through. Means the only decision was the first game and then everything else in the hands of fate.

Been remarkably lucky so far with the longest trip from East London being Molineux. Avoided some long ones like Jersey, Isle of Wight, Torquay, Barrow, Carlisle and Newcastle! I work in Wembley so the final two legs will be familiar travel.

I hope you weren’t in the Albion end, otherwise they would blame you for the trouble… :)

Only joking, I hope the club can help you out.

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
Love the fact you’re doing this, I hope you make it all the way to the final, even better if it is with us! This is the sort of football stories that make us all love football
Aw thank you. I've got my fingers firmly crossed. It's certainly been a fun adventure so far and I've never been to an FA cup final before.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thank you. Thats punchy, especially as I expect I'll have to pay a fair bit for the semi tickets (final should be sorted). But I will have a look at the options. My son won't make much of a dent in a free bar!

I justified the membership on the basis of my hotel was £40 cheaper for the Friday night than the Saturday night and maybe go ves me a shot at a cheaper ticket for the semi.
Hopefully you've got a plan now, but just to mention they've sorted out hospitality pricing. £132 for an adult in WV1 which is behind the North Bank goal. U14 prices if your lad can squeeze into that!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

See, that is a long trip that makes me feel your pain...

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
Hopefully you've got a plan now, but just to mention they've sorted out hospitality pricing. £132 for an adult in WV1 which is behind the North Bank goal. U14 prices if your lad can squeeze into that!

Thank you very much. Haven't got them sorted yet but hopefully will this week and if not will consider this again.

Not entirely clear how it works for a 12.15 kick off and my son's 7 so won't do too much damage into the buffet but good to see another option.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Haven't got them sorted yet but hopefully will this week and if not will consider this again.

Not entirely clear how it works for a 12.15 kick off and my son's 7 so won't do too much damage into the buffet but good to see another option.
I think you get parking at the ground included in the WV1 package also if that helps

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you have a bit of wedge to spare, maybe see if any corporate seats available?

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
North Bank though isn't it.
Compulsory exit with 5 mins o
If you have a bit of wedge to spare, maybe see if any corporate seats available?
Thanks. Someone posted a link to this. I'd rather save cash for the semi final so will gamble on them still being available later in the week.

I'm going to log on for members tickets first thing tomorrow and hopefully can get them then. The club said they expect them to go to that window.

I've seen the moans about the ticketing system. Not sure if it is best on laptop or mobile (or both?!).

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth ringing the club , they often seem more inclined to accommodate people in your sort of situation than actual wolves fans!!

Quattourdecim

Reaction score
Thank you very much for everyone's help and support. I managed to get us two tickets in the Billy Wright Lower this morning.

Ticket website had a bit of an aggressive timer and I couldn't get the map to work but otherwise seemed ok.

I'll hopefully be back on here in just over a week annoying people with questions about the semi final tickets (although there's loads of neutral/corporate tickets which are probably easier to get hold of).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you very much for everyone's help and support. I managed to get us two tickets in the Billy Wright Lower this morning.

Ticket website had a bit of an aggressive timer and I couldn't get the map to work but otherwise seemed ok.

I'll hopefully be back on here in just over a week annoying people with questions about the semi final tickets (although there's loads of neutral/corporate tickets which are probably easier to get hold of).
Re your last para l certainly hope that you are!

Back
Top Bottom