Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup, Brighton home

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes you should get the initial priority I agree ...but once you have give up that right it's tough....you shouldn't just be able to rock up at a quarter final cause the price, weather and team we get suit ya...if your seat is gone , join the que for the temporary stand......

I don't get why you're trying to create a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Surely anyone who went to a couple of pre-season or early cup games has no issue getting a ticket for Coventry? Unless there's been a change that I'm unaware of?

I'm a STH who has been to a few 'additional' games this year but couldn't get a ticket for Albion away. I just accepted it. I also chose not to got to Brighton because of the price and because I couldn't take my kid - so I should now sit in the temp stand instead of my regular seat because I chose not to attend one game? Nah.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm trying to encourage the fan who can't afford the luxury of a season ticket but might like an incentive to go against Rochdale in a 3rd round....

Not all season ticket holders would be guaranteed to get a ticket for the fa cup final....it will be done on loyalty....so if you haven't gone to any cup games the likelihood is you will miss out...
Pretty sure season ticket holders got first dibs for the Watford semi.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get why you're trying to create a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Surely anyone who went to a couple of pre-season or early cup games has no issue getting a ticket for Coventry? Unless there's been a change that I'm unaware of?

I'm a STH who has been to a few 'additional' games this year but couldn't get a ticket for Albion away. I just accepted it. I also chose not to got to Brighton because of the price and because I couldn't take my kid - so I should now sit in the temp stand instead of my regular seat because I chose not to attend one game? Nah.
Less seats available for Coventry cause they will get 5k......

Never said not missing one game would rule you out.....it would only rule you out if you hadn't gone to any as such.....there's loads of seasons ticket holders who dint attend any cup games.... different faces by me every cup game....

I said the same with away fixture at Albion , I felt sorry for the poor sods who went to Brentford away and Ipswich away in the cup , which anybody could have gone to but couldn't go to Albion...

Granted there is not right and wrong way but if I was a fan who hadn't got the finance for a season ticket, what's the point if me going to say Brentford replay if once we get far in the cup..

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that seriously the allocation for the final?
I’d assumed it was about 30k minimum!
No the final is a right ball ache.....be under 20k.... everybody will be moaning....trust me...

Wait till I start mentioning me cup loyalty schemes then....will upset everybody ...if you went to Chorley it won't guarantee you a ticket....

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Less seats available for Coventry cause they will get 5k......

Never said not missing one game would rule you out.....it would only rule you out if you hadn't gone to any as such.....there's loads of seasons ticket holders who dint attend any cup games.... different faces by me every cup game....

I said the same with away fixture at Albion , I felt sorry for the poor sods who went to Brentford away and Ipswich away in the cup , which anybody could have gone to but couldn't go to Albion...

Granted there is not right and wrong way but if I was a fan who hadn't got the finance for a season ticket, what's the point if me going to say Brentford replay if once we get far in the cup..

So are you advocating that someone who goes to say a pre-season game (£10), an early cup game (£15) and a couple of later rounds (£25) should get priority to Coventry over someone who's spent hundreds on a season ticket, has been to 19 games year after year, but misses the cup games?

Perhaps people who go to the early games chose to do so because it's cheap and they like to take the kids? The new faces that sit around you may be STH from elsewhere in the ground that sit in a different location in order to get seats together. WHich is exactly what I do

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So are you advocating that someone who goes to say a pre-season game (£10), an early cup game (£15) and a couple of later rounds (£25) should get priority to Coventry over someone who's spent hundreds on a season ticket, has been to 19 games year after year, but misses the cup games?

Perhaps people who go to the early games chose to do so because it's cheap and they like to take the kids? The new faces that sit around you may be STH from elsewhere in the ground that sit in a different location in order to get seats together. WHich is exactly what I do
Yes I get that.....

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those who went should be thanking those season ticket holders who didn't. That £5 'extra' turnout will have a knock on affect for all future cup games. the club got it wrong, and they know it. Someone will be getting a *******ing for such a poor decision.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn't bother. It was full of contradictions. The season ticket holders are loaded but tight. and the cup goers poor and generous. But it couldn't possibly work the other way around.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ones who went to Brentford home and Brighton should have first refusal for Coventry tickets regardless of there season ticket status for me....if you haven't attended those games you should lose you place in the que for Coventry.....jumping on the bandwagon.....

Might have a decent atmosphere instead of the premier league prawn sandwich crowd turning up....

Villa Ajax tickets were done on cup loyalty...

In fact all those fans who thought Brighton was too dear I wouldn't even apply for a ticket for the semi final or final for them ...I would do them a favour, save them being forced to fork out ..
I'm a season ticket holder. Couldn't make the Brentford game, went on Wednesday. Some of us have actual lives and can't make every game. And I'm not keen on prawns.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When? I can’t imagine it was ever as low as 17k but I’m happy to be proved wrong.

Tbf I can’t even remember what our allocation was for the Watford Semi final
It did used to be....I'm probably out of sink with the fa cup final , cause I haven't taken a lot of notice for years....at one time when it was the dogs the fa used to dish tickets out everywhere and proper fans used to miss out.....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re gonna really tempt fate if we start worrying about the ticket allocation for the final before we even play Coventry……

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It did used to be....I'm probably out of sink with the fa cup final , cause I haven't taken a lot of notice for years....at one time when it was the dogs the fa used to dish tickets out everywhere and proper fans used to miss out.....
2023 - 30,500 each City v Man U
2022 - 30,500 each Liverpool v Chelsea
2021 - 6,000 each Leicester v Chelsea (Covid)
2020 - Zero tickets each Chelsea v Leicester (Covid)
2019 - 28,000 each City v Watford
2018 - 28,000 each Man U v Chelsea
2017 - 28,000 each Chelsea v Arsenal
2016 - 28,000 each Man U v Palace
2015 - 25,000 each Villa v Arsenal
2014 - 25,000 each Arsenal v Hull
2013 - 25,000 each Wigan v City
2012 - 25,000 each Liverpool v Chelsea
2011 - 25,000 each Stoke v City
2010 - 25,000 each Chelsea v Portsmouth
2009 - 25,000 Everton v Chelsea
2008 - 25,000 Cardiff v Portsmouth
2007 - 25,000 Man U v Chelsea
2006 - 23,500 Liverpool v West Ham (Millennium Stadium)
2005 - 23,500 Man U v Arsenal (Millennium Stadium)
2004 - 27,000 for Man U @ 21,000 for Millwall (Millennium Stadium)
2003 - 25,000 each Arsenal v Southampton (Millennium Stadium)
2002 - 25,000 each Arsenal v Chelsea (Millennium Stadium)
2001 - 26,000 each Arsenal v Liverpool (Millennium Stadium)

I can’t find much info from the finals from the Old Wembley apart from a news article confirming both Everton and Man U each received 26,000 tickets in 1995

I think you’ve dreamt the 17,500 allocation tbf and yes I’m bored today lol

EDIT in 1990 the FA gave Palace 14k as they chose to give the bigger clubs (Man Utd that year) a higher percentage based on average attendance throughout the season.

Last edited:

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No the final is a right ball ache.....be under 20k.... everybody will be moaning....trust me...

Wait till I start mentioning me cup loyalty schemes then....will upset everybody ...if you went to Chorley it won't guarantee you a ticket....
I went to our 1-2 loss against Derby at the Baseball Ground in January 1971. Do I get a chance?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
This superfan stuff is utter nonsense...

Luckily I've got the highest points and can get to all away apart from Luton or Bournemouth. Even then with the help of away season ticket holders I was able to go.

However I remember a few years ago when the kids were younger it was impossible to go to home games let alone away. Going to a game was a privilege at the time..

It's all about personal circumstances. I'm sure majority of Wolves fans would go to many more games if their circumstances were different..

I ain't no superfan.

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its why the League Cup used to be called the Fans Cup, old Wembley split down the middle for fans approx 45k each. Now with new Wembley, the 2 finalists split 70000 tickets each (approx) and the other 20k tickets go to the FA.

Back
Top Bottom