Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup, Brighton home

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we know yet if it's going to be televised? The draw is that pants our tie is almost the most endearing other than Maidstone.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking to a Brighton fan tonight says they’re all up in arms about the cost too, reckons they won’t shift 3k

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Talking to a Brighton fan tonight says they’re all up in arms about the cost too, reckons they won’t shift 3k
Again, not being an apologist for the club, and agreeing that £30 for a midweek away game (presume they could have 4.5k if they wanted) is steep, I just don't see how £30 as opposed to £25 or even £20 is really the reason there. I had a look and their coaches (probably the only sensible way to travel for many) are £51. So just on that it's £71 if we'd been generous or £81. Crazy either way really. Imagine there aren't that many Brighton fans handy to Wolves to fill it up. I don't think they'd bring 3k if it was free to be honest.

Just by the by I also noticed it's 15 loyalty points for them if they do come, as opposed to 5 for their London games either side.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again, not being an apologist for the club, and agreeing that £30 for a midweek away game (presume they could have 4.5k if they wanted) is steep, I just don't see how £30 as opposed to £25 or even £20 is really the reason there. I had a look and their coaches (probably the only sensible way to travel for many) are £51. So just on that it's £71 if we'd been generous or £81. Crazy either way really. Imagine there aren't that many Brighton fans handy to Wolves to fill it up. I don't think they'd bring 3k if it was free to be honest.

Just by the by I also noticed it's 15 loyalty points for them if they do come, as opposed to 5 for their London games either side.
He thought they should be £15, he’s going as he lives in Stafford so was happy with the draw! Especially after having Stoke away too, that’s the 2 most local he could get

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Ignorant thing to say when we're in the middle of a cost of living crisis.
Tongue in cheek mate, apologies if you find that ignorant it wasn't meant to be.

That said I still don't think £25 is that bad for a 5th round tie, cheapest ticket for Brentford on Saturday is double that.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Tongue in cheek mate, apologies if you find that ignorant it wasn't meant to be.

That said I still don't think £25 is that bad for a 5th round tie, cheapest ticket for Brentford on Saturday is double that.
Yes, and that's what we should really be moaning about.

Honestly at Chelsea when you looked at their crowd, or saw them after the game, most were smiling. They didn't really care about the result of the game, they were there for a big day out, they'd seen 'their' team, got their half and half scarf, posted a few pics on Instagram, now they were off for a meal in the West End, they'd had a good time. That's what we'll become in the end if we charge people £50 and more for a ticket, once passionate heartbeat of a City, turned into a tourist attraction.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate posts like this. We're owned by billionaires ffs
Hate all the excuses when it comes to cup games....and then everybody moaning when they can't get Albion tickets.... ideally it could be a bit cheaper but it's hardly rip off prices is it....

The Brentford cup game was too cold and this one to dear....£25 isn't too dear for a decent cup game against decent opposition..it's about right....

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just out of interest I wonder what the other clubs in the 5th round are charging? I would be surprised if most of them were less than £25
It would be useful to know - my guess is most will be within £2 or £3 (10%) either way of £25

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get it’s a 5th round tie against PL opposition, but, it’s a midweek game against Brighton. I felt we were going to get more there for Brentford due to what awaited us if we won but this just feels a little greedy.

Saying that, I suppose it is a business and maybe the club are thinking that £20 last round and we only got 24,000 so we could feasibly get the same amount at an extra £10 each. They were never going lower that £20 and people moaned about that, too. Saying that, it’s a good time for the club to build even more of a rapport with the fans so it is still a PR blunder.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get it’s a 5th round tie against PL opposition, but, it’s a midweek game against Brighton. I felt we were going to get more there for Brentford due to what awaited us if we won but this just feels a little greedy.

Saying that, I suppose it is a business and maybe the club are thinking that £20 last round and we only got 24,000 so we could feasibly get the same amount at an extra £10 each. They were never going lower that £20 and people moaned about that, too. Saying that, it’s a good time for the club to build even more of a rapport with the fans so it is still a PR blunder.
Brighton are currently a top 6 team in European competition....one of the most attractive sides in the country....it's hardly Peterborough...

The club has lost 50m , 60m in the last two seasons on the accounts....they are hardly fleecing the fans with £25.....it's probably just about right when you consider where £25 gets you theses days...if people don't want to go because of added travel expenses etc then fair enough, nobody has a problem with that ....it's easier for the local fans like me to go.....but when people moan about loyalty points , closed shop away games like they will be if we get Villa away in a quarter final then some fans will react to that.... because a lot of fans don't bother going to cup games.....

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Actually pleased its midweek ....under the lights at Molineux somehow often brings out the best in both the team and fans ....Even the strip looks better
Even the no replay thing is good once you get a home tie could be £25 for 90 mins +10 then 30 +5 then penalties - value for money or what?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a completely different argument....but I have always been off the opinion that cup games should run separately as regard loyalty points and priority for future cup games....if you are a.premier league season ticket holder and don't attend say the first couple of cup games , you should lose your priority status for tickets in for the later rounds....the home and away games for cups should be done in a separate loyalty points basis.....

I'm a silver away season ticket holder but if I hadn't attended any cup games home and away I should not off had priority status to get Albion away tickets....that's priority status should have gone to the fans who had attended the home cup games and say Brentford and Ipswich cup game away.....for me it should be totally separate from your premier league priority....

Premier league loyalty should mean premier league preference......and cup loyalty should mean cup priority...

Last edited:

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate posts like this. We're owned by billionaires ffs
Write to Guo then and ask if he'll buy your ticket for you. Honestly don't know what people are moaning about. Yes in general football tickets are overpriced, but by today's standards, £25 for a Cup fifth round tie against a top half Premier League side is nothing to complain about. Hand on heart, who would buy one at £20 but not at £25?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton are currently a top 6 team in European competition....one of the most attractive sides in the country....it's hardly Peterborough...

The club has lost 50m , 60m in the last two seasons on the accounts....they are hardly fleecing the fans with £25.....it's probably just about right when you consider where £25 gets you theses days...if people don't want to go because of added travel expenses etc then fair enough, nobody has a problem with that ....it's easier for the local fans like me to go.....but when people moan about loyalty points , closed shop away games like they will be if we get Villa away in a quarter final then some fans will react to that.... because a lot of fans don't bother going to cup games.....
I 100% agree. What I would say is that even though Brighton are good now, they still aren’t a big, glamorous name so people still won’t be so up for going. You’re right about the loyalty points, some people do seem to want to have their cake and eat it but I just think that knocking the price down would have been a good gesture and would have possibly made for a bigger crowd to roar us into the next round.

I’m down south but went to the Brentford replay, I doubt I’ll be able to make this game even if the cost was a fiver and I got my travel costs paid for. It’s the midweek thing that is the killer unless work/family schedules open up nicely.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I 100% agree. What I would say is that even though Brighton are good now, they still aren’t a big, glamorous name so people still won’t be so up for going. You’re right about the loyalty points, some people do seem to want to have their cake and eat it but I just think that knocking the price down would have been a good gesture and would have possibly made for a bigger crowd to roar us into the next round.

I’m down south but went to the Brentford replay, I doubt I’ll be able to make this game even if the cost was a fiver and I got my travel costs paid for. It’s the midweek thing that is the killer unless work/family schedules open up nicely.
Off course I get all that....said loads of times, it's easy for me , I live down the road....just don't think a £5 on a match ticket makes the difference..

but a hell of a lot of season ticket holders don't go to cup games.....but expect there seats if we get man utd in a quarter final..

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off course I get all that....said loads of times, it's easy for me , I live down the road....just don't think a £5 on a match ticket makes the difference..

but a hell of a lot of season ticket holders don't go to cup games.....but expect there seats if we get man utd in a quarter final..
Yep, it’s why the new(ish) membership schemes helped me out and made more sense (although i can see why others might be peed off by it).

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I paid £18 vs Brentford. It would cost me £30 to go to Brighton.

Does the extract round and quality of opposition justify the price hike?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I paid £18 vs Brentford. It would cost me £30 to go to Brighton.

Does the extract round and quality of opposition justify the price hike?
I get what you are saying...but I don't see £30 for a side of the pitch view for 5th round fa cup game as extortionate.....not when you probably pay £40 for that seat on a premier league game... Brentford was cheap but not every cup game will be....we are a business...

A 3rd round replay is different to a 5th round game...

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get what you are saying...but I don't see £30 for a side of the pitch view for 5th round fa cup game as extortionate.....not when you probably pay £40 for that seat on a premier league game... Brentford was cheap but not every cup game will be....we are a business...

So by charging an extra £12 they are making an extra 250k ish?

It's a couple of weeks wages for our top earners. It's nothing. And they'd have probably made most of that back with the extra supporters that a cheaper ticket price would've brought in.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a couple of weeks wages for our top earners. It's nothing. And they'd have probably made most of that back with the extra supporters that a cheaper ticket price would've brought in.
I still think we will get a decent crowd....Christ wem playing well, on good form....people want us to take the cup seriously...so why wouldn't it be reasonable full....

If the reports are right in January that some were saying we could pay agents fees because of FFP, then we need all the 250k we can get....to up our turnover....

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I’m guessing it does it automatically…
It's a bit weird that they've suddenly made this the default after all the times it wasn't available! Imagine quite a few people won't notice and will be wondering where the email is (and indeed walk slightly nervously up to the turnstile!)

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think 250k is hardly nothing

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any other STHs struggling with the process of buying the tickets - the links on the website seem to be sending me round the houses and then finishing up with "event is no longer on sale" prompt?

Finally worked on umpteenth attempt

Last edited:

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually pleased its midweek ....under the lights at Molineux somehow often brings out the best in both the team and fans ....Even the strip looks better
More often than not the atmosphere is crap midweek. Especially if they schedule for 7:30 and your normal 25 mile 1 hour drive becomes a 2 hour drive to battle through the rush hour traffic pretty much everywhere . I set off at 5:05pm for the Brentford game. Got to the stadium at 7:15.

Back
Top Bottom