Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Explanation and clarification please Jeff

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really really really really don't ever want to see a round table discussion ever again.

I'm strongly of the belief that actions speak louder than words.

Our current actions are:
Botttom of the league.
An imbalance in the squad with key positions (still) not filled.
Rising ticket prices (an anomaly amongst PL clubs at the moment).
The most successful manager in my lifetime sacked.

The previous actions were excellent and rightly earned the respect of the fans.

The moral here: Don't commission and release a series of videos assuring folk you know what you're doing and they should trust you if you don't know what you're doing and are displaying a palpable lack of 'trustable' actions.

The best management teams are quietly efficient. They don't feel the need to say anything because they let their actions speak for themselves.

The irony of piping up to say 'let our actions speak for us' and then not acting is stark.

/Rant.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I think we have a good squad but obviously needed additions.Get Neto, Boly, Podence, Jonny and that kid Mosquera fit and play the way Bruno wants we would be OK but **** me it’s a big gamble by Jeff and co not getting any extra bodies in. I’m wondering if the rumours of a cooling in the friendship of Mendes are true? Mind you our windows since the initial going up one have all been pretty mediocre.
Let’s hope and pray we don’t get injuries and we can make it to January in good shape.

Last edited:

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I think we have a good squad but obviously needed additions.Get Neto, Boly, Podence, Jonny and that kid Mosquera fit and play the way Bruno wants we would be OK but **** me it’s a big gamble by Jeff and co not getting any extra bodies in. I’m wondering if the rumours of a cooling in the friendship of Mendes are true? Mind you our windows since going up have all been pretty mediocre.
Let’s hope and pray we don’t get injuries and we can make it to January in good shape.
Wait until podence starts in centre mid during the November injury crisis

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really really really really don't ever want to see a round table discussion ever again.

Our current actions are:
Botttom of the league.

The moral here: Don't commission and release a series of videos assuring folk you know what you're doing and they should trust you if you don't know what you're doing and are displaying a palpable lack of 'trustable' actions.

The best management teams are quietly efficient. They don't feel the need to say anything because they let their actions speak for themselves.

The irony of piping up to say 'let our actions speak for us' and then not acting is stark.

/Rant.
Great post Hogan.

Jeff currently says what we want to hear.

Problem is it is all seems *******s atm!

He owes us an explanation and clarification big time. Nobody else but Jeff!

I feel sorry for Bruno. New manager, very quickly saying what we need and what he wants. He gets next to nothing!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'll all be in Molineux Towers now getting their stories tallied up for the various press calls over the coming days. One excuse after another, blah, blah, blah, blah. An embarrassing shambles of a day as one deal after another collapsed. If Jeff had said a month ago this is going to be a really tough window and we will try to fight off bids for Traore and Neves tonight we may not feel quite so deflated. Bruno is the one I feel sorry for because he will have to front this after making so many comments about new players. I bet he's spitting blood tonight.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Our current actions are:
Botttom of the league.

/Rant.
Quality post there mate.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They'll all be in Molineux Towers now getting their stories tallied up for the various press calls over the coming days. One excuse after another, blah, blah, blah, blah. An embarrassing shambles of a day as one deal after another collapsed. If Jeff had said a month ago this is going to be a really tough window and we will try to fight off bids for Traore and Neves tonight we may not feel quite so deflated. Bruno is the one I feel sorry for because he will have to front this after making so many comments about new players. I bet he's spitting blood tonight.
If i was him, i would walk. No point putting up with what is about to come.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing can excuse what has happened this transfer window they have messed up to a level even my negativity didn't think was possible.

Make no mistake about it any injury to our midfield trio which is highly likely or loss of form then bottom 3 is nailed on , how you can neglect the engine room of the team so badly is astounding.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any central midfielders without a club at the moment who would be useful?

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree apart from I think they weren't fighting off bids for neves and traore. I think they just didnt get the price they wanted.
I'm not sure what it means or how to read into wanting too much but also not being willing to pay enough.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing can excuse what has happened this transfer window they have messed up to a level even my negativity didn't think was possible.

Make no mistake about it any injury to our midfield trio which is highly likely or loss of form then bottom 3 is nailed on , how you can neglect the engine room of the team so badly is astounding.
Totally agree Bugsy.

How many midfield players, including attacking midfield players, have Chelsea, Man United and Man City got?

Bristling with talent and probably 3 times the number of ours. Yes they may have the resources but they have the intelligence to keep the engine room well oiled!

Mouts is 35, Donk has been in and out of the starting eleven, which leaves Ruben. MGW has just gone out on loan for the season so who else have we got?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp please

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Think he just has to front up and admit we messed up.

He was the one that said to ‘judge him at the end of the window’. Well it was clear that in the final 48 hours of the window, Bruno had told Jeff he still wanted a CB, CM and CF and we got nothing over the line. Even with the world’s pre-eminent and best connected agent at our fingertips.

No excuses. No more briefing journalists about injuries to other clubs’ players or how difficult the market is. Just a recognition that we didn’t have our ducks lined up and ultimately haven’t given the Manager what he asked for.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need to ask Jeff or Scott to explain why they failed to achieve what they set out in the first Q&A?

JP: The squad size is an issue with a lot of fans – Richard Perkins, Richard Evans and tens more. Scott, perhaps this is best directed towards you. It looks, with injuries, as if that squad size came back to haunt Nuno a bit this season – where do you stand on that and do you think it will change?

SS: I think it’s certainly worked well in terms of giving young players opportunities, opportunities to work with the first-team. Especially in my previous role as Academy manager, it was a great opportunity for young players. I certainly think the injury situation and I think having the short break between the two seasons has put a massive pressure on the players and I think that’s been a major part of the injuries. But certainly we need to reflect on, and look at and try to solve that, but again I don’t think it will be going to a squad of 28 players because I don’t think that works either, but we’ll look at extending the squad and making it stronger to cope with injuries. We always talk about how many players we want for certain positions and certainly that will carry on.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then worry some more when Saiss and Boly head off to the ACN and he's called into action as a CB!!!
Jesus, that's a great point. Saiss and Boly going to ACN would leave us with only Coady, Kilman and Mosquera at the back. And Donk will be needed in midfield. This is turning into a catastrophe.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like an open letter?

Sorry bad timing.

Im not a happy bunny either but sometimes you have to laugh.

Maybe not an open letter, but seriously I would think that as a large, well moderated amd reasonably representative forum of Wolves fans, that the club could be invited to reflect on the mood and responses of fans on the Mix to this summer’s transfer window, and some of the club’s unpopular decisions. We know they have looked at the site in the past, and now would be an interesting time for them to gauge a sense of how many fans feel. Better to do that than wait for things to get worse and turn into boos, jeers, and banners at Molineux.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like an open letter?

Sorry bad timing.

Im not a happy bunny either but sometimes you have to laugh.
God knows

Sometimes just need the powers that be that we actually ****ing care. I’ve seen 3 games under Lage and enjoy it, but 3 midfielders??? It’s a ****ing joke

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Maybe not an open letter, but seriously I would think that as a large, well moderated amd reasonably representative forum of Wolves fans, that the club could be invited to reflect on the mood and responses of fans to this summer’s transfer window, and some of the club’s unpopular decisions.
It like many other platforms and social media are monitored anyway, I think the hierarchy have been somewhat naive if they think they can spin their way out of this bucket of treacle.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

God knows

Sometimes just need the powers that be that we actually ****ing care. I’ve seen 3 games under Lage and enjoy it, but 3 midfielders??? It’s a ****ing joke
Just think in Dec/Jan when the AFCON starts no Boly no Saiss that means we will also only have 3 centre defenders, 3 centre midfielders and if anyone is suspended or injured during that time we are literally relying on u23s who most of are not ready

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It all pretty much comes down to spending 70 odd million on a right back and a forward for the u23s.

That's where the lack of funds comes from, and why we've been scratching around waiting for someone to pay £50m for Traore so we can reinvest.

Such a huge **** up
Nowhere near that much. It’s been sone to death but Silva isn’t about £20m and Semedo £27m. Plus we got £15m in for doc

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Wouldn’t trust a word he says anyway. Sooner we get people who know what they’re doing at board level we might actually run a successful club like when we had Thelwell and dalrymple. The new set up (the ones who did the YouTube vids) are ****ing useless

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nowhere near that much. It’s been sone to death but Silva isn’t about £20m and Semedo £27m. Plus we got £15m in for doc
Don't think those figures are correct mate. £36m for Silva and Semedo up to a similar figure with add ons.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think he just has to front up and admit we messed up.

He was the one that said to ‘judge him at the end of the window’. Well it was clear that in the final 48 hours of the window, Bruno had told Jeff he still wanted a CB, CM and CF and we got nothing over the line. Even with the world’s pre-eminent and best connected agent at our fingertips.

No excuses. No more briefing journalists about injuries to other clubs’ players or how difficult the market is. Just a recognition that we didn’t have our ducks lined up and ultimately haven’t given the Manager what he asked for.
Sadly I don’t think they “messed up”, I think they got the window they wanted which for me is far, far worse. I’m not looking forward to hearing Jeff’s weasel words on why they failed.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think those figures are correct mate. £36m for Silva and Semedo up to a similar figure with add ons.
Semedo add one included winning a European competition, I wouldnt worry about that any time soon!!!

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Falcao just been released supposedly going to a la liga side, wouldn't be a bad option for a year but I'm sure Jeff would still buckle at the free pricetag

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe not an open letter, but seriously I would think that as a large, well moderated amd reasonably representative forum of Wolves fans, that the club could be invited to reflect on the mood and responses of fans on the Mix to this summer’s transfer window, and some of the club’s unpopular decisions. We know they have looked at the site in the past, and now would be an interesting time for them to gauge a sense of how many fans feel. Better to do that than wait for things to get worse and turn into boos, jeers, and banners at Molineux.
crowd fund a plane to fly over his house a few times with a banner

Back
Top Bottom