Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everyone in the ground, walk out now. In protest

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t be so ridiculous. At the end of the day Cunha shouldn’t be swinging a fist. The idiot was lucky to not be sent off. Appreciate that those inside the stadium probably didn’t see it or know what it was for but it really was stupid from Cunha. Even the most biased of commentators in the international comms were critical of Cunha for it (Dave Edwards and our queen of Codsall).
I didn’t see any Bournemouth players complain about Cunha ‘swinging a fist’, or even the player himself.

Did you?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t be so ridiculous. At the end of the day Cunha shouldn’t be swinging a fist. The idiot was lucky to not be sent off. Appreciate that those inside the stadium probably didn’t see it or know what it was for but it really was stupid from Cunha. Even the most biased of commentators in the international comms were critical of Cunha for it (Dave Edwards and our queen of Codsall).

Absolutel ****ing *******s. I watched it on Peacock and they felt it harsh and unjustified. What the **** stream were you watching?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I didn’t see any Bournemouth players complain about Cunha ‘swinging a fist’, or even the player himself.

Did you?
I had no idea, but what I would say is that Kluivert was running round leaving a bit on players all over, I think Cunha had a go back (stupidly) but it will have been in retaliation to a previous incident. It didn't actually affect the play, not sure if he even touched him (presumably hence a yellow not a red). Cunha also ran over at him after the ball went in and Atwell stopped him and then went to speak to Kluivert before England got involved.

surreywolf

Reaction score

I’m sorry but you’re just talking crap

Bournemouth player pushes cunha with both hands, cunha thrown forward and flails an arm

Either way it’s inconsequential - all sorts of moments happen and to seriously suggest that was worth chalking off the goal - I despair, it’s the end of the game as we know it

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Liverpool have blown it mate tbh.
That's one positive at least. The thought of us rolling over on the last day and handing Klopp the title on his merry way out filled me with dread.
Now, it's just a dead rubber that I probably won't even bother to watch.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Direct action is probably the only thing that will work. We could all take tennis balls to the match and lob them onto the pitch whenever there’s a VAR check. A simple and harmless action that’s also highly visible. Get other team’s fans on board so all games over a weekend have a protest.
That might get Wolves into trouble.
Anyway, the PL and the FA would just brush that action off like a piece of lint.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think I'm done for the season, guys. Too much of this VAR crap, and today took the proverbial cake.

I feel most badly for the supporters who are robbed of the live matchday experience of celebrating a good goal ... and for our players, who are clearly being disrespected, and have been robbed of their full competitive spirit. Imagine what it must be like to be celebrating clearly good goals like Kilman (vs. West Ham) and HCH (today) that mean something ... and then they are ruled out for subjective BS. Say what you will about "get on with it, you're well-paid professionals", but no one signed up for this farcical spectacle, week after week. Gutted.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm more concerned by another poor performance rather than another poor VAR decision.
Yes, but how many times have we heard ‘sign of a good team is playing badly but not losing?’
Now we can play badly and be screwed by the officiating. All we want is some consistency. Maybe it’ll re our year next year and we can become media darlings like Villa, Toon, Brighton etc.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That might get Wolves into trouble.
Anyway, the PL and the FA would just brush that action off like a piece of lint.
Wolves are already in trouble, read the writing on the wall, mate. PL, FA and PGMOL treat us with all the fondness of the plague.

We've had a pop at them after West Ham, and it's gotten us nowhere. In fact, it's gotten us tonight's abject VAR "performance".

Remember how some of us said after last season's trail of VAR misadventures, well, with Julen gone now, that would wipe the slate clean for this season? And some of us (myself included) said, nope, their job isn't finished until we're buried a league or two below the PL?

I want to believe I'm wrong. I want football to be a legitimate competition, or at least close to one. That hope wanes with every new ridiculous VAR intervention that we only ever see enforced against WWFC, and would never ever ever be called against a Big Six club.

WWFC is, and has been, persona non grata at this level ever since the purported Doc handball late in the season when we were looking to qualify for Europe for a second straight season. And for having the temerity to not accept our place quietly, the rest has followed ...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are already in trouble, read the writing on the wall, mate. PL, FA and PGMOL treat us with all the fondness of the plague.

We've had a pop at them after West Ham, and it's gotten us nowhere. In fact, it's gotten us tonight's abject VAR "performance".

Remember how some of us said after last season's trail of VAR misadventures, well, with Julen gone now, that would wipe the slate clean for this season? And some of us (myself included) said, nope, their job isn't finished until we're buried a league or two below the PL?

I want to believe I'm wrong. I want football to be a legitimate competition, or at least close to one. That hope wanes with every new ridiculous VAR intervention that we only ever see enforced against WWFC, and would never ever ever be called against a Big Six club.

WWFC is, and has been, persona non grata at this level ever since the purported Doc handball late in the season when we were looking to qualify for Europe for a second straight season. And for having the temerity to not accept our place quietly, the rest has followed ...
Good points……some very good points.
When I said ‘in trouble’, I meant perhaps Wolves could be fined or if there were too many tennis balls on the field, would they stop and cancel the game.
I have no idea about these kinds of things.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR got the big decisions right. Sometimes us fans just look for excuses as to why we lost

If disallowing tonights goal was right, then VAR is getting a lot of decisions wrong in other matches, where even stronger contact in the buildup is being completely ignored. Get rid of it.

Seen far worse going on at corners and rarely gets penalised. Even if a goal is scored, sometimes. Or not. They are making it up as they go along and VAR has at least made that clear.

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I'm more concerned by another poor performance rather than another poor VAR decision.
You can do both.

We were awful last night and I’ve not seen a single Wolves fan say different. But that’s a different issue to the VAR. I’ve had loads of messages off people really unhappy and angry about the decision last night and VAR generally, you can’t ignore that just because we weren’t very good.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can do both.

We were awful last night and I’ve not seen a single Wolves fan say different. But that’s a different issue to the VAR. I’ve had loads of messages off people really unhappy and angry about the decision last night and VAR generally, you can’t ignore that just because we weren’t very good.
Same here it seems many people have had enough

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
You can do both.

If someone steals £100 from you no one questions whether you did enough to earn it.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You must have seen something that the other 25k fans and all the mainstream media missed. Any other superpowers ?

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was an off the ball incident that had no bearing on the passage of play. The ref or linesman didn't pick it up, only the VAR. The ref then reviews the situation. It should be a goal but also yellow card. It's a scandalous decision to disallow it.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People saying he swung a fist are just joking right? It was an arm at worst and no contact, this happens multiple times every game and rarely gets pulled back for a foul. Cunha was just trying to shrug him off after he fouled Cunha in the first place. Its also too far back in the move for var to get involved. It's an absolute nonsense decision.

loppers86

Reaction score
it’s so depressing… going to molineux to watch a screen linked to a garage in slough where an idiot who knows nothing about football disallows goals against the big six, and if the big six aren’t playing tosses a coin to decide games between the cannon fodder also rans at £40 a pop.

Fen Wolf

Reaction score
Absolutel ****ing *******s. I watched it on Peacock and they felt it harsh and unjustified. What the **** stream were you watching?
The one which Jacqui and Dave Edwards commentated on. Is it super sports? The South African one. If I remember right, their instant analysis was; silly from Cunha, def a foul and booking but harsh on wolves that a goal had to be chalked off because of it. (Which I totally agreed with).

I’m sorry but you’re just talking crap

Bournemouth player pushes cunha with both hands, cunha thrown forward and flails an arm

Either way it’s inconsequential - all sorts of moments happen and to seriously suggest that was worth chalking off the goal - I despair, it’s the end of the game as we know it
An off the ball foul is still a foul. I agree it was inconsequential but that doesn’t stop it being a foul.

You must have seen something that the other 25k fans and all the mainstream media missed. Any other superpowers ?
No. Just my 2 eyes and a knowledge of the game & rules which allow me to officiate in my local weekend leagues.

It was an off the ball incident that had no bearing on the passage of play. The ref or linesman didn't pick it up, only the VAR. The ref then reviews the situation. It should be a goal but also yellow card. It's a scandalous decision to disallow it.

Agree, mostly. If you say it is a yellow card then you are agreeing it’s a foul, no? A foul is a foul, whether it affects the play or not.

Public perception is the goal should NOT have been disallowed. But unfortunately, a foul is a foul whether it impacts play or not. I really hope this one is reviewed on the VAR mic’d up series with Webb and Owen. I’m certain the official verdict will be harsh, but correct decision. However, given a foul is subjective, the bit I do think VAR got wrong is, was this a clear and obvious error? for me the players are the best judges of clear and obvious. They know on the pitch when the ref has / has not made a bad call and not one opposition player complained about this so I would suggest this decision fell into the category of re-refereeing the game (Webb is very open about not wanting this) rather than letting it go under not clear and obvious.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one which Jacqui and Dave Edwards commentated on. Is it super sports? The South African one. If I remember right, their instant analysis was; silly from Cunha, def a foul and booking but harsh on wolves that a goal had to be chalked off because of it. (Which I totally agreed with).

An off the ball foul is still a foul. I agree it was inconsequential but that doesn’t stop it being a foul.

No. Just my 2 eyes and a knowledge of the game & rules which allow me to officiate in my local weekend leagues.

Agree, mostly. If you say it is a yellow card then you are agreeing it’s a foul, no? A foul is a foul, whether it affects the play or not.

Public perception is the goal should NOT have been disallowed. But unfortunately, a foul is a foul whether it impacts play or not. I really hope this one is reviewed on the VAR mic’d up series with Webb and Owen. I’m certain the official verdict will be harsh, but correct decision. However, given a foul is subjective, the bit I do think VAR got wrong is, was this a clear and obvious error? for me the players are the best judges of clear and obvious. They know on the pitch when the ref has / has not made a bad call and not one opposition player complained about this so I would suggest this decision fell into the category of re-refereeing the game (Webb is very open about not wanting this) rather than letting it go under not clear and obvious.

I’m on vacation in the US at the moment. I watched the game on Peacock with my son. They definitely didn’t say Cunha was silly or anything like that. They said it was a good goal, and when VAR started looking at that “foul” said it wasn’t relevant to the goal and were surprised the ref was asked to go to the monitor.

As for it being a foul? Watch the replays. Kleivert shoves Cunha with two hands on his back, to the point Cunha nearly stumbles, and in response Cunha waves up is left arm which doesn’t touch Kleivert, who ducks and then continues to defend as though nothing happened. If there is a foul, it’s against Cunha not against Kleivert.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry I didn’t give the full context. Cunha had already been manhandled before he did that. That foul occurred first. The yellow would be for reacting.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are innumerable examples of referees allowing play to continue after a bad foul has been made, waiting for the 'phase' to end and then returning to give a yellow to the offender.
Given that (a) Kluivert ran aggressively at Cunha after a little contretemps in the corner (b) Kluivert initiated the incident by pushing Cunha in the back before (c) Cunha reacted and (d) if there was any contact it was minimal and (e) Kluivert was able to move quickly to face up to Doherty on the touchline thereby 'fulfilling his defensive duties' in Iraola's words, one wonders why anybody would feel the need to disallow the goal given that the so-called 'foul' didbn't affect the play in any way whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom