Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have they published how they can to this number? I mean it might be just what the die landed on this time I guess? Absolute joke, coach and horses through the spending rules and they deduct 2 points! Even then it would have relegated them last season, although that would have kept Leicester up and they were also busy breaking the rules. Just useless, the PL, the PGMOL, the entire game has become a farce.
Basically it seems they pleaded for less of a punishment as they had already been punished!

And this was over 2 years not 3 so that means less apparently

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the 1960s Peterborough were found guilty of financial irregularities they were docked enough points to put them at the foot of division four at the end of the season and had to seek re-election.

In the late 80s early 90s Swindon were found guilty of financial irregularities and despite winning the division two play offs, they weren’t allowed to take up their spot in top flight.

Now you get a slap on the wrist and a reach round.

My cousin is a contracts and company lawyer ( He got all the family brains ! ) at the time he was working in London and said Spurs breaches which were around the same time were worse than anything Swindon did. As he said though, there was no way a London based media darling was going to get dumped down two leagues.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The football authorities really are intent on destroying the product aren't they? Every time they get involved they make the situation worse; rule changes, 5 subs, VAR, FFP, PSR, points deductions and in the future paltry fines. The list goes on.....
Do they not understand that they are devaluing what once was a premium product and fans are becoming disillusioned? Or, do they not care about the majority and want a Formula 1 type product with beautiful people, an advertising platform for luxury goods and no chance for any club, other than the Sky 4/6 being able to win anything?
The game I fell in love with and played as a kid has gone and it ain't coming back. As some fans on here said after the VAR debacle on Saturday; I feel like giving up on football completely.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My cousin is a contracts and company lawyer ( He got all the family brains ! ) at the time he was working in London and said Spurs breaches which were around the same time were worse than anything Swindon did. As he said though, there was no way a London based media darling was going to get dumped down two leagues.
We can tell from your posts, Norm. ;)

SmudgeWolf

Reaction score
The message is if we had broken FFP this January with a goalscorer and a few signings the penalty would have almost certainly had no effect on us being relegated. Crazy !
Nah difference is they're Everton who they can't afford to relegate. We're Wolves, expendable and they would love nothing more than to make an example out of us.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah difference is they're Everton who they can't afford to relegate. We're Wolves, expendable and they would love nothing more than to make an example out of us.
But that is when we would appeal on the grounds of consistency

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the 1960s Peterborough were found guilty of financial irregularities they were docked enough points to put them at the foot of division four at the end of the season and had to seek re-election.

In the late 80s early 90s Swindon were found guilty of financial irregularities and despite winning the division two play offs, they weren’t allowed to take up their spot in top flight.

Now you get a slap on the wrist and a reach round.

I think that Swindon had the promotion taken away.

Then were relegated 2 divisions to the 4th tier.

Then reinstated 1 tier on appeal.

That’s a punishment!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not quite over the line. We are 17 clear of Luton and have 7 games left. One more win formally secures it.
We are safe - have a read of my article on Teams which cannot catch us.

Post in thread 'Teams Who Can’t Catch Us 23/24'
Teams Who Can’t Catch Us 23/24

Key theme is Luton, Everton, Brentford and Forest play each other (to some extent) and there is not now a combination where 3 of the 4 sides can overtake us.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I was saying before: that if you admit to things in advance then you will eventually end up getting additional points for being a good citizen.

'Yes I embezzled 40 billion pounds from a war-mongering country and sold under age players to Saudi Arabia to work on building their new stadiums and trafficked horse meat into the UK from Provence. At the same time I developed a new virus via gain of function testing at a 'biological research institute' in Porton Down that kills 1 out of 2 people it infects and I released it in the Stretford End, but as I admitted to it now, surely you can not only let me off, but award me a fair play trophy (aka Premier League winners). Anything other than that and it's just not fair!'

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are safe - have a read of my article on Teams which cannot catch us.

Post in thread 'Teams Who Can’t Catch Us 23/24'
Teams Who Can’t Catch Us 23/24

Key theme is Luton, Everton, Brentford and Forest play each other (to some extent) and there is not now a combination where 3 of the 4 sides can overtake us.
Duly noted!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been said, but may as well spend what you want in the summer

You mean like clubs were allowed to for decades to become successful in the very same competition. That sounds totally sensible.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The cynic in me suggests that the two point penalty owes more to an assessment of how much Everton can cope with and still stay up than any consistent policy.
Do you reckon if Everton keep losing and drop into the bottom 3 the Premier league will say they made a mistake and give them their two pts back.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Struggling to see if they've failed FFP again that the punishment isn't at least 6 points, i would suggest it should actually be double that as they made no attempt to reduce the losses having known they'd failed FFP once.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But it's all the Premier League's fault.
What needs to happen is for Everton to go into administration to prove to the Premier League that even though FFP is ok in theory it is being structured incorrectly and the "punishments" are not fit for that description.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Struggling to see if they've failed FFP again that the punishment isn't at least 6 points, i would suggest it should actually be double that as they made no attempt to reduce the losses having known they'd failed FFP once.
OK, this is their case I think. They were charged March 23 with a breach in 21/22. They thought it was wrong (although they acknowledged there was a smaller breach) so they appealed. They then assumed they were right and spent up to what they thought they could. When they lost their appeal the books were closed, so they had already broken the rules for 22/23.

So they have been punished for cheating and incompetence, but they think they should only be punished for cheating!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a shambles and smacks of an organisation making rules but not expecting anybody to break them and then having to come up with something to save face. It’s like Everton and Forest have called their bluff and they’ve bottled any kind of decision because they know what’s on the horizon otherwise (City and Chelsea).

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 points, 2 ******* points, absolutely pathetic and they are appealing it ha ha ha ha ha, they should be down on their knees and noshing off whoever decided that point deduction !

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone who works for the premier league should be in prison.

There is no point in taking this seriously. It's gone. Watch for nostalgia's sake and out of defiance for the next generation, but this isn't a serious enterprise. Half a step from pro-wrestling.

People like dick masters shouldn't be able to exist peacefully in public imo.
Saw it for what it was over two decades ago - a corrupt cesspit. They've since tried to sanitise the outside of the cup, particularly in the last five years, but that only fools the wilfully blind.

It's impossible for me to take football seriously. I enjoy seeing clubs fail and grown men losing their heads in the process. The West Brom reaction to our conquest at their place still gives me warm fuzzies.

But none of it really matters.

Back
Top Bottom