Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t have a solution, I just don’t think it’s a good look that’s all.
Clubs spending beyond their means and going bust or oil rich clubs spending billions for instant success is an even worse look.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell, I’m sure we will all be glad when this announcement is made today or tomorrow, well assuming it is good news of course
My head is pickled with this FFP, some saying we are safe, some saying we are not safe and some are saying close
No idea who to believe

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell, I’m sure we will all be glad when this announcement is made today or tomorrow, well assuming it is good news of course
My head is pickled with this FFP, some saying we are safe, some saying we are not safe and some are saying close
No idea who to believe
We are close but ok believe me lol

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea who to believe

Understandable as much hinges on this, and it’s all down to the PL’s assessment of the data supplied by clubs only 2 weeks ago. I mean we always get a fair crack of the whip from the officials in the PL don’t we? :-0

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle are being told they may need to sell isak or guimares just to stay the right side of ffp

It's because of wages v turnover for profit sustainability

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
To quote the Mirror:-

“June 30 is an important date for football clubs. The football financial year runs from July 1 to June 30, with player contracts also expiring when June turns to July. But there is another reason why June 30 is an important date”

Financial reporting periods are fixed, whereas seasons may start and finish at different times, year to year, and club to club.

What is a little complicated, is that the filing dates for clubs financial years vary, with some clubs closing their accounts May 31, and others June 30. Wolves report theirs June-May for instance, whereas Man City report July-June. For the purposes of FFP/PSR compliance, it makes sense that a common reporting period is used, and most accounting firms analysis (eg PwC) assume June 30 when assessing leagues and clubs.
Cheers, they don't make it easy to follow do they? End of June sounds a bit crazy when the season is over by June 1st. Presume that whenever clubs choose to end their financial year, surely the PL work to the same date for every club? Every time I think I'm getting close there's another twist! Makes the longer term look a bit worse I guess if we had to get Neves off the books to make last season work - that makes it sound like we were heading for well over £100m losses!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think it’s enough to relegate either though.
Another points deduction could kill off any hope of a take over which will probably result in a 3rd points deduction as it’s very likely they would go into administration.

Their prospective new owners 777 have already invested £120m into keeping the club afloat due to their current owners having no money. If they take over doesn’t go through they will owe lots of money lol

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers, they don't make it easy to follow do they? End of June sounds a bit crazy when the season is over by June 1st. Presume that whenever clubs choose to end their financial year, surely the PL work to the same date for every club? Every time I think I'm getting close there's another twist! Makes the longer term look a bit worse I guess if we had to get Neves off the books to make last season work - that makes it sound like we were heading for well over £100m losses!

Worth remembering that the Gibbs White sale also falls into this accounting period, as it was done late in the summer ‘22 window. As an academy product, the entirety of his fee would count.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff is leaving ya all in suspense....Accounts Monday , couple of decent signings Tuesday .Olly Watkins from Villa and Isaak from Newcastle..two fingers up to FFP and the march towards Europe and Fa cup glory can start.....

Nevermind worrying about FFP....There's Brentford tickets that need snapping us sharpish...

Last edited:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton, well they were ignoring the limit for years, so if they’ve breached it in multiple periods, then they should get punished for each period.
Everton have been relegation-battle fodder for years. It'd be ironic that the moment they look a decent side, they get absolutely nuked from orbit by multiple points deductions and administration, and go down as a result.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton have been relegation-battle fodder for years. It'd be ironic that the moment they look a decent side, they get absolutely nuked from orbit by multiple points deductions and administration, and go down as a result.
Looks like the 777 deal will be rejected by the PL. Then it is almost certain for administration. Another 12pts taken off & winding up order to follow

Apparently two other Americans want the club. Be far too late by that point

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need for nervousness here.

If Forest and Everton get charged though is it a deduction this season?
Yes it’s now being fast tracked like Everton’s current deduction was for last season. They fail it again tomorrow more points off them this season. Fail the appeal face extra points taken off. They are in serious trouble.

Forest will be 9pts if they fail it tomorrow same as if us and palace or villa failed it I think it’s 9pts.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it’s now being fast tracked like Everton’s current deduction was for last season. They fail it again tomorrow more points off them this season. Fail the appeal face extra points taken off. They are in serious trouble.

Forest will be 9pts if they fail it tomorrow same as if us and palace or villa failed it I think it’s 9pts.
I don’t think you can speculate on how many points. Sounds like it depends on by how far over you are.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said in the summer that Everton would get a points deduction. It’s not that they’ve simply breached FFP rules it’s the fact they’ve wholly ignored them with blatant disregard. It’s akin to being caught doing 80mph in a 30mph zone.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Save the point deductions and just relegate both sides, its for the best

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think you can speculate on how many points. Sounds like it depends on by how far over you are.
I didn’t know that one. Well they got 10pts for a small breach….. That is surely the benchmark to go off?

Tomorrow the table could look like this 18 games left for most…

18th Forest 10pts
19th Sheff Utd 9pts
20th Everton 6pts

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t know that one. Well they got 10pts for a small breach….. That is surely the benchmark to go off?
SingYourHeartOut seems to have a handle on it all….
Sounds like 6points for a tiny breach then another point for each £5m your over.

Though they are probably still in the process of making it all up as they go along….

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tomorrow the table could look like this 18 games left for most…

18th Forest 10pts
19th Sheff Utd 9pts
20th Everton 6pts
Wish I’d put my bet on Luton to stay up I was considering at the beginning of the season!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SingYourHeartOut seems to have a handle on it all….
Sounds like 6points for a tiny breach then another point for each £5m your over.

Though they are probably still in the process of making it all up as they go along….
All come out in the wash tomorrow.. Hopefully the bigger boys are next. Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Villa

@Minimalist You would probably still get some good odds today!!

02689E2B-309D-4D12-8F80-0DA1051C66EB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom