Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5781.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. We’re in that really strange time between Christmas and New Year where no one is quite sure what day it is, whether they should be at work or not or whether there’s any football on!

After two great results and positive performances, another test arrives today hot in the heels. Everton are having a good season and if it wasn’t for their cheating and points deduction they would be above us in the table. Dyche seems to be getting a real tune out of their players.

For us, it’s about doing what has been working well of late, aggressive, positive football. Against Chelsea and Brentford we were brave with and without the ball. It was nice to do to Brentford what other teams have done to us, 5 shots on goal, 4 goals. Similar with Chelsea they had better chances than us, but we took more of ours. That’s not to say we didn’t deserve to win either game, I think we did. But sometimes in the recent past watching Wolves you feel like we need to create so many good chances just to score one. Hopefully now the team are in form and confident to take chances.

For our line-up, having Dawson and Hwang fit is great. Sad to be losing Lemina but completely understandable, some things are far more important than football, Mario we’re thinking of you.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Gomes Doyle Ait-Nouri
Sarabia
Cunha Hwang​

Bentley, Doherty, Bueno, Bueno, Traore, Hodge, Bellegarde, Neto, Sasa

Today will be a tricky game, our unbeaten run at home will be tested. If we can come through it with even just a point then it’s been a really positive Christmas period, and we can look forward to the new year.

Finally, 2023 has been a year of ups and downs, we’ve had some great moments and some really desperate moments. When you look at what’s going on in the world, football can seem like nothing more than a silly little obsession we all have. But it’s really, really special. Thinking today of the Wolves family we have lost in 2023, and let’s dream that 2024 is the year we all hope for.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Jade said, this will be a tricky game and we can't rely on being gifted goals like we were at Brentford. Everton are no mugs and when I've seen them, have played well, sometimes in spite of results.
Lemina is a big loss and whomever replaces him needs to step-up. I'd be inclined to use Traore as Everton have some big lads in the side and physicality might be needed against the likes of Doucoure and Gueye. Hopefully Dawson is back and can keep DCL quiet.
Play as we can and we shade it. Play as we have been and we might struggle.
Let's end the year on a high and preserve that unbeaten run at fortress Molineux.

Edit; just seen that Gueye is probably missing and Doucoure 'faces a late fitness check'. Hopefully he fails it.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was always gonna be tough today, but as others have already said, especially tough now without Lemina. I hope all is well with his family.

Regarding the football, I’d take a point.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will definitely miss Lemina if it’s true he’s out.
I have confidence in Doyle and he deserves a game, but I’m not sure this is the ideal game for him.
If Traore is recovered from illness maybe play the 3 in midfield…

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina will be a huge miss if hes out
Hopefully Dawson and Neto are ready for this game to at least play some part
Last 2 results have made this game less of a 6 pointer than it was shaping to be, so ill be happy with a point tbh
Would be nice to finish the year off in style but you know we just dont do things that way

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
When was the last time we won 3 league matches in a row? We are going to miss Lemina today big time. Would probably prefer Traore today to Doyle with Lemina missing but not sure if he's available either. Tough match this one.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 39375

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. We’re in that really strange time between Christmas and New Year where no one is quite sure what day it is, whether they should be at work or not or whether there’s any football on!

After two great results and positive performances, another test arrives today hot in the heels. Everton are having a good season and if it wasn’t for their cheating and points deduction they would be above us in the table. Dyche seems to be getting a real tune out of their players.

For us, it’s about doing what has been working well of late, aggressive, positive football. Against Chelsea and Brentford we were brave with and without the ball. It was nice to do to Brentford what other teams have done to us, 5 shots on goal, 4 goals. Similar with Chelsea they had better chances than us, but we took more of ours. That’s not to say we didn’t deserve to win either game, I think we did. But sometimes in the recent past watching Wolves you feel like we need to create so many good chances just to score one. Hopefully now the team are in form and confident to take chances.

For our line-up, having Dawson and Hwang fit is great. Sad to be losing Lemina but completely understandable, some things are far more important than football, Mario we’re thinking of you.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Gomes Doyle Ait-Nouri
Sarabia
Cunha Hwang​

Bentley, Doherty, Bueno, Bueno, Traore, Hodge, Bellegarde, Neto, Sasa

Today will be a tricky game, our unbeaten run at home will be tested. If we can come through it with even just a point then it’s been a really positive Christmas period, and we can look forward to the new year.

Finally, 2023 has been a year of ups and downs, we’ve had some great moments and some really desperate moments. When you look at what’s going on in the world, football can seem like nothing more than a silly little obsession we all have. But it’s really, really special. Thinking today of the Wolves family we have lost in 2023, and let’s dream that 2024 is the year we all hope for.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
Well said Jade, wishing you all everything you wish for, our thoughts to those of us who have lost people we love and a really enjoyable 2024 for our team and our fans.

C'mon me babbies.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The missing Lemina has turned the match in favour of Everton. They are a side of physical giants and will bully and intimidate our lot, a point would be a good result.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time we won 3 league matches in a row? We are going to miss Lemina today big time. Would probably prefer Traore today to Doyle with Lemina missing but not sure if he's available either. Tough match this one.
I think I agree with Jade's team, but would go for Traore over Doyle - just about, but agree Lemina is a big miss, my PotS so far!

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just curious, has Lemina definitely been ruled out today? Wondered if there was any chance it was just a quick flight out/back to see his dad?
I presume his family live near Paris/North France?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm expecting Everton to be a tougher opponent than Chelsea were, which probably says a lot about the Chelsea team but that's for another thread.

I can see both teams scoring. Maybe 2-2. Hwang and Kalajdzic with the goals.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm expecting Everton to be a tougher opponent than Chelsea were, which probably says a lot about the Chelsea team but that's for another thread.

I can see both teams scoring. Maybe 2-2. Hwang and Kalajdzic with the goals.
I think this could be the game to play Kaladjic from the start or bring on at HT to give their giants something to think about. He scored against them at Goodison too.

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking forward to hopefully celebrating three points in the Great Western at 5pm.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Game made tougher than it was by the new of the probability of Lemina missing they are big and strong in midfield and with Lemina I think we get bullied. Game won and lost in midfield today and we are at a definate disadvantage without the main man.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Hopefully with confidence running high after the last two outings I’d like to think another win is a distinct possibility with the fans getting behind the team from the off!

2 - 0 win is on the cards!

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tough game today especially with missing Super Mario, I still fancy us to nick it. We’ve suddenly got the knack of scoring which is not something we’ve always been able to say.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the Korean Guy about to part after this match for a month or so, it's good to know we've got Neto coming back.
Maybe even one last assist for Neto to Hwang today is on the cards?
Screenshot_20231230-101749.png

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Win this one and we can start to discuss Europe.

It’ll be tight but I’m going 1-0 to us and Tommy Doyle to score it.

It’s also going to be a cold one I think.

Come on me babbies!!!!!

Last edited:

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very hard game today . Without Lemina I don't see anything better than a draw against a team that's well drilled , decent players and solid throughout . Without the 10 point deduction they'd be above us .
People talking about Europe ........let's get to 40 points first .

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Wolves fans living, or visiting Germany on holiday.
Match is Live on German Sky! KO @ 16:00. COYW!
1703939357756.png
Thanks Jade for your Pre-Match threads in 2023!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope all enjoy the game wherever you are.

Full love and prayers are with Mario and his family - not sure who can fill his gap this afternoon, but I am sure Gary has thought it through.

We have momentum and another good result today will I think will ramp up talk about a very good campaign.

Everton without the points deduction would be 1 point ahead of us and shows how well Dyche has done this campaign.

They certainly won’t be as gifting as Nathan Collins on Wednesday and even if they lost on Wednesday, they aren’t easy to break down.

Let’s do this for Mario and end 2023 with a flourish.

Come On You Wolves.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think this could be the game to play Kaladjic from the start or bring on at HT to give their giants something to think about. He scored against them at Goodison too.
The Everton defence would much rather play against Sasa in a physical game than the likes of Cunha, Hwang and Neto who are quick and like dribbling.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit nervous for this one. Everton are a physical side and will be right up for it. Lemina being out (very understandably) is a huge blow, he's been massive for us lately. Whoever comes in needs to really step up.

Back
Top Bottom