Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Europa League Final

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not our one in Gdansk. That's 363 sleeps away. I was actually thinking about tonight's game. Dont really have a preference, like or dislike of either club so was pretty much just going to enjoy the game.

Then I realised Arsenal failing to win puts them at a big disadvantage in the transfer market next season as no ECL qualification. Same obviously doesn't apply to Chelsea as they're in already (and probably banned from transfers anyway) so to half of mixers who are aiming for top 6 next season......Chelsea for the day!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read somewhere that an Arsenal win helps us with seeding for the Europa? Might be wrong.

Dont think I'm all that bothered about seeding. Arsenal not getting Champs League though will certainly help us, as they've said without it there is only around £40m to spend. Which is nowhere near enough to turn them around.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Looking forward to it Sarri is such a bitter nob after our game that I want arsenal to win and if that helps our seeding or whatever or the more reason to want arsenal to win

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not fussed who wins, but would like an entertaining game with plenty of goals.

W

wolvesultra

BT have made this and Saturdays final free to air haven't they? I'll probably watch it in that case something to do on a Wednesday night.

Crazy situation re two London teams playing each other but it being in bloody Baku. Understand that the hosts of the finals are chosen in advance but would it be really that hard to select a short list of say 4 then once the finalists are known pick the most appropriate.

D

Deleted member 3751

BT have made this and Saturdays final free to air haven't they? I'll probably watch it in that case something to do on a Wednesday night.

Crazy situation re two London teams playing each other but it being in bloody Baku. Understand that the hosts of the finals are chosen in advance but would it be really that hard to select a short list of say 4 then once the finalists are known pick the most appropriate.
How to watch the Europa League final 2019: TV channel and live streaming options for Chelsea vs Arsenal tonight

Available for free on a stream according to this

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That is far too intelligent an observation you will never get a job with UEFA or with any major organisation thinking logically !

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think that type of suggestion is far easier said than done.

Think of all the staffing and scheduling of just about of every different component that goes into supporting such an event. Transport, policing, catering, hotels the list goes on. It would be pretty tough to have all that on standby for 3 of the the 4 venues to be stood down. Then there is travel arrangements for any non club affiliated attendees, mostly booked up months ago I'd have thought.

I think the main problem with this one is the location itself. Madness really. More or less any European team would have struggled to get a significant amount of fans out there given the problems with transport. I really dont get the need to spread it around to such places. It should be the 5 or 6 biggest stadiums in Europe only in cities that have decent transport links from anywhere and infrastructure to cope. Wouldn't have these situations then.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ay got BT Sport so it looks like Britain's got talent.Even though half of em come from abroad.:(

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Think of all the staffing and scheduling of just about of every different component that goes into supporting such an event. Transport, policing, catering, hotels the list goes on. It would be pretty tough to have all that on standby for 3 of the the 4 venues to be stood down. Then there is travel arrangements for any non club affiliated attendees, mostly booked up months ago I'd have thought.

I think the main problem with this one is the location itself. Madness really. More or less any European team would have struggled to get a significant amount of fans out there given the problems with transport. I really dont get the need to spread it around to such places. It should be the 5 or 6 biggest stadiums in Europe only in cities that have decent transport links from anywhere and infrastructure to cope. Wouldn't have these situations then.

Correct. I have a friend who worked on the 2017 final in Cardiff on the operational side and it was a one-year role.

Spreading these finals around is fair enough to an extent but doing among cities with the necessary infrastructure to cope.

W

wolvesultra

Disagree that it couldn't be don, would it take a bit of work yes but certainly doable. Big events are planned at similar notice all the time.

Maybe reduce the amount from 4 to 2 or 3 and have an understanding that each city/stadium remains as an option until used which I'm sure would result in citys/stadiums being happy to have contingency plans in place knowing they'll get it one day.

D

Deleted member 4309

Both sets of fans are causing trouble and fighting apparently

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Up the Arsenal for this one.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You should be, it could be quite important during qualifying, and if we make the group stage.

No I'm more bothered we consolidate/improve league position. Which will be massively helped if Arsenal arent in the CL. Just being in Europe next year is enough for me, although having said that I'd obviously like us to do well.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both sets of fans are causing trouble and fighting apparently
The only photo I've seen was quickly discredited by a half decent journalist as being from the euro's in France.

Still used by half the British press though.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I'm more bothered we consolidate/improve league position. Which will be massively helped if Arsenal arent in the CL. Just being in Europe next year is enough for me, although having said that I'd obviously like us to do well.

Fair enough, personally I hope we reach the knockout stages.

W

WasStefan

Free on the BT Sport app too.

I'll be watching in UHD on YouTube through me tele.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too, but I think we can do that seeded or not:)

I hope you're right mate, I think our first team would qualify, but the number of games during pre season could be a problem, and things like being seeded will help. Burnley failed last year because they played two of the tougher teams in qualifying in Aberdeen and Olympiacos. While we'd be favourites I think we could struggle a little if we didn't play our strongest team in the same way as we did against Shrewsbury in the FA Cup.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Penalty awarded and red card @ 8/1
Arsenal win -1 @ 6/1
Arsenal win with Lacazette score anytime @ 9/2

Think Arsenal will be all over this.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be watching. **** Chelsea, the boring, miserable ****s with no songs. Third place in the league and even if they win tonight they'll still sack their manager. Such a nonsense club with an appropriate following to match.

Back
Top Bottom