Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Euro car parks fining fans

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the Southampton game we got stuck in the Euro Car Parks parking near the station.

We were there for at least half an hour trying to get out but without the traffic moving. I got charged for being there at 17.35 just after my ticket had expired, even though actually I was simply trying to leave. I usually manage to get away quicker but that's not the point.

Despite appealing, they still want to hit me with a penalty fair which I am not paying on any account whatsoever. I would rather dispute this in court if POPLA let me down. You cannot charge people for being unable to exit the car park.

I would like to raise this issue with wolves or the local media as it's ridiculous that wolves (or away) fans can have the **** taken like this. Not everyone is going to be as obstinate as me about it.

M

Mr Wolf

Good luck, don’t see why you should be paying that. Is it like an ANPR type issue when they scan your number in & as you go out?

D

Deleted member 4436

A word of caution: just be careful with these *****. It was a different company, but we had a real issue with Parking Eye that resulted in a long and arduous legal battle.

They won.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't be classed as parked if you're not in a space, surely? You pay for for an allocated slot. You'd get diddled if you were taking up two, quite rightly. So similarly, if you're not in one, you can't be fined for overstaying in my book.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck, don’t see why you should be paying that. Is it like an ANPR type issue when they scan your number in & as you go out?

Yep. Which I explained.

And no way am I backing down. Popla second appeal then court. But I also want some negative publicity. I am absolutely not being charged for being stuck in a traffic jam and no one else should be either.

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A word of caution: just be careful with these *****. It was a different company, but we had a real issue with Parking Eye that resulted in a long and arduous legal battle.

They won.

I had an issue with Parking Eye which I pursued and won my case. If you feel you have a strong case then stick to your guns; the threat of legal action by the likes of Parking Eye often means people will give up and pay the "fines" rather than them spending time and money, beat the bully.

D

Deleted member 4436

I had an issue with Parking Eye which I pursued and won my case. If you feel you have a strong case then stick to your guns; the threat of legal action by the likes of Parking Eye often means people will give up and pay the "fines" rather than them spending time and money, beat the bully.

Yeah, we took them on. We’d heard a lot about how they eventually back down, but in our instance they didn’t. It stemmed from me not inputting car details into their machine after a meeting at a hotel.

Their letters then coincided with us moving house, so we weren’t aware of the fine until my Mrs checked her credit file and had been slapped with a CCJ. We took them to court and lost.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I made the mistake of not updating the address for my new (old) car when I moved, only did for the old one though thought I had done both. I assumed my tax renewal would be via email since I do it online.

What happened was I arrived back after two weeks away, found my car missing, spent hours on the phone and eventually found it had been removed for non payment of tax. Queue £550 worth of fines - the car isn't worth much more than that.

So the switched to electronic taxing but not renewals, and stupid me assumed they would be one and the same. Sigh. Gov IT projects eh.

Same car as in this thread. Which I also got back to the other day and found the back window smashed. Turns out you can't get hold of them any more so I've had 10 days if calling around breakers yards.

Love the car but it's bloody jinxed!

F

FLEET WOLF

After the Southampton game we got stuck in the Euro Car Parks parking near the station.

We were there for at least half an hour trying to get out but without the traffic moving. I got charged for being there at 17.35 just after my ticket had expired, even though actually I was simply trying to leave. I usually manage to get away quicker but that's not the point.

Despite appealing, they still want to hit me with a penalty fair which I am not paying on any account whatsoever. I would rather dispute this in court if POPLA let me down. You cannot charge people for being unable to exit the car park.

I would like to raise this issue with wolves or the local media as it's ridiculous that wolves (or away) fans can have the **** taken like this. Not everyone is going to be as obstinate as me about it.
Good for you, tell them to **** off, perhaps not literally though!!

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're just a cash cow for this parasites.....received a £60.00 fine very kindly reduced to £30 for early payment , for staying 10 minutes over the free period at Corley services recently despite spending about £30.00 on breakfast and coffees for a meeting with a colleague......Even sent in receipts to prove I had been a paying customer and hadn't noticed had strayed over the allowed time.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're just a cash cow for this parasites.....received a £60.00 fine very kindly reduced to £30 for early payment , for staying 10 minutes over the free period at Corley services recently despite spending about £30.00 on breakfast and coffees for a meeting with a colleague......Even sent in receipts to prove I had been a paying customer and hadn't noticed had strayed over the allowed time.....
I would have been in touch with the clowns who ran the services stating point blank that unless the charge was dropped you and your colleagues would never use them (including any other sites that they have) again.

W

we8wba

I hope you get a pass rather than council cash in but surely you anticipate you counselling be in a car Park for half hour after the game

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I had an 'invoice' from parking eye, entered a carpark but it was full spent 15mins trying to find a space so left without parking or paying, i ignored all ' invoices' i had 23 altogether from about 6 different companies/supposed solicitors/ courts, over a 12 month period, , i ignored everyone thus did not acknowledge i had ever received them, that was 2years ago, and havent heard anything for over 12months !!!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I had one recently at Bentley bridge, on a Sunday had a meal at Cosmo, then did some shopping apparently I went over the 3 hours, despite the Bentley bridge website stating there are no parking charges etc. I had to show my receipts and they dropped it, in addition to the screen shot of the website saying there are no parking charges or time limits.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had one from Euro Car Parks at Walsall Waterfront.

Formulate an appeal using the advice on the Money Saving Expert forums - link is in this thread already. The actual circumstances are almost always an irrelevance in the appeals process. The key is just to trip them up with some copy and pasted legalese because you can win these things totally frivolously.

Mine was won on the fact their contract to operate on the land didn’t have an end date or duration stipulated, so there was no proof they had permission to use their cameras there beyond the start date. Idiots. I hadn’t even bought a ticket and still won.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you get a pass rather than council cash in but surely you anticipate you counselling be in a car Park for half hour after the game

Park there regularly. 1) This day was particularly bad and 2) ticketing for being stuck in a traffic jam is still totally inappropriate.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Formulate an appeal using the advice on the Money Saving Expert forums - link is in this thread already. The actual circumstances are almost always an irrelevance in the appeals process. The key is just to trip them up with some copy and pasted legalese because you can win these things totally frivolously.

Mine was won on the fact their contract to operate on the land didn’t have an end date or duration stipulated, so there was no proof they had permission to use their cameras there beyond the start date. Idiots. I hadn’t even bought a ticket and still won.

Any advice on a speeding ticket on the mortorway was caught doing 48mph where the speed limit had been reduced to 40

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Look at pepipoo website - l posted a link...

Order of posts has gone squiffy - see two below

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Have a look at Pepipoo...

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if this applies any longer but here goes anyway:

I got a 30 fine for parking without ticket. I told company that I didn’t have my car that day, my sister did (lie, but they can’t prove).

I provided my sisters address (in Australia) and they didn’t persue it.

If they had I would have paid “on her behalf”.

Saved me 30 quid though

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you get a ticket on your car for a parking invoice from a private company, then if you don't pay it, you get a letter to your house?
How do they know who you are and where you live?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see you winning this one, but keep us posted on how it goes.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you get a ticket on your car for a parking invoice from a private company, then if you don't pay it, you get a letter to your house?
How do they know who you are and where you live?
DVLA...

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know dvla provide the info on request, but shouldnt the data protection laws have this covered?

D

Deleted member 4436

Sad world we live in. Anything to make a quid or 2.

Guess they will state that whilst on there land you should pay the necessary fee. Interesting case see link. Guess they picked on the wrong person here

Driver's legal victory is one in the ParkingEye for rogue private firms

I reached out to this guy on LinkedIn after we received the news. He said he gets hundreds of approaches a month and would love to help, but just doesn’t have the time.

These parking companies cause so much pain to people. They’re a disgrace. And what’s even worse is that a lot of them actually operate on council-owner car parks. The car parks that are paid for through our own investments via tax etc.

It really is a disgrace how much power they potentially have.

Back
Top Bottom